Did I get a as good of a price as I think I did?

You did get a good deal. There are very few reasonably priced Disney cruises left. Another to consider is the November 26th 2011 7 night Western which also stops at Key West. For two inside staterooms (7 people total)that one is 5466.00 which works out to be $111/night. We're on that cruise! :goodvibes

You did get a good deal. There are very few reasonably priced Disney cruises left. Another to consider is the November 26th 2011 7 night Western which also stops at Key West. For two inside staterooms (7 people total)that one is 5466.00 which works out to be $111/night. We're on that cruise! :goodvibes

Thanks for the info, that is a good deal. We (the DH & I) already did Western Caribbean on our last cruise and the 7 nighters have more sea days then we prefer. Hope you and your family have a great time. I will be looking for your trip report.:goodvibes

It's hard for me to say but considering there is 7 of you, I don't think it sounds too horribly bad (especially compared to $10K and it's spring break time). To put it in perspective, we're paying just under 3K for 7 nights in Sept on the Fantasy for three of us. At least you don't have airfare and hotel!! Sounds like fun and what's nice about Key West, is there's great shops and stuff to do right where the ship docks. It's a nice area. Enjoy.

We are in Jersey so yes there will be airfare and depending on the flights we find, there may be hotel too.:thumbsup2
Any recommendations for a hotel near the port with good free shuttle service?

I would say you got a great deal compared to my 4 night Dream cruise in August. I'm paying a whopping $282 per person per night! :scared1: We're in a 4A verandah though not inside.

I have always been in sticker shock when it comes to DCL. I resently got a quote to sail out of NY and I almost fainted.:scared1:$10,000 for my family of 7 in 2 interior cabins. Granted there is no airfare or transfers, the park hopper for one day for each of us and it still was a heffty price tag.
Needless to say I hung my head low but I refuse to give up my dream to sail with Disney. Everyday I search every website you can think of that involves cruises. Only to discover what I already know. Its too expensive, not going to happen for us.:sad1:
Then tonight I felt the need to torture myself a little more and went onto DCL website, I thought people always say the further out the better, so I gave up on this being the year and went to 2012.
I ended up looking into late April and to my wonder and delight, guess what I found? I great price, I think, for the Magic. :thumbsup2
But wait that price can not be right. This is after all DCL. It is for a 5 nights with Key West which is somewhere else that I have always dreamed of going to after seeing Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey in Fool's Gold.:goodvibes
So I am flipping out with excitment and I go to book and my computer boots me out. Oh No! :headache:
Ok stay cool just call to try and book I tell myself. So that is what I did well imagine my shock when the OC tell's me he has nothing for that sailing. :confused3
OMG tell me this is not happening. Now I try not to panic. I think for a moment and then realize what about that travel company everyone is always talking about on the Disboards. what is that name again? :sad2:
Thats right, got it. Got the number, made the call.
Need a little Pixie Dust please.......:wizard:

And guess what? I got just that.
Now please tell me. It is April 25,2012, 5 nights Key West, Nass, and Castaway Cay and one sea day, 2 side by side interior cabins for 5 adults and 2 children....grand total.....$4500.00 :woohoo: This comes out to $120 per person per day. Someone once upon a time told me if I can get on DCL for under $125 per day that I have myself a good deal.
So I booked it!:yay:
I have not told my kids or my husband yet as I wanted to check with my disfriends to see if I did indeed get the great deal I think I did.
So tell me, did I?
Feel free to tell me anything and everything wonderful about the Magic and how much I am going to love her.:love:

Based on previous experience, not oly with DCL, but also with Princess cruise, I'd say you got a good deal. Enjoy!!:banana:

i'd be happy to help you feel better about your price... we've wanted to do an alaskan cruise for quite some time. i had been looking into all the cruises and with 4 kids, ages 12-15, we wanted to make sure there was something fun for them as well as the adults and that they'd be safe onboard, well, dcl was the only thing that seem to fit the criteria, so here we have 6 r/t tix to vancouver and 2 cabins adjoining with portholes, verandah was 2k more for each room. because of other obligations and those obligations didn't have set dates, we had to wait and wait for those dates to get confirmed. as airfare continued to skyrocket as the summer dates approached...lets just say that we are now up to 14k and that's not including our excursions :scared1: so i'd say book em dano! you're still ahead of me :rotfl:

thanks everyone for your imput. I feel good about. As long as DH can get the dates we are going for it. He suggested we may even go a few days earlier and stay in Disney before the cruise. This just keeps getting better and better.
Now if I could only figure out how to post my ticker correctly.:rotfl:

I also think $120 per person per night is a good deal for 7 people.

Once you have to book two rooms, you have at least 4 adults in your party so that tends to drive the price up a little.

I don't think there are many $100 per person per day deals left on DCL except perhaps the Transatlantics. But then you have that very high airfare to deal with! I tend to agree than anything under $125 per person per day is a good deal anymore.

Yes, you may have gotten a slightly better deal had you booked it last October, but even so, it still seems reasonable based on today's date.

We are in Jersey so yes there will be airfare and depending on the flights we find, there may be hotel too.:thumbsup2
Any recommendations for a hotel near the port with good free shuttle service?

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites (along with a bunch of other DISers) before the 2010 EBTA. For an April date (non-Easter), we got $62 (including tax) by bidding on Priceline. Looked at it for a more recent cruise but didn't have as good a price. This is the only hotel with 2.5 stars in Port Canaveral, so when you are bidding for it, you know which hotel you are looking at.

They do have a shuttle, but we have found renting a car and dropping it off the morning of the cruise is cheaper than using DCL transfers (and transfers only run the day of the cruise). Budget and Hertz both are in Port Canaveral. Budget seems to have lower prices; I use Hertz due to frequent use membership. Hertz is located right in front of the Country Inn & Suites, has a free shuttle (I think Budget does, too). They both have shuttles when you get off the ship.

Hmmm. I have never heard the "mathamatics to see if its under 125$ per day"
but it makes sense. I know we got a fantastic deal recently on or MR cruise. 7 day on the Wonder (doing that math) for 2 adults 2 kids was $65 per day! The deals are out there. DCL doesnt have to break the bank.

Interesting math...

Our 7 day Western in Aug 2012 on the Dream for an oceanview stateroom for 2 adults and 2 kids under 12 is $174/day, and we didn't think that was that bad for summer peak season on a brand new ship! We just booked online, as we haven't cruised in awhile, so when we are on this cruise, we'll book our next cruise!

Cool info in this thread, Tiger

Interesting thread, I don;t typically run the math out like this for my cruises.

My math made me wish I had more airline miles......
Our cruise coming up $70/pp day for the 6 of us in 2 balcony cabins
BUT..... cruise came up to $135/pp day due to costly air for our return but still I guess decent since it is with air/insurance/precruise hotel/transfers

Interesting thread, I don;t typically run the math out like this for my cruises.

My math made me wish I had more airline miles......
Our cruise coming up $70/pp day for the 6 of us in 2 balcony cabins
BUT..... cruise came up to $135/pp day due to costly air for our return but still I guess decent since it is with air/insurance/precruise hotel/transfers

Wow. Was that a MR cruise too with KSF?

It seems like the Florida Disney cruises are quite expensive, but some of the off-season MR and others may be less.

Op, if that is your Spring Break, I think that is a great price for 2012! The prices are really increasing. We were priced out of our Family reunion cruise for June 2012, because the Family waited too long to book and the price went up over $2k per stateroom. We booked on points so we are still going and will cruise again with the family in Dec 2012 because they learned to book early after missing out.

We calculate our costs per day also.

Our PC Repo cruise in 2008 was $120 a day for the 4 of us. That was awesome!! No way we could have been gone that long, ate that much, and see as much on that budget anywhere else.

Our next cruise is on points, 20 points per night per person. 7 night Fantasy in June 2012 Cat 11C. Right now that's a bargain because the summer 2012 cruises have really jumped in price. Insides are currently cash pricing at $250 per night pp if you can find one.

We also have Dec 15 2012 Fantasy booked and that is pricing out at $143 per night per person. It's our Holiday break, so I think that is an awesome deal!:wizard:

From now on my motto for DCL is "Book Early and Book Often" :rotfl:

I will not leave the ship without at least 2 OBB.

[QUOTE
From now on my motto for DCL is "Book Early and Book Often" :rotfl:

I will not leave the ship without at least 2 OBB.[/QUOTE]

I like that motto.I think I will make it mine too.:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter