Did Disney influence your kids' names?!?!

rebecca314

Mouseketeer
So ... new school year, new set of families, and everyone always asks why my son's name is Woody. We just liked the name and we love the movie Toy Story! Actually, his name is really Woodrow ... we gave him that name for something more 'grown-up', but we knew we'd call him Woody.

On the other hand, DD's name is Muriel and was no attempt at a form of The Little Mermaid's Ariel, which some people seem to think. Her name came from my all-time favorite movie "Muriel's Wedding".

Just thought I'd see how others got their names! :sunny:

nope they both have family names : Keri and Lillian but we call her Lilli

We named our youngest Andrew but call him Andy. He thinks it's after "Andy" from Toy Story. It's not but he likes to think it is so we let him. He adores Buzz and Woody too. lol I also bought him a Buzz backpack and had his name stitched on it.."Andy." It just "fits" somehow. LOL ;)

No, I thought of Dopey, Sneezy, Grumpy, Sleepy, Bashful, Happy and Doc all by myself!!
sign0177.gif

Oh I wanted to name Kiara, Aurora... Which is my all-time-hands-down-favorite-disney movie ...... He didn't go for it.

My second we considered Walt for a name... as he was our second disney concieved we toyed with honoring that

My daughter's middle name is Belle, but it's a family name. My dh's mother, grandmother & great grandmother all have the middle name of Belle. It was an easy choice. She LOVES :love: knowing she shares a name with a Princess & she's quick to tell Belle everytime she meets her what her middle name is. Belle is always so sweet about it, too. I keep waiting on dd to say something like,"I've told you this before - don't you remember?!?!?" :blush:

One of my dd's has a friend named Aurora. princess: I don't know if it was Disney-inspired, though.

Our son's name is Will. It's a family name but we joke it's after Will Turner from POTC.

My dd is named Aurora but it wasn't totally Disney inspired. It was more because of the celestial theme. My son is named Orion.

I am very excited about bringing her to Disney for the first time though! I wonder what the reaction of the CMs and the Princesses will be?

MY DD name is Athena, which is not a Disney name, but is Disney inspired. The first time DH and I went to the world was in 1996 and we met this wonderful older lady CM in the American Pavilion at Epcot. She was singing with the acapella group ( can't remember the name!) Anyway, she spotted my DH and asked him if he was in the service and thanked him - this was long before being patriotic was cool, before 9/11. Her name was Athena. She told us of how her family came over from Greece when she was a child and how thankful she was to be an american citizen. She told us about Greece and how beautiful it was and made us want to visit, so we did in Feb 2002. We fell in love with the country, the people, the mythology, etc. We weren't planning on getting pregnant yet, but did on that trip. We thought it was fate and decided to name the child Athena. When we back to the world in 2004, we brought our child Athena to meet the other Athena. They fell in love with each other, and she is still a dear friend to this day! She no longer works at the world, but still lives in Florida in Palmetto, so we visit her everytime we go down and she sends Athena postcards and gifts. Our Athena refers to her as "Nanny me" ! :love:

We choose Christopher (a family name) Zachary and taylor, but Taylor named her puppy Princess since she could'nt decide at the time which is her favorite. Now its belle.

Rebecca - WOW- My DS's name is Woodrow as well. I never thought I would meet someone else who's child is named Woodrow. It is a family name and his great-Grandfather goes by Woody so we changed it to Woods. Not Disney inspired but I like the Toy Story connection.
On the other hand EVERYONE asks us if we named him after Tiger Woods since my husband has a serious golf addiction. They all seem so disappointed when we say no.
The Disney names are great even when they are a coincidence.

CocozMom said:
Rebecca - WOW- My DS's name is Woodrow as well. I never thought I would meet someone else who's child is named Woodrow. It is a family name and his great-Grandfather goes by Woody so we changed it to Woods. Not Disney inspired but I like the Toy Story connection.
On the other hand EVERYONE asks us if we named him after Tiger Woods since my husband has a serious golf addiction. They all seem so disappointed when we say no.
The Disney names are great even when they are a coincidence.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scratchin I never thought I'd find another Woodrow! We love his name and it is SOOOO him. (Plus, wasn't Woodrow Wilson president when women got the right to vote? I'll have to check on that!)

My son's name is Holden. It's from a Miramax film and that's sort of Disney. :thumbsup2

My niece's name is Ariel and since she was born not too long after the The Little Mermaid came out I just assumed my SIL named her after the princess. She lived far from us when the kids were little so I didn't know her well enough then, but now I'll have to ask.

princesspiglet said:
MY DD name is Athena, which is not a Disney name, but is Disney inspired. The first time DH and I went to the world was in 1996 and we met this wonderful older lady CM in the American Pavilion at Epcot. She was singing with the acapella group ( can't remember the name!) Anyway, she spotted my DH and asked him if he was in the service and thanked him - this was long before being patriotic was cool, before 9/11. Her name was Athena. She told us of how her family came over from Greece when she was a child and how thankful she was to be an american citizen. She told us about Greece and how beautiful it was and made us want to visit, so we did in Feb 2002. We fell in love with the country, the people, the mythology, etc. We weren't planning on getting pregnant yet, but did on that trip. We thought it was fate and decided to name the child Athena. When we back to the world in 2004, we brought our child Athena to meet the other Athena. They fell in love with each other, and she is still a dear friend to this day! She no longer works at the world, but still lives in Florida in Palmetto, so we visit her everytime we go down and she sends Athena postcards and gifts. Our Athena refers to her as "Nanny me" ! :love:

What a wonderful story!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter