Did anyone sign up for Chase Freedom w/$300 Cash back?

ceecee

DIS Veteran
Someone posted on here about Chase having a $300 cash back bonus. We have been wanting a different rewards card, so I signed up and got the cards today...but no mention of a $300 cash back bonus. Did anyone else get this?

I got this. I got my card today and when I activated the card they confirmed I would get the $300 or 30,000 points after making $500 in purchases over 3 months. I signed up originally by going thru a link on disboards. Did you use the link that specified $300?

We also got this. But we didn't have a limit to spend before we got our reward points. We just had to make a purchase. We are using it for souvineers for our June trip!!:banana:

We got a slightly different version. 300 bucks after your first purchase.
We got the card, bought some gas, paid the bill, called the rewards number and got a check for 300 bucks!

Someone posted on here about Chase having a $300 cash back bonus. We have been wanting a different rewards card, so I signed up and got the cards today...but no mention of a $300 cash back bonus. Did anyone else get this?

I did this offer last month, I too thought it was strange that the offer is not mentioned in the welcome packet. You can call to confirm if you remember the offer code you signed up under, sometimes even finding that out can take a few calls to different CSRs. Some seem more helpful than others for sure. Just requested my check on 2/28 and estimated delivery is listed as 3/8. I had to spend the $500 so I just bought some Disney gift cards. Can't beat $500 in gift cards for $200!!!

Update: Check came in the mail today 3/3!! :cool1:

There was recently an informative thread on this very thing, but can't find it through *search*. If anyone knows where it is, (because you posted on it maybe) please post it here. I too am now very interested.

TIA!! :goodvibes

Yes, I did this last fall in my name. Then DW applied and got one in her name in January. In both cases we had to spend something like $500 in the first 3 months, which was all too easy to do. :goodvibes Luckily we are able to pay off all our credit card bills monthly and never carry a balance.

With both cards, the $300 in points was quickly credited to our account and we converted them into a check they mailed each of us. $600 for our Disney account! :banana:

I recommend the OP just call Chase and ask to make sure you're on that promo if you're worried about it.

I couldn't find the promo code when I searched, so I guess I will call them. I emailed but got no response.

DH received the $300 with first purchase offer. When we received the cards and activated them, I made sure that the $300 incentive was included. It was. We made our first purchase and got the extra 30,000 points at the end of our first card cycle. Quite the deal! Don't forget to sign up for the extra 5% offers each quarter too.

Man,
Sounds like a great offer, does your credit have to be great to get this offer, I have been thinking about getting a Disney Card for Disney Gift cards before our trips....

Signed up & approved.

Have to spend $500 in first 3 months to get $300. That shouldn't be too difficult.

I don't even have the card yet and I'm already anoid by it.

1st of all, to get the bonus 5% rewards each quarter you have to 'Activate' it each quarter. Why on earth do they do that. Who in their right mind is going to say "you know, I'd rather not earn 5% back on selected purchases, I'm happy with 1%". Why make us jump through hoops.

Then there are all he different offers. It seems that the initial offer is different depending upon what link you follow. If I follow the links I find at Chase.com, I'm offered $100 back and 0% APR on balance transfers. If I follow a link from walletnerd.com, I'm offered $200 back (no 0% APRs). And now if I follow the link being shown in the boards here, I'm offered $300 back.

I don't even have the card yet and I'm already anoid by it.

1st of all, to get the bonus 5% rewards each quarter you have to 'Activate' it each quarter. Why on earth do they do that. Who in their right mind is going to say "you know, I'd rather not earn 5% back on selected purchases, I'm happy with 1%". Why make us jump through hoops.

Then there are all he different offers. It seems that the initial offer is different depending upon what link you follow. If I follow the links I find at Chase.com, I'm offered $100 back and 0% APR on balance transfers. If I follow a link from walletnerd.com, I'm offered $200 back (no 0% APRs). And now if I follow the link being shown in the boards here, I'm offered $300 back.

May I join you in the "totally frustrated with Chase" group?

We had a plain vanilla Chase card for about 25 yrs. with a $25 annual fee - we rarely used it but kept it because it was our oldest card and that supposedly affects your credit history. Last fall DH & I each received an offer from Chase to apply for the Freedom card with a $250 bonus offer & no annual fee. I put the offers aside for a couple of days to think about it, not sure we wanted to open 2 more credit cards but finding it hard to resist the offers.

Well, a couple of days later we got a letter in the mail from Chase that our current card was being "upgraded" to the Freedom card with NO annual fee (and of course no bonus $250 either).

Last week while online checking our accounts I noticed the $25 annual fee was charged to our Freedom card. I immediately called Chase - the rep agreed that the Freedom cards do not have an annual fee. She said she would take the charge off the account "right now" and would send a notice to the problem department to make sure the account no longer shows or charges an annual fee.

One week later the account still has the fee charged, no sign of it being removed and shows it as the "balance due by 3/28".

I am totally frustrated - missed out on the bonus money, still have the annual fee, & Chase doesn't seem to know whats what.

Called chase today for another question and asked about the $300 cash back for new cardholders. Explained that I have been a card holder as well as a Chase banking customer for a very long time and have never received a bonus like the one that is being offered. Rep gave me a $338 credit (don't know where the $38 came from) to my account.

Worked for me......

My hsuband was supposed to get one, not sure he did though. When I got a Chase card all I got was $50.

It is annoying to have to activate the offer every 3 months. They email you though.

Thats GREAT!!

Called chase today for another question and asked about the $300 cash back for new cardholders. Explained that I have been a card holder as well as a Chase banking customer for a very long time and have never received a bonus like the one that is being offered. Rep gave me a $338 credit (don't know where the $38 came from) to my account.

Worked for me......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter