Did anyone see alot "jeans" at dinner?

KAR3600

DVC Member since 1996 - Cruising is the best part!
I am going on the 4 day Wonder in July, with 5 teenagers. They are "wonder"ing if they can wear jeans to dinners.....

We recently returned from the 3 day Wonder. I was suprpised to see that most people dressed up for dinner since jeans are now allowed. Especially since it was a 3 day I expected more people to dress casually. I wore nice jeans and did not feel out of place. If that is what they are comfortable in I would let them wear them. I will definitely wear jeans on some nights on our next cruise.

We just returned May 14th from the 7-day Western on the Magic with two teenage boys. They DID wear jeans on casual nights and it was absolutely fine. Jeans are now acceptable on casual nights. You'd be amazed how some people still will push the envelope, i.e. shorts, t-shirts. We didn't see anyone asked to leave! Everyone does dress nicely for formal and semi-formal night, though. My boys didn't wear jackets but wore dress shirts, ties, dress pants, belts and shoes and those stupid little short socks. :confused3 As a parent of teenagers, you know...somethings aren't worth fighting over!

I recently took a 3 day cruise and can't remember seeing anyone at dinner in jeans. Although I don't think they would have been out of place if someone was wearing a nice pair of jeans. Most men were in Dockers or dressier and the women in dress pants or dresses.

A few weeks/months ago....mind is slipping!!! I still won't wear jeans to the dining room but that is me....I find jeans too heavy in the Caribbean and take up too much room in the suitcase.

Now if jeans are allowed then I do think that shorts should be allowed. My husband has only golf shorts, they're either by Brooks Brothers or Polo and some are linen. They're longer shorts and pressed and I personally think those with a nice linen Ralph Lauren shirt tucked in or polo shirt with a belt is a dressier outfit than jeans. Of course I live in Naples Florida and you do see shorts out to dinner a lot more here than most place I'm sure.

On our recent May 15th cruise I don't recall many wearing jeans at all.

We mostly saw the guys wearing docker type pants

After the dress code change I was really interested to see how people dressed on our 7 night Magic cruise in April. I saw only a couple of people in jeans, and most women were dressed in skirts or nice capris, and most men were in Docker type pants. I didn't pack any jeans because, as some other posters mentioned, I thought they were too heavy/bulky for the suitcase. I do agree though, that if jeans are allowed, they should allow nice shorts.

-Angie

DH wore jeans a couple of nights to dinner. Our luggage was delayed, and jeans were all he had other then his bathing suit. :teeth:

No one said anything, but I felt pretty self-conscious. But maybe that was beacuse we were all "going commando." :teeth:

Denae

mickeyboat said:
No one said anything, but I felt pretty self-conscious. But maybe that was beacuse we were all "going commando." :teeth:

Denae
Well that puts a new spin on being 'self' conscious.....

I think jeans are fine IF they're clean, fit correctly and are in good repair. My DH actually looks better in jeans than in slacks so we were glad to see the dress code changes.

Just please - no sloppy stuff.

My husband is bringing a very nice pair of black jeans, hard to tell they are jeans, so I agree with the "nice looking" jeans thoughts as well. We are on the 6/5 Wonder.

There were a good share of jeans, both men & women, on the April 30 cruise. They were perfectly fine, fit in well and everyone looked comfortable. I also saw several men in nice golf-type shorts as mentioned above, and they looked very appropriate. I wish DCL would just formally accept those because they are worn and never turned away, and frankly, they are a nice outfit to dinner for the climate.

They are accepted now on both ships. That is why the OP posted. We are wondering how the new policy is affecting the dress in the dining rooms.

I saw a few people wearing jeans on the May 15th Wonder cruise, but quite honestly I was too busy enjoying myself to pay much attention! I didn't see anyone that looked obviously out of place.

I regret the downgrading of the dress policy to allow jeans. Reading the above posts, some people are looking for a further downgrade to shorts.
I am a traditionalist and prefer the glamour of life on the high seas. Why do DH's spend thousands of dollars on a vacation but can't seem to bear purchasing $ 30.00 pair of Dockers to dress business casual with dockers
and a polo shirt? Do not use the argument that because they spend thousands of dollars on a vacation that they are entitled to wear what they want. In my book, a cruise vacation implies a dressier atmosphere.

Using the new catch phrase from the upcoming Fantastic Four movie, "flame on" as I will be hit with negative replies.

I totally agree with!! I found it fun to dress up everynight!! My dh and boys didn't have a problem with wearing dockers. No Flaming from me!:flower:

here is your flame: and normally i dont do this, BUT

Why is YOUR opinon and choice better than anybody else's??
That is like saying the poeple who choose to dress casual are bad or wrong.
God made us all different therefore we have different tastes and desires.
IF we like to wear jeans, others should not judge. Most wont say you are bad for dressing up , so give us casual folks a break. Dont judge on what we wear becuase how we act and our attitudes are much more important and right now the attitude of yoiur "judgemnet" is not a very pretty one. :sad2:

anitame said:
I saw a few people wearing jeans on the May 15th Wonder cruise, but quite honestly I was too busy enjoying myself to pay much attention! I didn't see anyone that looked obviously out of place.

We saw a few people wearing jeans on the May 12th Wonder cruise also, and even a few in shorts, but AIR, the vast majority wore "less casual" attire. As another poster mentioned, nobody was turned away or sent to their room ;) I know that on one of the many pieces of paper that we received from Disney, it still mentioned that jeans were not recommended (or words to that effect). If the "rules" have indeed changed, perhaps that particular document has not been updated yet.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter