Did anyone have a great band or DJ to recommend?

DisneyNyBride

Mouseketeer
Hello All,
I am new to this site but have already gotten a bunch of great tips from what I have been reading! My wedding is in October at ADH. Any suggestions on bands or DJs and what yours cost?

Thanks!!!:yay:

Im Getting married in October too and I am on the search for a band??

What day are you getting married??

Mine is October 25th. So I'm still trying to get everything together, but no luck finding anyone we really like so far! the bands seem really pricey but I feel like one would seem really nice in the ADH.
Have you seen any bands/djs you have liked so far?

Not at alll.. My Wedding Planner Michelle keeps sending and sending.. i will let you know which one I choose

Thanks! I will check them out.

I've been searching all over the internet to try and find someone who is decent and affordable but no luck yet! I'm open to a band or a DJ at this point.

We were assigned DJ Jason Logan by our wedding planner. He was AWESOME! So funny! I highly recommend him.

My wedding is in October at ADH. Any suggestions on bands or DJs and what yours cost?

DisneyNyBride, welcome to the Dis! I've heard many nice things over the years about all of the DJs who have worked the FTW events. You probably can't go wrong with any of them.

I had PJ the DJ at my FTW event. I'm not sure if he's still on the FTW list but if he is, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone. As a matter of fact, during one of my recent WDW vacations, my son came back to our resort room late one night and told me that PJ was DJ'ing the after-hours party at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Hey, if PJ was good enough for my vow renewal party, he was certainly good enough for Disney's theme park party. ;)

Here's PJ in action at my event (our dance party was held beneath the Sorcerer's Hat Icon) -- he's wearing the Mickey Mouse vest:

2238851748_0cda99c780_o.jpg

You can kinda make him out in the background of the following photo (he's spinning the tunes):

1891574116_08110f6e32_o.jpg

Here's another one of him:

2238851700_71ed73e666_o.jpg

And if a DJ can get my husband & father to make fools of themselves, you know he's gotta be good:

1890741905_b7833732e8_o.jpg

I also had a pianist and Western Band at my event. I'll share two photos below:

2237659663_6ccb768aec_o.jpg

669147654_fcfc708c01_o.jpg

Both the pianist and the band were excellent, therefore my guess is that just about everyone on the FTW Entertainment list is equally as wonderful.

I've been at the Atlantic Dance Hall when they've had both bands and DJs playing. All were good and I easily danced up a storm each time. One band in particular that I remember, though, was a Frank Sinatra type of swing band. I'm sorry that I can't remember their name. They were excellent and the dance hall was definitely in full swing that night.

Good luck deciding on the entertainment for your event. I know it's a tough decision to make, especially since it's a nice chunk of change to spend.

Thanks! I will check them out.

I've been searching all over the internet to try and find someone who is decent and affordable but no luck yet! I'm open to a band or a DJ at this point.

Hi!
If you search orlando bands on the web a bunch of stuff comes up. Dont forget that you will be charged for bringing them in.. its 1550 for bands and I think like 750 for DJ's but if you can find a band that is cheap its still less then the 7k. I literally listened to every single band cd that disney had and none of them were what I wanted. I wanted more of a rat pack - sinatra- michael buble sound. No one had that. I finally found this awesome band the buzzcatz and for an 8 piece band its 5000. After Disney's fee its almost the same but I really love them. I wasnt gonna pay all that money and settle. good luck!

thanks for all your recommendations! We're having about 130 guests in the ADH and REALLY wanted a band. But we're having trouble finding one we love, plus the extra cost is a factor, so we might go with a DJ in the end. I'm going to check these out. thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter