• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did anyone go see Princess and the Frog yet?

We took DD7 to see it last night- she is not very "princessy" but really liked it. She loves music and was singing and all, and she loved the frogs!!

She also spotted Aladin's lamp and one other that I forget at the moment

I didn't catch Aladdin's lamp, but I did see his flying carpet early on in the movie.

We loved it - even my teen son did, and he wasn't at all sure he wanted to see it. (Thought it would be too girly, but it definitely isn't.) It was a great movie!

I loved it! Even cried at the end! Right up there with Beauty and the Beast in my book!!!!

Totally agree. Saw it twice this weekend and it was just as good the second time! I LOVED the music, characters, voice work and the colors/animation are amazing. This is one to see on the big screen.

Our family saw it last night, took DD11 & DS6 we loved it! Can't wait to add this classic to my DVD collection! I most enjoyed the music...simply awesome!

Just returned from it with my 3 year old nephew. His first time in a movie theater and he loved it! Till he fell asleep! But it was after 8 and he made 3/4 of the way through it. I really liked it and was glad to see Disney return old style aninmation. IMHO they are best at this! It remined me of the magic of Beauty and the Best and the Little Mermaid. My girsl aren't little anymore ( they went to see Twilight while we saw this), but I could see how little girls could fall in love with this movie.

MY 17 yr old daughter and I saw it last night. We thought it was very cute. She laughed at the end at an inside Disney joke..........At the very end of the movie the base drum says. 'Fire fly five plus 2'
She also spotted Aladin's lamp and one other that I forget at the moment

I think it actually says "Fire Fly Five plus Lou" (as in Louis the gator) - I caught that too! :laughing:

By the way- the TV One cable channel is running a really good half-hour behind-the-scenes show called "Diary of a Princess: Disney's Princess & the Frog," today (Sunday 12/13) at 5:30 pm Central and again next Saturday morning at 10:30 am Central.

Someone at the costume ball was dressed up as Ariel and King Triton was in the Mardi Gras parade. Where was Aladdin's lamp?! And can you please explain the inside joke? I love that kind of stuff. :)

I also thought that the tea set in the beginning resembled Beauty and the Beast.

Someone at the costume ball was dressed up as Ariel and King Triton was in the Mardi Gras parade. Where was Aladdin's lamp?! And can you please explain the inside joke? I love that kind of stuff. :)
Firefly Five Plus Lou = FireHouse Five Plus Two was a Dixieland band in the 1950's comprised of people who worked at the Disney studio, notably animators Ward Kimball and Frank Thomas.
Mama Odie pulled out the lamp as she rummaging for something.
At the very begining someone was beating out the Magic carpet.

Firefly Five Plus Lou = FireHouse Five Plus Two was a Dixieland band in the 1950's comprised of people who worked at the Disney studio, notably animators Ward Kimball and Frank Thomas.
Mama Odie pulled out the lamp as she rummaging for something.
At the very begining someone was beating out the Magic carpet.

Oh, how fun! Thanks for filling me in! I absolutely LOOOVE the Easter Eggs Disney puts in their movies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter