Did anyone do the VIP Epcot Food and Wine tour in 2014?

SarahInMN

Drink your wine with a cheerful heart
Hey all -

We usually got to F&W but skipped fall 2014 since we went for Flower and Garden 2014. We just finalized our DVC ressie and room ressie for 2015 - so I'm super excited. I'm eyeballing the VIP Food and Wine tour (not the premium package but the VIP tour). I can't find any reviews form people who did it. I assume they are going to offer it again in 2015 since it must have been a huge money maker for them. Did anyone do it or has anyone come across reviews of it?

Thanks in advance!

Sarah

I'm looking to book the F&W VIP tour for 11/16 this year. I'm excited since it will be my first F&W and first time trying a VIP tour!!

I couldn't find any reviews either but was hoping to find some on here! Looks like nobody has given you any comments yet so maybe a lot of people didn't try it last year - wasn't last year the first year?

It sounds like an awesome tour to me!

I tried to call the other day to book the tour but it's not open yet - FYI. I think we're definitely going to try it this year.

Just wanted to see if you ever had any luck finding out anything more about the F&W VIP tour?

Just wanted to see if you ever had any luck finding out anything more about the F&W VIP tour?

I haven't found/connected with anyone who did it last year. Since details generally aren't released until July, I doubt we'll get any details on this or if its being offered again for another 6-7 weeks.

Thanks! I didn't have any luck with finding any reviews from last year either. I'm planning on the tour for the last Sunday of Food and Wine but can't tell from the description if I should plan a dinner ADR? From what I can tell, it starts around 10:30 and there's a lunch included. And then there's some more touring, tasting with Chefs, and then you have a 'free time' and then VIP seating to Eat to the Beat and Illuminations. I just don't know if I have that right and, if I do, when that 'free time' is and if I should schedule a TS dinner.

I've never done F&W before, and obviously not the VIP tour. I guess I could schedule a dinner and then cancel.

Anyway, I'm rambling - LOL! I'll post if I see anything new added about 2015!

FYI - I just posted this on the main F&W thread (on page 110)

it's the Ultimate Day at Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - it runs on Fri and Sundays (424.94 or $361.20 with discount), starts at 945 am, includes What's Cooking with..., a few champagne toasts, Soarin and Test Track (I assume they take us through the FP entrance), backstage VIP The Land Tour, 3 course pairing, "special beverage demo," and VIP seating at Eat to the Beat and Illuminations. Limited to 25 guests per day.

Disney Food Blog description

Official WDW Site (you have to scroll down to The Ultimate Day at Epcot International Food and Wine Festival)

FYI - I just posted this on the main F&W thread (on page 110)

it's the Ultimate Day at Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - it runs on Fri and Sundays (424.94 or $361.20 with discount), starts at 945 am, includes What's Cooking with..., a few champagne toasts, Soarin and Test Track (I assume they take us through the FP entrance), backstage VIP The Land Tour, 3 course pairing, "special beverage demo," and VIP seating at Eat to the Beat and Illuminations. Limited to 25 guests per day.

Disney Food Blog description

Official WDW Site (you have to scroll down to The Ultimate Day at Epcot International Food and Wine Festival)

Thanks! I did get the final itinerary for the tour but decided not to buy tickets. Are you going to try it out this year? I'd love to hear your review in case we go in the future.

I wasn't a big fan of the changes from last year - moving the meal to breakfast instead of the 6 course lunch, and then only doing the FP for Soarin' and Test Track. I mean there's only like 3 other rides that would make sense to FP so why not just include all of them. I feel like there was something else taken out from last year but I can't remember. So in the end I decided we'd skip the tour.

We are going to try it this year - we didn't go to F&W in 2014 (went to Flower&Garden instead) and were super bummed that we missed the VIP tour last year. Plus we're suckers for F&W special events: we're the people who do the Wineview Lounge at PFTS, who do the premium packages, etc. So we couldn't not book this. :laughing:

I do agree more than 2 attractions would be nice but we love the Land (and have done the backstage tour before and loved it) - so that attracted us as well as the What's Cookin With (our flights changed and instead of red eyeing in on Friday, we get in on Thursday but by that time the Friday What's Cookin With had sold out so now we get that) as well as the special food pairing and beverage demo. The VIP seating is less attractive to us.

At any rate, I will post a review but we are going in November (doing the tour on Friday the 6th) so my review will be a bit later in the festival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter