• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did anyone do the 24 hour thing last night?

todzwife

<font color=darkorchid>There's nothing worse than
I'm curious how it was. I fell asleep so I didn't watch wait times throughout the night.

Yes I went. It was INSANE.

I'm only awake because I have to be -.- lol
The lines were all 50-120 Minutes.
The crowds were Bigger than I'd ever seen.
And the bottom of my feet are bruised..
Is all worth it for Disneyland tho!
Lots of fun:-)
Plus I got these pins!
fMjxCK7.jpg

I wish they had cams so I could have seen the madness. But I fell asleep at 11pm. Haha. Getting old.

A few people were posting pics throughout the night from Mouse4life. It looked like wall-to-wall sardines as far as the eye could see. I wouldn't have lasted through that! : /

I got there at about 6 and left at about 12:30....it was crazy! When I first got there until about 8 or 9 it was tolerable, still packed, after that it became outrageous! Every line was an hour or longer at about 10 and that's when we decided we were going to last much longer. I have pictures from various points so I may do a mini trip report style post

I was there all 24 hours.

Only did 2 attractions, but that was by choice. The lines in the morning were very reasonable.

I went at 1:30am and left at 6am. I was only able to get on Pirates of the Caribbean and Tower of Terror.

I was there all 24 hours.

Only did 2 attractions, but that was by choice. The lines in the morning were very reasonable.

Yes, when I got there at 6 am. The lines were almost non-existent but then for obvious reasons they sadly gradually rises up to 2 hours for more popular rides, and 1 hour for every other ride. It was madness

Is anyone surprised at how long the wait times are today? I mean for a Saturday on a holiday weekend I expect it but not after a 24-hour day?

Maybe everyone already got in their rest?

A few people were posting pics throughout the night from Mouse4life. It looked like wall-to-wall sardines as far as the eye could see. I wouldn't have lasted through that! : /

That's how it was during the one extra day in February 2012. We didn't even know about the event (we had our trip booked a year in advance and I had a baby during that year so I was too busy to be aware of what was going on in Disney before we arrived. LOL). It was very frustrating trying to leave about 9 or 10pm. Sardines is exactly how I describe it each time I tell the story, they actually had to slide walls back so you can exit through the back staging area. So grateful that we were staying at BLT so we were able just to walk back our hotel within 5 minutes, I would not have wanted to fight the bus or monorail crowd... Hundreds of people were exiting the same time we were. A couple weeks later I had my daughter at the pediatrician and her doctor happened to be on Disney the same time we were there, she said they went to Epcot that night and it was a ghost town, they got on every ride over and over. I wish I knew!!! LOL... However knowing what I know I still watched the live feed throughout the day and night... Haha... Wish I was there but only so I could hit up the other parks before they closed so I could take advantage of the nonexistent lines for rides ;)

Hey there yep, I went from 2 p.m.-2 a.m. and while I rode very little had a great time. A small trip report:

I ended up hanging out with a group who had a planned meet and some who were there the whole 24 hours. Sadly I could only do half that lol, but I ended staying way later than planned anyway! Yes, Disney definitely learned their lesson this time. Got into DL and felt like a basic Saturday although all the problems from OMDD didnt happen until late evening. Met the group and saw major rides were 60-75 mins but FPs were still going through the evening on most of the rides and they had FPs going past midnight so that was good too.

We got to DCA around 6 for dinner where we stayed the rest of the night and that was about the same as DL, busy but not jammed packed. We did a small few things but mainly sat and talked but I would say around 8 p.m. it started to get a little busier but nothing crazy. TOT was 120 mins though (I suspect because people knew it was closing early for grads so they jumped in line for it). We wanted to do RSR in the single rider line (all 12 of us lol) but sadly kept breaking down and ended up doing Luigis with a 20 minute wait. By the time the grads events started, they shut down CL, PP and TOT around 10:15 for their 11 p.m. entrance and ABL was closed anyway which basically left part of Hollywoodland, CF, BVS and GRR opened, ie, 3-4 rides, crowds were pretty light. We stayed there, did a bit of drinking at the Trattoria restaurant when we couldnt get in Carthay Circle lounge (and they had cut off a lot of drinking areas because of grads including Mad T Party) and just did the few attractions that were around and saw the entertainment. But Soarin fell to under 20 mins after 10 which we did when everyone assumed the opposite would happen so it tells you a lot of people bailed to DL. MI was about the same, 10 mins. Mad T Party was big (even without alcohol lol).

I couldnt keep going and bailed a little before 2 a.m. I did decide to go into DL for a quick walk around the park just to see how bad the crowds were myself and unlike OMDD where I heard major crowds were waiting to get in with lines backed up at 2 a.m. and the park was at full capacity, this time it took less than a minute to enter. And when I did honestly the lines for rides were long (45-90 mins minus POTC and FL attractions which were closer to 20-30 mins), but the walkways were fine. All the horror stories from OMDD about waiting 30 mins for bathrooms or an hour just to eat wasnt at all like that. Plenty of places people could sit since it wasnt wall to wall people (although I FORGOT to look in the cinema lol). I just circled the park and relatively calm most places minus the hub all things considered.

Headed to the Toy Story lot which I PURPOSELY parked in becasue I just assumed M&F would be chaos and yeah great decision. It took about 10 minutes to get on the bus. When it dropped us off it was dead. No lines of cars trying to exit. I was out in less than 5 mins when I got off the bus.

Honestly if I wasnt so tired I wouldnt have mind staying longer in either DCA and DL until 6 a.m. and up until a week ago it was NO WAY I was going to this since hearing how bad the other one was. But as it got closer it didnt sound like it would be utter chaos and I had just planned to bail the minute I felt things were getting out of hand and was planning on staying only till maybe 10-11 anyway and why I parked where I did. But yes was much less the horror story we were all predicting, even with the extra issues of grad night. It seems they learned their lesson from OMDD and planned it super well this time and staffed it to high levels. Its not to say everything went 100% perfect and obviously DL was still quite busy but it was very orderly and calm. I would consider going again in fact. Fun day and being with a fun big group really helped to get through it as well.

We went and had a great time. I was really impressed with how well they managed the crowds, and how much thought and preparation had been put in to the night. We didn't ride many rides through standby, but were able to ride several things single rider with pretty quick turn around. My kids rode Indy single rider in and out in maybe 25 minutes. They rode Splash twice in about as much time. There were several rides that broke down, and that was a bummer and made for some grumpy people (we were not amongst the grumpy). Splash, POTC, and Space were all down a the same time at one point. Thankfully, though, it didn't matter because there was so much other awesome stuff going on that you could easily find another form of entertainment. There were so many street performers/acts that you hardly got out of hearing range of one act before you stumbled upon another. The employees were in such good spirits (though I did overhear one saying to another that someone was a b*&^$, lol).

It seems every register at every food and retail shop was open. The only times we waited in a line were Starbucks (as long as usual) and the bakery (as long as usual, but faster than usual). Every other time we went to buy something, we walked right up and usually had several available cashiers available.

Loved all the special little things. The pajama party and cookies/milk, all the Monsters themed treats. There was one treat that made me do a double take. The eye (Mike) cake pop. I could have sworn it was 1/2 ball shaped early in the evening, but when we stopped by the bakery in DCA at about 3am, they were making eye cake pops that were a 'disk' shape (just a circle, not a 3D half circle). Maybe it was a different treat entirely?? but I noticed them because they were sloppily made compared to what I had seen earlier, and then I realized they were a different shape. Anyways, just an odd thing I noticed, lol. I was also suprised that they were still in FULL SWING making treats at that time in the morning. So crazy.

But yeah, it was all good. I don't have a single complaint about the night. The employees were in great spirits. I loved that they let their guard down a bit. Most were just as slap stick silly as the rest of us. Some even had funny things written on their Monsters pins (like 'WooHoo! An All Nighter!'). The young women in the ladies room in Adventure land was a sink cleaning ninja. I watched her while I stood in line to wash my hands (yeah, a line to wash hands, lol) and as a sink would become available she would wipe it down at hyperspeed before the next person reached it to wash their hands, as if she was challenging herself to be as awesome as possible. I think that pretty much sums up all of the employees we encountered.

Oh, and my kids loved that they were using the backlot (both sides) to move traffic off mainstreet.

We were there from 11:45p all the way to the end. It was AWESOME! I'm going to change my TR thread (link in sig) to include last night/this morning with some of the details. In short, I'm so glad we went and we had an amazing time!! Sill here, will update once we're home next week.

We were there 6am-6am!

We arrived about 5:45, my friend walked right up to buy a ticket, and we got in line for gate opening. The lines were only slightly longer than a normal opening, IMO.

We went to CA first, because my friend had never been. At entry, she got in the fastpass line for RSR, and I got in the merch line. Got our Sully hats, and t-shirt & Mike glasses for me. :cool1: She scored us 10:35am fastpasses for RSR. The only bummer was the staggered openings of attractions. I think everything should have been open at 6. RSR, Soarin, Screamin, Toy Story, all opened later. Annoying. Anyway, my friend hit Starbucks, we got a Monstrous All Nighter photo op, and hit the park. Pretty easy crowds there, got a little busier probably 2ish, but we hit just about everything. Missed Goofy's Sky School because it broke down and we never got back. We even saw the Alladin show. Ended our CA time with a Sully photo op, and headed over to DL about 4.

Our plan was to go to CA first, then hop to DL late afternoon & stay there. I was afraid to leave & get shut out for capacity. DL was fine at 4, much busier by 8, & packed by 9. It was super crowded 10pm-3am. We never got on Space, because we missed fastpass & waits were always 2 hours. We did Star Tours, Buzz, Matterhorn, Small World, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Pooh, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Indy, & Tiki Room. We also saw Billy Hill & got photos with Mickey and with Darth Goofy & Stormtrooper Donald. Oh, and fireworks! We did a lot. Made it to the 6am character goodbye at the Main Street Railroad Station, and even sang Happy Birthday to Goofy!

We had a great time! I didn't do Leap Day, but I would totally do this again. Yes, it was crowded, but I generally found it manageable.

Slept 4 1/2 hours, and hoping for a good night's sleep tonight before heading back to the Bay Area tomorrow. :)

Krista :)

I've been curious to know the total visitors on the West coast (DL and DCA only) from this event. They estimated 120,000 :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter