Did a survey in DLP... Changes afoot

kizzabel

Eating poisonous apples since '86
So i was wandering up thru the Liberty arcade Tuesday morning when two CMs approached us. They asked if one of us would do a survey (and mentioned €50 to compensate as it would take an hour).
I jumped at the chance!

So I was brought upstairs in Walts and explained about the process. My retina movements would be tracked and I would be asked some questions about the layout and ease of use of a new look website (and new price structures/bands)
The idea of the retina tracking was to see where my eyes were drawn to and they would bring me thru a dummy booking with two different website styles.
They said they are changing/updating their site as they dont feel it informative enough or easy to use.

Firstly they did a retina/screen calibration (I was sat infront of a computer which was larger then normal and there were cameras and microphones an the lady conducting the tests was beside me with the controlling computer - I could click with the mouse but not bring up the following pages - she controlled that).

Then I was shown different layouts and pages - all for a dummy booking at the SL.
The new pages are more stream lined and easier to navigate - I was shown two differents styles and chose my favourite. There was more detail on each page, more options to change selections - like room type, dining plans, character meals etc but thats getting away from the main thing i gleamed from this survey.

Expect big changes for those used to their onsite packages.

There will be 4 tiered price bands:
Value: no fastpasses or breakfast included. 1 park/day
Value: plus: no fastpasses but breakfast is included, 2 parks ticket
Magic: breakfast, 2 fastpasses pp - dining options (cant quite remember but dinner or lunch is possibly included, 2 parks ticket
Magic plus: unlimited fastpasses, breakfast and I think dining included, 2 parks ticket

At that stage I was getting bogged down. It seems more like the American site where your base plan was very very basic. Just hotel and tickets.
The stingey side of me says C'mon Disney, seriously you want to take away the breakfast buffet from the budget confined??

The option to add character dining (breakfast, lunch dinner) was there too.

So initially you select dates and hotel. Then room type. (Possibily tickets next) Then additionals - food plans, character dining, fastpasses, BBWWS. A summary page. Then transportation. Then the payment page.

At the end of the hotel selection page they gave a much better additional offers summary - like to change to a different hotel and for different dates. I made the point that its harder to see the cheaper dates on the website - its clearly displayed on the brochure. The summary page also displayed the % saving you were making and you would receive an additional saving on BBWWS and fastpasses/dining if booked now.

They asked for my suggestions and I said the option to pre-reserve dinner times online as they allow to prepay for character meals and I made some wording suggestions too.

For the pleasure of having a good nosey at their webpage plans I received €50 in Disneyland Paris vouchers which we used in Auberge :thumbsup2

If anyone wants to ask anything feel free - I'm sure I've forgotten something!

Glad their updating the website with more information but I think it's so wrong to take the breakfast away from the basic plan! It's not wdw, there's not enough breakfast options to do that. Disneyland Paris should realise that their different and just do whats right for them. Plus it can't cost them much to give people a basic breakfast, and the rooms are expensive enough.

Oooohhhh, interesting! I wonder when this will "appear"?

Bonus to get paid :thumbsup2

Hope you had a great trip! :goodvibes

Sounds good to me. If the basic version is cheaper. We don't each much before EMH and can pop in to Salon Mickey for breakfast.

I dont understand the whole fast pass bit of it though why take fast passes away from people if this does happen this will probably be our last trip to disneyland paris for a long time.

Disneyland paris is so expensive for the dates we are going Disneyland Paris hotel was only £60 cheaper (and thats with 30%off) then if we were to stay in the Grand Floridian for the same time (I know tickets aren't included in their prices) and the two hotels just dont compare.

When you say no fastpasses - does this mean VIP fastpass or non all together because if you don't have the ability to get any in the park queues are going to be even longer and the new Mickey meet and greet could have problems...

When you say no fastpasses - does this mean VIP fastpass or non all together because if you don't have the ability to get any in the park queues are going to be even longer and the new Mickey meet and greet could have problems...

I agree I just dont understand! Who thought of this idea?

Sounds like an interesting experience - more fun than any survey I've been asked to do.

For anyone with APs the 4 tier system is a good thing, but it would be interesting to see what kind of price difference there is between the tiers - pretty sure though that they'll hike the top three tiers rather than lower the bottom one.

Glad you had a good time - Xmas season really is a wonderful time to visit.

Sorry about your mum - wouldn't wish arthritis on anyone, but I'm sure it's a relief compared to some of the illnesses that come to mind when the words brain scan are mentioned.

So basically if you go for value you can't park hop during the day?

Sounds pretty sucky if you ask me. Glad I'm staying offsite and buying an annual pass. DLP isn't like WDW, and I would rather they kept it that way.

I knew they was taking away breakfast due to misuse.

If the no breakfast option proved cheaper than it is now then yes I'd agree with that. (but I doubt it will!)

Does sound as though they are trying to charge for every possibly option, which I know they do in Florida, but that (for me) is what makes DLP different!

On the positive, I'm pleased they are trying to improve the website, as it is FAR from user friendly!!

How good was the websites? Also do you reckon they're still be doing it at the end of November? Could do with the extra cash! lol

Im assuming the levels that say fastpass means like you get in DLH now - one extra FP per person per day

For anyone with APs the 4 tier system is a good thing, but it would be interesting to see what kind of price difference there is between the tiers - pretty sure though that they'll hike the top three tiers rather than lower the bottom one.

It still doesnt give a room only option though which is what people with APs want/need

I knew they was taking away breakfast due to misuse.

Im sure people will still misuse breakfast though so it will be interesting to see if they keep a closer eye on people making packed lunches up from it

Im assuming the levels that say fastpass means like you get in DLH now - one extra FP per person per day

It still doesnt give a room only option though which is what people with APs want/need

Im sure people will still misuse breakfast though so it will be interesting to see if they keep a closer eye on people making packed lunches up from it

If I am paying extra for breakfast, I'd expect to be able to take some with me! I wont at the moment as I see it as an extra, not to be mis-used. I know people won't agree with that, but DLRP are turning what is an affordable week away, to one that is not!

I think the value option is a great idea, IF, it is significantly cheaper. It would give people on a limited budget to enjoy Disneyland.

Not having breakfast doesn't bother me. We stayed in Travelodges for a few nights in the summer & opted out of breakfast & chose lovely brunches in nice places or a quick snack & nice lunch later. I would to get up, go straight to EMH & grab a snack.

Breakfast is one of my favourite meals, but continental doesn't do anything for me.

I would however expect the cost of breakfast to not be exorbitant, & it to be of good quality, with plenty of choice.

It must feel great to be part of the decision making process :)

Interesting to hear what's planned... I'd opt to stay onsite on the basic option with my AP if it was a decent price. They would have to provide some more non-hotel breakfast options though, as there aren't all that many at the moment (though we do enjoy the EoS breakfast BLT!)

The first two lowest price tiers have no FP. The 3rd tier has 2 per person, the most expensive price band has unlimited FPs.

Also they will show better/detailed photos when you are choosing your room type as I said currently it isnt clear what standard of room you get for paying more to upgrade. So when you are making your room selection there will be the following
standard : photo of typical room
lake view : photo of typical room
etc etc dependant on hotel options.

Also raised the point that there isnt sufficient info in honeymoon suites, empire state, suites in DLH, admirals floor etc and that there should be pictures and price guides.

This is really interesting, I would have loved to take part in this with or without the 50E - how sad am I lol.
Its a good thing that they recognise the problems with the website and plan to address them. More tailoring is in theory good, but I share the concerns that others have expressed about the value option. I also fear this wont be any cheaper, but the rest will just be dearer than current prices. That would be awful.
Historically they are not good at bringing changes in quickly, if this is still in the research stages where they are taking comments on board, I think it will be at least a year before we see any real changes.

I also fear this wont be any cheaper, but the rest will just be dearer than current prices. That would be awful..

this is hat I also fear after just seeing on dlrptoday that Disney are still making a huge loss they are obviously going to start charging for any thing they can!

Thats what i reckon they are planning on too girls. Bit much really. I felt like saying "But you cant take our fastpasses and breakfast, ya big meanies".

Lol Lola I was so thrilled to be asked to do the survey. First thing that came to mind was You want to pay me to do a survey which feeds me valuable info to bring home to the Disboards!?! muhahahahahaha

Then I saw the basic plan.... and I could smell the desperation for revenue. Nice one Disney :rolleyes:

But on the upside they had 20% and 30% offers programmed in for the dummy bookings.

I just wish I could have recorded it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter