diapers & wipes for the park

MrsTeddy

Mouseketeer
This may sound silly but I read a tip on here to pack diapers for the park in baggies, one sandwich size bag gets a diaper and a few wipes (and I'm thinking a disposable change pad) then when you go in to change baby you just grab a single baggy and your ready to go.

I was going to start doing this since we leave in 10 days but DH is concerned the diaper will absorb the moisture in the wipes.

Has anyone done this with success? It sounds super covenient.

I would put a few wipes in a sandwich size ziploc baggie, then put that, along with a diaper, into a quart size bag.

Dh and I put a glove on our dominant hand when we change messy diapers (like the kind Doctors use--they are a few bucks at any store). I'd add one of those to each bag if it were me!

I always put wipes in the sandwich bags alone and the bag of wipes, diapers and disposable changing pads in the freezer bags in the bottom of my stroller. It was easy and fast when I needed to change. It also helps to leave the backpack with other stuff for the parent who stays back with the other kids.

Can't think of the specific name for the product (a Mini Changer?) but I have one of those changing pads with pockets. It folds up to the size of a thick tablet and keeps wipes, 3 diapers, poop bags, ointment, and a distracting toy nicely organized. It has a strap that can clip in to itself so I easily looped it around the handle of the stroller. I restock it at the end of the day and give it a quick hit with Lysol.

Here is the one I have:

http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?SKU=14924230&RN=7190&

SOOOOO worth it!

We had a slim diaper changing pad with a pocket for diapers. It also held ointment if necessary. We put our wipes in a small ziploc bag. I kept it in the bottom of the stroller and took it out as necessary. It was very quick and easy.

PosadaGirl519 said:
Can't think of the specific name for the product (a Mini Changer?) but I have one of those changing pads with pockets. It folds up to the size of a thick tablet and keeps wipes, 3 diapers, poop bags, ointment, and a distracting toy nicely organized. It has a strap that can clip in to itself so I easily looped it around the handle of the stroller. I restock it at the end of the day and give it a quick hit with Lysol.

Here is the one I have:

SOOOOO worth it!

We use something similar to this. IMO, it's easier than packing sandwich/storage bags with the essentials, plus it's a bit more environmentally friendly (assuming PPs throw out the Ziploc bags).

Do whatever works best for you and your family, though. You know yourself best!

Here is the one I have:

SOOOOO worth it!

We have something similar and love it!

This may sound silly but I read a tip on here to pack diapers for the park in baggies, one sandwich size bag gets a diaper and a few wipes (and I'm thinking a disposable change pad) then when you go in to change baby you just grab a single baggy and your ready to go.

I was going to start doing this since we leave in 10 days but DH is concerned the diaper will absorb the moisture in the wipes.

Has anyone done this with success? It sounds super covenient.

What happens if there is a blow out (well a big mess). I used different amounts of wipes for different 'things'.

I used gallon sized bags. I put a bunch of diapers in one & I put a whole wipes container/package (no container) in another. This way I always had enough wipes.

As far as a changing pad, I brought 2 thin blankets, ? recieving blankets & used them. I did laundry while there & always had a clean one, plus they are not bulky.

Well, the wife and I prefer a different method. We have 2 diaper bags. 1st is the normal big bag with all the usual stuff, this one stays under the stroller. The 2nd is a small messenger style bag that keeps everything you might need for 1 or 2 diaper changes + stuff you want while waiting in lines and gets refilled from the normal big bag.

This lets you leave the stroller at the normal parking areas and enjoy not having to lug the big bag.
There is no way I want to lug the normal bag thru the Seas pavilion in Epcot, that thing is heavy and since my wife picked it out, comfort and manliness was not a priority.

I made 2 of these one stays in the car and the other in the diaper bag for quick changes. Mine has the wipes case changing pad and the little clutch. So much easier. I'll take pics and post if you like? Oh and I didn't spend $40+ more like $7 ;)

I use a large ziplock bag with my changing supplies. One of the good things about it is that I can leave it in the bottom of my stroller, and everyone can see that it's nothing good, so they don't want to steal it. Plus, since it's all in one bag, it's super easy to grab when I have to empty the basket to collapse the stroller.

I have to get the storage bags that are one size bigger than the gallon bags, but I have two in diapers. I keep a receiving blanket that I use for a changing pad, a few diapers in both sizes, a travel packet of wipes, and an extra onesie, pants, and socks for the baby.

I can fit 8-10 diapers, large wipes refill (with resealable flap), several baggies, several disposable changing pads, and diaper cream in a large ziploc bag. We leave it under the stroller seats so it's easy to retrieve, and place in DH's backpack when we need to fold the stroller for monorail/buses.

Personally, I wouldn't pack it that way because you will either end up with a lot of "extra" or you will throw a lot away, but that's just me. Some diaper changes I use one wipe, others I use 4. If I were packing that way, I would put 4 in each bag, but then what do I do with the extra? Throw them away or end up with tons of extra wipes in the bag? Also, those disposable changing pads are really expensive. Buying the store brand, I think I paid $4-5 for 12. If I change 6 diapers a day, I would have to buy (and pack in my suitcase) $20 of disposable pads for a week.

Although I agree this way sounds convenient, it may end up to be more of a hassle. I have used two ways, and I'm not sure which I like better. One thing I did is to have each kid have their own tiny backpack instead of one big diaper bag. That way it fits into the bottom of the stroller really easily. Then, each kid had what they needed for the day in their bag. So, YDS (the one in diapers) had a travel pack of wipes, 2 disposable changing pads, 6 or so diapers, a change of clothes, and a sippy cup. When I went to change him, I could either open the bag and easily find what I needed to bring or I could grab the whole backpack since it was so small. I would reuse the disposable changing pad unless it was soiled, and then I would replace it with my extra. The other "method" I used was to use one of those "diaper and wipes" clutches that pps mentioned. I would keep the travel pack of wipes and a couple of diapers in there and use the plastic changing pad that comes in the case. Since the clutch had a snapping handle, I would just clip this on the stroller and grab the whole thing when I needed it. Then, as diapers were used, I would replace from the big bag. Both worked well for me (not sure which way I'll do it this time) and required little to no advance planning.

How exciting that you leave so soon! I'm excited for you! Have a great trip.

I use a back pack diaper bag when we go to disney. I just bring the whole thing with me in case I need extra wipes or clothes. It also has a changing pad in the back of the bag. I love the baby centers and tried to use them as much as possible.

I also have one of the small mat/bag combos that we take with us and leave a bigger bag in our car/at the parks in a locker and that bag has more wipes/changes of clothes etc in case you have a blow out, the pocket in our small storller can hold the sippy and a snack handy

I just put diapers in one gal. size zip bag (and squeeze out the air each time) - with a couple of plastic grocery store bags for disposal, and wipes in another gal. size zip bag., then putting all of that in our back pack.
This method worked very well for us, and we also received compliments from security for having see through bags and being well organized. :thumbsup2
I also put a change of clothes in a ziploc. that way if there was a set of messy clothes, they could go in the zipper bag until we got back to the resort.
(I even did that with some spare undies and shorts for the just potty trained kid.)

I KNOW that putting wet wipes in with a diaper would dry out the wipes and wet the diaper, because that's what the diaper is designed to do. I could see putting the wipes inside the bag inside those little snack size bags.

Happy planning! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter