Diapers for older children?

I guess I really just don't understand the 7 and under thing? Once my kids were potty trained they never had any more accidents or sudden urges than a teen or adult. DH and I always have to go to the bathroom before the kids. (We always joke that we drive 23 hours to FL and have never had a child ask to stop, because DH or I have to stop less than every 2 hours.) If anything, the adults in our family would need the diapers not the kids. :rotfl:

DS - when he was four couldnt always get to or tell me in time if he had to have a BM so we packed extra underwear when at the parks. he did have accidents but i just tossed the underwear i would never had put a diaper on him! not even at 4!!!!!

DD hates the bathrooms on planes so even at 5 she new enough that she should go before getting on the plane!

I guess I really just don't understand the 7 and under thing? Once my kids were potty trained they never had any more accidents or sudden urges than a teen or adult. DH and I always have to go to the bathroom before the kids. (We always joke that we drive 23 hours to FL and have never had a child ask to stop, because DH or I have to stop less than every 2 hours.) If anything, the adults in our family would need the diapers not the kids. :rotfl:

I swear we stop every 2 hours, and it is always us not the kids! We only live 10 hours from DW and seems like it takes us forever because we stop all the time. :lmao:

Wow. Just wow.

I have a (healthy and average) DD who I thought would never potty train and I was ecstatic at 3.5 when she was finally totally rock solid. I have a sone who is 2 and will probably be freshly potty trained when we go to DisneyWorld. I can see 2 possible outcomes of putting my kids back in a diaper to save myself hassle:

1. They would resent me and lose confidence in themselves and we would deal with the emotional aftermath of that decision for a long time.

2. They would decide that was indeed easier and regress when we got home and we'd deal with the physical aftermath of that decision for a long time.

It is, should be, a goal of all parents to reach a point where our kids will not choose to soil themselves any more than we would choose to soil ourselves. That point in a typical child is WAYYYYYY before age 8. I hope that I can rejoice at every potty run in DisneyWorld that my kids have (hopefully both)reached that milestone. I would rather miss 3/4 of the fun options at any park than tell my kids that their physical needs are less important to me than another chance to ride Space Mountain!

I simply CANNOT imagine!! Pull Ups at night are one thing...(I had a chronic bedwetter until he was probably 11) but diapers at the park?? I think he'd rather just not go at all! Even my 4yo can be made to understand that she needs to take a potty break BEFORE we stand in line!

Why not just buy a big box of depends for the whole family! Imagine how much more touring time there'd be if no need for bathroom breaks! :eek:

:rotfl2: This reminds me of the Grey's Anatomy episode where they wore diapers to get through a long surgery:

Lexie-and-Cristina-450x252.jpg

"I wore a diaper yesterday, yes - and I will wear one today. If it helps Dr. Shepherd get through the surgery, I will wear a diaper. My diaper is awesome. My diaper is hard-core. You wish you had the ***** to wear my diaper. I'm gonna wear it, and I'm gonna wear it with pride. And if I have to pee in it? Oh, I'll pee. Because I am a surgeon. This is America. And I will do what needs to be done. So you can kiss my hard-core, diaper wearing ***."

So I'll wear a diaper, if it helps my family ride Soarin' one more time. My Disney diaper is hard-core! :rotfl2:

No way and if you are a parent that puts their 8 year old in diapers then I have no problem saying I think you are a nutcase. Take your kid to the bathroom before you get in line, people even 5 year olds have been doing this for generations, and it has worked out just fine, why mess with it :confused3

This reminds me of a story about my 4 year old. He climbed to the top of a lighthouse with dh, it took quite awile and just as they got to the top he announced he had to pee, so down they came. Lesson learned, pee first ride later, no diapers required ;)

LMAO I hope this is a joke. There is no way I would put my kids in diapers at Disney just so we wouldn't have to worry about frequent bathroom breaks, there are plenty of bathrooms and my kids would be horrified if I even suggested it. I could see putting a pullup on a child that has been recently trained in the last few months but not an 8 year old. Even if an older child did wear a diaper I'm sure once they wet themselves they'd want it off immediatly so you really wouldn't be saving any time.

WOW - I thought I had heard it all but just WOW!!

There are some parents out there who have taken the turn into seriously creepy.

That's disgusting. Assuming the premise is to delay toileting so as not to ruin the fun. Relearning to lose bowel or bladder control for convenience isn't an easy thing to do and would likely psychologically damage my children if I used that tip.

Whatever happened to pre-emptive pottying?

There are some weirdos out there.

There seems to be a lot of discu.... oh wait hang on a sec.. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry just needed to relieve myself and didn't want to take precious typing time away. Anywho, why don't we meet these people half way and suggest wearing an overnight, heavy flow, maxi pad with wings. That way they would still have to take a bathroom break for number 2. No problems, only solutions.

There seems to be a lot of discu.... oh wait hang on a sec.. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry just needed to relieve myself and didn't want to take precious typing time away.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Literally LOL!!! Wait, I think you made me pee myself a little, and I don't have my dipey on!!!

That's crazy. Now, I am bringing some pullups for my 3yo, because I'm not sure how well she'll do with so many distractions. She's 95% potty trained, but I think with the excitement of disney she might have some accidents. But, if she were 4 or older, I highly doubt I'd do that.

I'm sitting here with the most puzzled, disgusted look on my face. :confused: I can't wrap my head around actual real people doing this! Takes the cake for the most bizarre thing I've heard in awhile.

I don't remember ever being so inconveinced by bathroom breaks anywhere that I would ever think of this. Seriously, how often are these people going to the bathroom that diapering an 8 year old is a better option??

My kids are 3.5 and 5.5 years old and would flat out refuse if I presented them with this idea (and I would be glad!) Aside from the sheer grossness and weirdness of it, how uncomfortable would that be after you've been out of diapers and in underwear for years and years??

I can't imagine anyone would seriously do this unless the child has medical issues. I think that some of the posts on that other message board must have been just for shock value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter