Diaper accidents

Last cruise as I took DD out of the pool for potty break a little girl told me that DD could pee in the pool like she and her brothers did. I never wanted a shower so bad in my life!!!!! Seriously how lazy are parents? The bathroom is right next to the pool!!!

It's things like this that's make me happy we can use the Adults only pool! :goodvibes

Last cruise as I took DD out of the pool for potty break a little girl told me that DD could pee in the pool like she and her brothers did. I never wanted a shower so bad in my life!!!!! Seriously how lazy are parents? The bathroom is right next to the pool!!!

Omg that's crazy !!

Thanks everyone I didn't know the rules since we are new cruisers I have 5 months to read up on here lol

My son is in the middle of potty training I'm not sure what we will do maybe that waterproof diaper cover?

Omg that's crazy !!

Thanks everyone I didn't know the rules since we are new cruisers I have 5 months to read up on here lol

My son is in the middle of potty training I'm not sure what we will do maybe that waterproof diaper cover?

Whatever you use, he won't be able to play in the pool in a diaper. But will be able to play in the splash area.

I think it's potty-trained kids that have accidents in the pool because they are too excited and having too much fun to go to the bathroom.

That was my son. I would ask over and over if he had to go. I would even force him "sit" for awhile in the bathroom until he went. He was so concerned that he would miss two minutes of action.

Ah, this why I'm so crazy and love early potty training, my daughter soon to be. 2 1/2 has been potty trained since 1 1/2 (18 months) she has not had a poop accident since the day she started pooping on the potty two weeks after pee and I just a huge believer on the earlier you train kids the better, because they get use to idea from early on that the potty is where you go and not on your self, I feel like the longer you have them pee and poop on the self the worst it is, a bit of subject per say but a huge interest of mine...

Even when my daughter is in the tub she lets me know she has to pee and we get out and do so, so I agree with the laziness part.

I'm going in a week and I have no problem taking lo to the bathroom anytime she needs to go, not to forget the hundreds of reminders I'll give her since I know she will be busy, I never have to but considering how busy she will be I of course I will!!!

We had a little boy throw up in the Mickey pool on our cruise. I felt so bad because he just stood there in disbelief crying. The parents were sitting next to me on the edge of the "ear". Poor little guy. I think it was a combination of excitement and perhaps what he ate. The pool was closed for about 4 hours.

It's things like this that's make me happy we can use the Adults only pool! :goodvibes

I've sat above deck, laying out on my tummy, and would watch a group drink and drink and drink, buckets of beer, in the adult pool. Never saw one of them get out to pee. I was on my tummy for 2 hours, people watching, chair hog watching..lol listening to my ipod :rolleyes2

Whatever happened to telling kids the water will turn blue if they pee in the pool? :D Now they're taught to pee as they please? Gross! I wonder if any of these parents are on the dis? Are they reading this right now? That's gross, parents!

Whatever happened to telling kids the water will turn blue if they pee in the pool? :D Now they're taught to pee as they please? Gross! I wonder if any of these parents are on the dis? Are they reading this right now? That's gross, parents!

:rotfl: We were always told green, and fell for it for years!! There was no way I was going to be caught with a green circle following me!

I've sat above deck, laying out on my tummy, and would watch a group drink and drink and drink, buckets of beer, in the adult pool. Never saw one of them get out to pee. I was on my tummy for 2 hours, people watching, chair hog watching..lol listening to my ipod :rolleyes2

:rotfl: Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.

Omg that's crazy !!

Only completely potty trained children are allowed in he pool. The splash areas are designed to specially filter water allowing infants and toddlers. The pools are not.

I thought the pool on the Magic was just gross - the water was cloudy. I was thrilled that my daughter was not potty trained at the time and was not allowed in. I have read enough times on this board how parents are going to rush potty training so their kids can use the pool. We all know how that worked out.

Yes, accidents do happen but I do think it's the parents job to take their children to the bathroom - whether or not the child "thinks" they have to go. There's no way I'd swim or let my child swim on any pool on any ship. Ugh, disgusting!

Pools always have pee in them. It's just a fact. I'm actually willing to bet that the adult pools have as much pee in them as the family pools. Pee is not harmful, it's sterile. It's what makes your eyes burn in a pool. A lot of people blame that on the chlorine, but it's the pee reacting with the chlorine that causes that irritation. The more you know...

In any event, I think parents are the reason this happens. Our community pool has a forced potty break every hour on the 00:50. ALL kids under 18 have to get OUT of the pool for 10 minutes (this is also a lifeguard break, so they go off duty). Most kids use the bathroom at this time. Our pool is rarely closed for "accidents" and when it is, it's usually vomit (which is another story...I don't get how you don't KNOW that you are going to vomit, and when you feel like that, why would you be swimming around?).

I would welcome a forced potty break every hour on the Disney ships, but that would NEVER happen. They do it at the Legoland water parks, though, and I think it's fabulous!

It happens so many times daily because although DCL has a rule that children who are not potty trained are not to use the pools, that rule is generally ignored by many guests. There's also accidents and illnesses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter