Diane's Journal - Welcome all!

pettyone said:
. . .Can I just say "OUCH"!!. . .

Yes, pettyone, you certainly may! lol My words at that time were a bit more "colorful" than "ouch," but basically, you've summed it up quite nicely! lol :rotfl: BTW, thanks so much for your encouragment and :wizard: ! :)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*​

All I have to say for myself today is: OMG!! I lost 3.6 pounds! What the heck!?!? :rotfl2: I have no idea how I did this, but rest assured, I'm NOT complaining. :rotfl:

The week ahead will be a long one. I'm switching to a Saturday AM meeting, so it will be 11 days before the next official WWWI. I could find myself being tempted to go off program more than usual if I'm not careful, so I'm commiting to MORE exercise to get me through (and staying active on the W.I.S.H. board, of course)!! :goodvibes

Well, it's week number 3 of the WW program for me. I had WI today, and I'm down 2 more lbs.! :cool1: That's 9.6 lbs gone so far!!! :sunny:

I can really tell a difference in my attitude this time around. When I signed up for the W.I.S.H challenge many moons ago, you might as well say that I quit before I ever even started. (WOW! That was in Sept of 2003--feels like a lifetime ago.) I'm SO HAPPY I decided to come back last month (3/5/05). :goodvibes

:cheer2:THIS TIME, I AM GOING TO MAKE IT!!!!! :cheer2:
:grouphug:

Well, the bad news is that I've done a really poor job of keeping up with my WISH journal. The good news is that I've been successful away. I'm down 17 pounds altogether and I have another new clippie! WOOHOO :cool1:

I've had a really difficult time this month with major mood swings. Yes, I'm known to be "moody" on occasion, but I do not recall having had so many shifts from low to high within such a short period of time before now. :confused3 ("Dear Lord, please don't tell me I'm losing it at 37!" :crazy2: ) I’ve also had several arthritis flare-ups over the past few weeks, occasional constipation ( :ssst: ), and I’m not sleeping well most nights. I’m supposed to be “feeling better” when I’m dieting!! What gives? :confused: I felt FANTASTIC the first 3 weeks, but now, I’m falling apart physically. (????) Yes, I’ve upped my fiber intake, but I’ve also greatly increased my water as well, so I don’t understand about the “C-word” problem at all. (???) The lack of sleep is due to the arthritis, so at least I know what’s up there.

All in all, I must pat myself on the back just a little:

#1 - Even with the erratic moods, I have kept right on exercising. There is no way the moods will level out unless I force myself to do this....even when I don't feel like it! Every single time I take a walk, or visit Curves for a workout, I feel SO MUCH BETTER immediately afterward. YAY ME! :cheer2:

#2 – I’m STILL HERE! :sunny: Even though I’ve not taken the time to journal, I still take time to read as many new posts on the WISH board as possible, and I post almost daily . . . even if it’s just to post my exercise time.

#3 – I’m still on program! :cool2: Sure, I’ve slipped off program a time or two, but only for one meal, and then I’m right back on track.

#4 – I actually walked in our local “Relay for Life” last night! I almost didn’t go due to a sudden attack of self-consciousness, but I forged ahead and DID IT ANYWAY! The cause (American Cancer Society) was well worth my effort, and I was so happy to have attended. It was VERY COLD (wind chills in the low 40’s—that’s darned cold in Texas), and even though I’m not physically capable of walking great distances for long periods of time, I can be proud of myself for finishing my allotted track time!

#5 – I still KNOW I’m worth all this effort! :goodvibes

:wave:

Hi Diane!!

I'm glad to hear that you're doing so well!! That's AWESOME!!! I'm sorry about the trtouble with the arthritis and mood swings...hopefully those are just temproary and you'll be back into the full swing of things!!

That's awesome about the Relay For Life!! I wanted to participate last year (the ACS is near and dear to my heart), but I was out of town when they had it, so I was unable. It's just terrific you were able to meet your goal in that...great job!!! :goodvibes

I still KNOW I’m worth all this effort!
AMEN!!! Keep that in focus all the time and you'll be successful in everything!

Hi Diane!!!!!!!!!!!! You're doing great. Congrats on the losses and the clippie. Hope your head feels better!

Boy, oh boy! I went through a really rough time today (financial issues). But I must say that now I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that I really mean business this time!! I DID NOT want to seek comfort in food, and I did not let my nerves get the best of me. After the ordeal was laid to rest for the day, I took a walk to rid myself of the terrible tension headache that had developed. It actually worked - and even faster than Tylenol! lol :sunny:

I've said it before, but now I have proof that I am going to make it to goal this time! :cool1:

Good for you... It is so easy for me to use "stress" as an excuse for chocolate LOL! You are very strong!

Hi Diane! :wave2:

I just had a chance to finish reading your journal and I love your :sunny: and positive attitude! Congratulations for sticking with your program! You CAN do it, Diane!!! :cheer2:

Keep up the good work! :cool1:

Tracy

P.S. We'll be in WDW in December too! :Pinkbounc

Thank you Mary, Tiger, CarolA and Tracy! You guys have no idea how much your encouragement means to me! :grouphug:

I have sort of been playing around with my eating schedule this week, and I *think* it's really going to pay off on the scale this Saturday. (Now watch! I've probably jinxed myself and I'll start retaining fluid or something. :rotfl: ) Anyway, there really seems to be something to this thing about eating every 3 hours. I’m still counting my WW Flex points, but I’m putting equal space between my main meals and snacks. For the past 3 nights, I’ve not put a bite of food in my mouth at least 3 hours prior to bedtime. It may all be in my head, but I really don’t feel as hungry as I have over the past 6 weeks, and that's just pretty darned cool. :cool1:

Aww, thanks Diane!!!!! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Sounds like you've got a great plan! I fall asleep around 10, so I stop at seven.

Whatever floats your boat (or as I say, washes your pan/works for you)!

Have a GREAT day!

I was right!!!! It paid off!!!! I'm down another 4.4 lbs. and I have a new clippie! :dancer:

:cloud9:

I go to WW with my mother. Every WW attempt I've made in the past has been with her. She can be a great source of support. However, she's really down on herself right now, and nothing I say seems to lift her spirits. I try to stay positive, and I offer suggestions only when she begins to make specific complaints, but nothing I say is ever right. :confused3 When things are not going so great for me, she's quick to throw out the motherly advice and make suggestions with my weight loss struggles. However, when I try to do the same for her, she rejects or reacts negatively to all of my suggestions. :confused3 So . . .

I've done a bit of reflecting today. I remember times (past WW attempts) when I would move along at a nice steady pace with my weight loss, and Mom would struggle with hers. She would reach a point where she would only lose .2, .4, .6, etc. The more she would struggle, the moodier she got. The moodier she got, the more I'd want to not bother making the trip with her into Tyler for the weekly meeting. Not too long after, we'd both end up quitting. :(

The more I think about this, the more it makes sense . . . I truly think she gets more and more depressed each time I have a decent loss, but she is at a point of struggling. I know this because of the comments she makes about me losing so fast while she gains or basically remains the same most weeks. These comments have started earlier this time than in the past, and she has had a 1-lb gain 2 out of 3 weeks now. As for myself, I feel I have a stronger sense of will power than I've had in the past. As long as I'm strong, I want to continue to TRY to be a source of support for Mom, even if I don't feel like I am doing such a good job right now. :(

Anyway, I've decided once and for all, that if she keeps this up, or if I find myself losing momentum over this situation, I'm going to have to dump her. :guilty: (Isn't that TERRIBLE?!?!) So far, I'm still determined as ever, and I pray that my good attitude will remain strong during her period of "struggle." (Struggles she attributes to certain medications she must take.) I will pray daily that she will find success this week! I know it doesn't sound like it, but I honestly do enjoy our time together more often than not, so I really hope I can withstand this!

Diane, you are quite the inspiration to everyone who reads your journal and even those who simply come in contact with you!

Hopefully if you keep your positive attitude and your mother sees you losing regularly each week, it will motivate her. If it doesn't and you feel you must make the "cut" (for lack of a better word), then you have to do what you have to do to allow yourself to continue with such great success.

I checked out your picture of the "BIG"inning and feel I know you now, not to mention you look SO familiar. Well, they do say we all have a twin somewhere in the world...perhaps I've met yours already.

Keep up the good work! :flower:

I'm so sorry for your mom, I bet that must be discouraging to her. I know some people are just "slow losers" but something is better than nothing!! Also, if she's working out, sometimes body weight may not be decreasing by much but the body composition is getting smaller. I hope that she will start seeing those small losses in a positive light....our own personal view on what we're doing plays such a big role in how we live.

I agree that you will have to do what you need to in order to be successful with what you're doing. It's so easy to get caught in the downward spiral when your "support" system is already on it.

Your mom isn't going to reach a goal (be it climbing a mountain or climbing to better health) in a snap. It takes time, preparation, dedication, strength and a positive attitude to keep you through. Best of luck. You're doing well.

Well, I've been AWOL for a bit, but I'm still working hard. Physically, I had a few rough days last week (lately, my TOM just drains me), but I still lost 1.2 lbs when it was all said and done. (WOO HOO!) :cool1:

I'm happy to report that my mom is better. I just stayed positive and kept my distance for a few days. She worked her way out of her funk and had a productive week. She did not, however, make our weekly WW meeting this week (she coordinated a 50th anniversary party for my aunt & uncle and was tied up with that on Saturday), but according to her scales at home, she was down almost 3 pounds! I hope she continues to stay focused this week so the official scales at WW will show a HUGE 2-week loss for her this Saturday (May 21st). :goodvibes

I took an exercise break this weekend due to the many events I had to attend. (MIL's birthday, Aunt & Uncle's 50th, church events, etc.) I have not gone 3 days without exercise since joining Curves on March 7th. I make time for at least a 30-minute walk daily, but it just didn't happen this weekend. Oh well...breaktime is over, and I'm back in my groove.

The special-event food was quite a challenge. I did well on Saturday, but yesterday I blew it with 5 choc-chip cookies and a Coke (not diet) -- yikes!! :rolleyes1 However, I'm not beating myself up over it at all. I KNOW today is a new day, and I'm ready for it. BRING IT ON! :sunny: I still have Monday-Friday to get through before I weigh in again, so I can still lose weight this week -- even with the Sunday splurge!

I have to take time to brag on my daughter a bit. She is a member of our church's AWANA group. AWANA stands for Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed (based on scripture found in 2nd Timothy). The program is only in it's 3rd year at our small church, but it has been very successful. The kids are divided into groups: Cubbies (pre-K), Sparks (K thru 2nd grade), and Truth and Training (aka: T&T -- 3rd thru 6th grades). One of the purposes of AWANA is scripture memorization, and boy is there A LOT of scripture! I think that a child who makes it through all 4 years of T&T will have learned and memorized well over 400 bible verses. Anyway, Katie, my daughter, is in her first year in the T&T group. She passed off her 1st year T&T book this year and received a special award for this. In most AWANA clubs, passing off one book per year is normal, but at our church, she is the first 3rd grader to ever accomplish this. There are 5th graders (who started the 1st book as 3rd graders) who have still not completed their 1st book. Katie extended a challenge to her fellow club members for next year, and I really think the special recognition for her accomplishment provided some much-needed incentive for the entire group. Needless to say, I was a proud momma at the award ceremony last night. :goodvibes

Anyway, MUCH to do today, so I'll get busy now....

:moped:

Well I've been trying the Reverse Diet for a couple of days now. I'm eating like a King at breakfast, a Prince at lunch, and a Pauper at dinner. I've actually already lost another 2 pounds in just 2 days, but I'm going to give it a full week before I say whether or not the plan is really working.

Day #1 - I had my regular breakfast of Go Lean cereal with strawberries and milk, while watching the GMA episode about the lady who lost 172 lbs on the Reverse Diet. I had my larger meal for LUNCH on this day (since I was just getting started). I had chicken teriyaki with brown rice and stir fry veggies. For snacks, I had La Crème yogurt, an apple, and some Quaker caramel mini rice cakes. DINNER was cereal & milk again.

Day #2 - I had baked chicken, steamed broccoli, squash, and onion for BREAKFAST. Then I had an apple & a glass of milk for a mid-am snack. For LUNCH, I had a grilled chicken sandwich on wheat. For my mid-afternoon snack I had another apple (LOVE apples) & a glass of milk. DINNER was a bowl of Go Lean cereal and milk.

Today: BREAKFAST - A glass of milk, baked chicken, baked potato with light sour cream and Smart Balance Smart Squeeze (butter), steamed broccoli, and tomato slices sprinkled with pepper and dill. I'm SO FULL!! :rotfl:

My plan is to have something really satisfying for lunch, like a lean grilled burger on a wheat bun WITH cheese; more apples, yogurt, and something else that is still "undecided" for snacks; and the cereal & milk again for dinner.

I'm TRULY surprised by how I've been able to handle the non-breakfast foods early in the a.m. My only real problem is that I've had a little trouble getting in enough WW points each day, but I was not at all hungry at the end of either day. As a matter of fact, I actually felt over stuffed!! I'm still drinking 1 gal. of water/day too.

Well, I've been off the wagon (so to speak) for about a week and a half. I haven't gained or lost anything (thank you, Lord!), but I know I've not been OP for several days. It all started about 5 days after starting the "Reverse Diet."

First, I decided that Spring cleaning was long overdue, so I REALLY overdid it. I felt terrible after 2 days of pushing myself to clean like a crazy person.

Then, I fell ill with a stomach bug. This lasted about 24 hours, but it took 72 hours to feel "normal" again. (This is probably the only reason why I've not gained.) Needless to say, the "Reverse Diet" has not sounded good to me since this happened. I will just go back to normal breakfast foods from now on. I still plan to do the bulk of my eating prior to the evening meal. Light as possible before bedtime is my plan.

Last weekend (Memorial day weekend), we went camping, and it was miserable! The campground we chose was packed, and everyone was practically on top of one another. It rained the entire trip, and we were practically eaten alive by fire ants to boot! When we returned home, I was stricken with none other than PMS!! I've definetly done worse with my eating, but still, I've been far from "on program."

Today is my daughter's 9th birthday, and I'm going to enjoy my day with her. We're dining out for lunch and going to a movie. Afterward, we'll have a small family b-day party for her and I WILL EAT CAKE. ;) Tomorrow is another day . . .

We're going out of town this weekend, so no Sat. WW for me (again) and more dining out. I'm going to make a WW meeting this morning and probably will weigh on Thursday mornings for a few more weeks to come. Summer weekends are very busy for us, but I plan to stay OP from now on! I have some very important goals to meet, and I'm not giving up now!!!!!!!!

Sorry I haven't been here recently! Life just gets in the way of...well, life! I know how you feel about being sick. You've got a great attitude, and that will take you far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter