Dialysis on board?

Fan 4ever

Earning My Ears
My family and I want to go on a cruise around Easter, but recently my Mom has been diagnosed with chronic kidney disease and requires dialysis three times a week. Does anyone have any experience with this?

My father is a dialysis patient. He and my mother have done several dialysis cruises, but not with Disney Cruise Line. As far as I know, they do not do dialysis cruises. You can go to the website http://www.dialysisatsea.com/home.aspx and get some information there. My parents have booked their dialysis cruises through them. They have cruised on Royal Caribbean and Holland America. They have an Alaskan cruise booked for this summer booked through this them on a Royal Caribbean ship. They have been very pleased with the experience and the service they received from the cruise lines and the dialysis staff. I'm not sure what information you are wanting, but feel free to PM me with any specific questions you have. One thing, if you are wanting to cruise around Easter, you need to contact the Dialysis At Sea site soon to book. Your mother will have to receive medical clearance before they allow her to cruise and that can take a little time and there are limited spaces for dialysis patients on each of the cruises they offer.

My mom did the dialysis at sea as well. She was very pleased with her care while on board. The only thing that kinda bummed her out was all the wonderful food, and having to limit what she ate/drank because of the dialysis dietary restrictions. The program cruises many cruises, but am unsure about DCL.

Probably couldnt do this by Easter but goggle Peritoneal Dialysis and have your mom ask her doctor if it is right for her. You do it at home, you can travel easily and do it wherever you go, and less food restrictions. I did hemodialysis for 6 months and PD for 18 months before my transplant. If you have questions, feel free to drop me a line

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter