Diagnose me please!!!!

I've tried coughing mine up to anxiety but I've never had anxiety wake me up in the middle of the night before.

Judi has yours gone away completely now?

Mine wakes me up, and no, it hasn't gone away. Like I said though, the less I think about it the better it is. I do think its some sort of digestive problem that is aggravated by anxiety.

Try and relax....I know, easier said than done. But honestly, you really will make yourself sicker if you try diagnosing yourself on the Internet, or letting other people do it for you. We know that to be true don't we Beth? LOL! Hugs honey!! Feel better.

Oh yes I know the internet diagnosis is silly. Like I said I've got an appt. at 1:45 tomorrow to find out what it really is but thought I would ask here too. Hugs back!

With my gallbladder attacks I had pain around and under my right shoulder and in the upper back area. I also alot of the same symptoms you have. My DS had pain in the middle of his chest along with nausea. We both had ultrasounds but DS ended up have a hidascan which checks for the emptying of the gall bladder and an endoscopy to be sure it wasn't something else. Good luck at the doctor.

whoa..:scared1:
I peeked into a TMI thread...:scared1:
:duck:

Hi Beth..:wave2:

Okay first I have a Drs. appointment just wondering if anyone has the same symptoms.

For the past few weeks I've been burping and burping and burping......also my back really hurts in the middle and then the top of my stomach in the same place as my back. Like if you could stick something through my stomach it hurts in the same place as my back.

Also I'm flip flopping from loose stools to almost constipated..........

In my mind I have so many thngs going around,

IBS
Gallbladder
Gerd
Hiatel Hernia
Reflux

Opinions?

Oh and like I said I do have a Drs. appt. just wondering if anyone else has had anything similar.

Actually it sounds as tho it could be any of those on your list Beth. If it's gall bladder, the pain will continue to get worse and believe me, you'll know! Hope you feel better soon and send
pixie dust it's nothing serious and good luck on your dr appt!

Our oldest DD was just diagnosed with HH&GERD. Her pain was long lasting and intense, so the dr ordered her to hospital for two days of testing too rule out heart problems. Thankfully testing was negative for any heart problems and the prescribed Prilosec is helping. Guess better safe than sorry. :goodvibes

:scratchin My other hunch is......
Mommie anxiety over your sweet 16yo DS getting his 1st kiss!?!?! JK!! :love1: :rotfl2: ;) :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lovestruc

You may have more than one problem going on. Some of it sounds a bit like gall bladder, and some if it sounds like a hiatel hernia. I started getting terrible pain in my upper stomach which I also feel in my back when I was 21 years old. I suffered with it for a long time because I was scared to see a doctor....my dad had just died of esophagus cancer! I eventually had so much pain I did see a doctor and they decided it was gall bladder. So I had that removed and the pain came back. So it wasn't gall bladder. I waited a few more years and had an endoscopy and it turned out to be a hiatel hernia.

When you get that pain, try eating some bread or crackers. The pain, if it is a hiatel hernia, could be because you have too much stomach acid backing up into your esophagus. For me, eating some bread or crackers almost always makes the pain go away! It soaks up the acid and relieves the discomfort fairly quickly. I have dealt with a lot of pain issues in my life, but the pain I get with those attacks is about the worst thing that I have ever experienced. Honestly, it is just horrible. Protonix twice a day keeps the attacks to a minimum, but they still happen now and then. It's a good idea, if you take pain meds, even things like aleve, to always eat when you take them. Also, acidic stuff like soda and tomoato products are really good things to avoid if you can! If it happens more at night, just keep some crackers by your bedside so you can releive the pain without having to get up.

Good luck to you, it certainly is no fun to deal with all that!

See the thing that has me confused with gallbladder is that I'm not hurting on my right side under my breast at all. Most places I've read have said that there is pain under your right breast........mine is totally in the middle of both my back and my chest (or upper abdomen.)

Did any of you with gallbladder problems not have pain on the right side?

Mu gallbladder pains were directly in the middle of my chest, and the exact same location in the middle of my back, just as you describe. First time I thought it was a heart attack. Sounds very much like gallbladder to me.

Hi Shep, miss you around here!!!!

Well I just had tons of heart tests, EKG, Doppler, and Stress Test and it was all clear so thankfully it isn't heart related. Sometimes when I burp it burns and sometimes the pressure is there too. So we shall see. I'll update tomorrow.

My mom had several ultrasounds. They didn't show gallstones. Turned out instead of stones she had a sort of silt that didn't show up. Something to keep in mind if they can't figure out your diagnosis. They had to do another test to finally find it.

Actually, I don't think they knew for sure it was her gallbladder when they went in to take it out. It was a very educated guess and they were right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter