DHS with 5yr Girl

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
For those of you with a young girl, what attractions do you go to at Hollywood Studios? There seems to be lots for our 9 year old son but not as many for our 5 year old daughter. Rides we do have are
little mermaid
Disney JR
Muppets 3d
backlot tour
beauty and the beast

Also added Lights Motors Action, hoping she'll sit through it.

How tall is she? My 6yo girl LOVES Star Tours, Tower of Terror. If you're going during the Frozen stuff you can also do all of that - the singalong is fantastic. She also loved Fantasmic!

My 5 yr old DD loved the honey I shrunk the kids area. We loved the Hollywood and vine lunch the characters were amazing.

She also loved star tours which really shocked me lol

We used to save time (and some groans from DS's) by splitting up. DH and the boys went to "Lights, Motors..." while DD and I did the Beauty and the Beast show (which we both absolutely LOVE!)
By doing two at once, it helped cut down on the stress of trying to fit in all of those shows with specific times.
Also, does your DD like drawing? The class in Art of Animation is fun for any age older than perhaps a toddler and there is usually a character meet and greet in the same building (was in 2012 at least- Winnie the Pooh was there)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/hollywood-studios/magic-of-disney-animation/

How tall is she? My 6yo girl LOVES Star Tours, Tower of Terror. If you're going during the Frozen stuff you can also do all of that - the singalong is fantastic. She also loved Fantasmic!

She's tall at 45", but she's a bit scared of things so only have FP for Star Tours for DS9 and DH (and even questioned it for him).

Yes she does like drawing so that and also playground are options.

Am hoping the Frozen event gets extended to October.

Art of Animation building has Sorcerer Mickey, Minnie in her own pretty cool dressing room, and characters from a current movie, I think it's Wreck It Ralph and the Incredibles. Sometimes you get lucky and there are extras in there. We've met Hook, Smee, Geppetto, Pinnochio, Mary Poppins and 2 Penguins, Goofy and Max .... never know.

Toy Story Mania

Meet Buzz & Woody, Phineas & Ferb, Disney Jr Characters

Frozen Sing-a-long is great and the other stuff if still happening. Sounds like the show at least might be in American Idol studio then from rumors.

Great Movie Ride, has Mary Poppins, Wizard of Oz, lots of kids ride it.

DHS is my 5 year old girl's second favorite park!

Toy Story Midway Mania is her favorite ride in all of WDW. She loves the Disney Junior show, the Ariel show , and the Belle show. She enjoyed the car show (Lights, Motor, Action), but didn't love it.

She wasn't a huge fan of the Indiana Jones show or Star Tours, but she's not into wild rides at all (Soarin' scares her).

If the Frozen stuff is still going on, that was a huge hit as well. We went ice skating and went to the sing a long.

Don't forget Jedi Training--my daughter loved it and is seriously bummed she has aged out and can't do it anymore.

Toy Story Mania...yes of course. I was writing this post outside of the house and so didn't have my FP list infront of me. That one is on the list for sure.

Not sure she'd like the Jedi Training. DS will try for it, but have heard it's tough getting a spot unless you're there at RD and you run.

Yeah...wasn't really sure about Lights Motors Action...but was trying to find at least one other attraction we can all do together as a family.

For Great Movie Ride...it sounds scary with the Alien scene so I have skipped that one for her.

Sounds like there are some other character stuff, and really crossing my fingers for Frozen extension into October...but I imagine that it's also tough to get into the Sing a Long???

My daughter is 7 and we've been going to Disney since she was 5. DHS is her favorite park (as she told me last night, since we're leaving on a short trip tomorrow). Here's what she likes to do:

Star Tours (as many times as possible--hopefully FP+ doesn't mess with this ride too much!)
Jedi Training
Characterpalooza
Beauty & the Beast
All the Animation Building activities
Characters--Jake, Sofia, Wreck It Ralph & Vanellope, Mike & Sully, Mickey, Minnie
Streets of America
Muppets
Disney Junior

What she hates: Fantasmic. And she refuses to ride Tower of Terror. None of us have ever been on it, because we all refuse to ride it. **blush**

Writing it out, it doesn't seem like much, but it really is. The shows are long and take up a lot of time. If your child is arty, they can spend hours in the Animation Building. Characterpalooza offers an opportunity to explore the Streets of America, which she loves doing. The last time we were at Disney, last October, we spent 13 hours straight at DHS, with no break, from a pre-opening ADR to close. I don't recommend doing that, but I think some kids are just wired to love DHS, and I have two of them (the 7 year old girl and a 4 year old boy).

We leave tomorrow and the kids are already talking about Star Tours. It's such a great ride.

Not sure she'd like the Jedi Training. DS will try for it, but have heard it's tough getting a spot unless you're there at RD and you run.

If you're there at RD, you will be fine, most likely. You don't have to run by any means...the people who do are set on a specific show time they want. Obviously, the closer to the front of the line you are, the better choice of shows you have.

Sounds like there are some other character stuff, and really crossing my fingers for Frozen extension into October...but I imagine that it's also tough to get into the Sing a Long???

Not at all. During the summer, when crowds are much higher than October, it was reported that some shows didn't even sell out. If it's extended into October, you'll likely be able to FP+ it and will be fine.

My daughter is 7 and we've been going to Disney since she was 5. DHS is her favorite park (as she told me last night, since we're leaving on a short trip tomorrow). Here's what she likes to do:

Star Tours (as many times as possible--hopefully FP+ doesn't mess with this ride too much!)
Jedi Training
Characterpalooza
Beauty & the Beast
All the Animation Building activities
Characters--Jake, Sofia, Wreck It Ralph & Vanellope, Mike & Sully, Mickey, Minnie
Streets of America
Muppets
Disney Junior

What she hates: Fantasmic. And she refuses to ride Tower of Terror. None of us have ever been on it, because we all refuse to ride it. **blush**

We leave tomorrow and the kids are already talking about Star Tours. It's such a great ride.

Lots of things for your DD. As above, I don't think Star Tours is for her (fear factor) nor is Jedi Training (not her thing), but the others would do. I've never heard of Characterpalooza. What exactly is it?

Have an awesome vacation.

If you're there at RD, you will be fine, most likely. You don't have to run by any means...the people who do are set on a specific show time they want. Obviously, the closer to the front of the line you are, the better choice of shows you have.

Not at all. During the summer, when crowds are much higher than October, it was reported that some shows didn't even sell out. If it's extended into October, you'll likely be able to FP+ it and will be fine.

Not planning on rushing to RD since night before will be late (Electrical Parade at MK...and perhaps fireworks). But when we get there, we'll head to Jedi Training and see (but for DS).

That's really good to hear that FP is likely ok for the Frozen sing along. I just wonder though since A&E FP is impossible. Is this something you get can beforehand, or is it sign up when you get there? It sounds quite promising that they'll extend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter