DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I booked myself and dh for 5/27. I tried to book a separate one for Ds and dd in case they decide to go too.

Disney won't let you do that. You can only have one reservation at a time.

However dd has her own account so I used her log in and booked them that way.

What if you had teens etc or other family members that were ONLY on your account?

My concern was if we needed to cancel . If I booked for 4 and 2 didn't want to go I didn't want to get stuck paying for 4.

So do we think I’ll be able to park my stroller, ride SDD once and then get in line for W&J with still being one of the first sets of families for W&J?

I totally forgot I’m going to have to deal with a stroller (mommy and me trip with my 5 year old who cannot walk a whole trip without crying).

Or is there somewhere I can park my stroller early before they even let us into TSL?
Stroller parking is as soon as you get in the land on the left. Right at the entrance to TSM. Park quick and keep walking and M and G line for WJ is on the left.

It sells out rather quickly. I’d book it, and then cancel if you decide not to go. You’d get a full refund if you cancel. I think it’s 24 hours?

Yes, one day cancellation policy.

I agree, I would not mess around with TSL EMM sell-outs. This doesn't have to be booked right when available, but I wouldn't linger more than 1-2 weeks.

Yes, one day cancellation policy.

I agree, I would not mess around with TSL EMM sell-outs. This doesn't have to be booked right when available, but I wouldn't linger more than 1-2 weeks.
For July 4th week, I’m not sure I’d wait that long.

If I remember correctly, isn’t there about 30 people booked for July 1, on these last couple pages alone?

I booked myself and dh for 5/27. I tried to book a separate one for Ds and dd in case they decide to go too.

What if you had teens etc or other family members that were ONLY on your account?

My concern was if we needed to cancel . If I booked for 4 and 2 didn't want to go I didn't want to get stuck paying for 4.

This also happens when you try to book on a sold out date and then manage to snag 2 spots, and on a later date find an additional 2. You can’t have 2 reservations each for 2 people, and unless there are then 4 slots available you can’t just replace the reservation. You can call in and they are able to do it over the phone, though. The problem would be if it were not during Disney phone hours, which would be likely, or if someone booked it while you were waiting on hold for a CM. It is an annoying byproduct of this being treated like a regular ADR. Just so you know, you can also call and have them drop some people from your reservation while leaving others alone. So not nearly as easy as doing it online, but you wouldn’t be stuck paying for 4.

After reading all the positive post about this event and since our dates opened up, I booked June 17th for my daughter and me. We missed TSL opening by a week last year so we are excited to see it this year.

Need advice on picking Mon or Wed for EMM. We’re coming late July - would you put it toward the beginning or middle of your visit, or does it matter?

I did the same when we went 12/31 when I wasn't sure if DW and DD would be joining. I have DW's login info and just booked me and DS with my account, DW and DD with DW's account. It means keeping up with more 'stuff' but easier to tinker with things online later without having to call.

Need advice on picking Mon or Wed for EMM. We’re coming late July - would you put it toward the beginning or middle of your visit, or does it matter?
We are doing it at the beginning of the trip, with the thought being that the harder to get FPs will be easier later in the trip, so we "need" the EMM less.

Also, early in the trip we are more rested, and I think it'll be easier to get out so early.

Well, I'm probably crazy, but I booked this for our trip in June. We have Fantasyland EMM and then the next day Toy Story Land EMM. Anyone done one the day after the other? Are we going to be exhausted? I have to try to figure out when to watch HEA now. We were going to go Tuesday night but with an early day Tuesday and Wednesday, now I'm not sure. Ugh. We have a short trip (only 4 days). I really should know I can't cram everything in. Something has to give!

We’re doing TSL EMM on a Monday and MK EMM on Tuesday- the day we fly out. Our Sunday night will be a relatively early evening at Epcot, but these were the days that fit our trip, so that’s what we’re doing. Sleep is highly over rated. lol And this is the trip that started out with me saying “ we’re NOT overbooking this time”. Famous last words!

So do we think I’ll be able to park my stroller, ride SDD once and then get in line for W&J with still being one of the first sets of families for W&J?

I totally forgot I’m going to have to deal with a stroller (mommy and me trip with my 5 year old who cannot walk a whole trip without crying).

Or is there somewhere I can park my stroller early before they even let us into TSL?

It seemed like people WERE having luck riding SDD and then going to see W&J when they were opening the land early. But all the reports for the last few weeks have been consistent that it’s not opening before 7:20 and most days more like 7:25. Ther must have been strict directions to stop letting people in so early, given how consistent it has been for a few weeks.

I’m leaning towards getting in line for the meet and greet immediately, because it seems like that just keeps building, whereas SDD dies down again midway into the event. Not sure, my kids might decide they don’t want to do the meet after all, so we’ll see...just over a week away now!

This also happens when you try to book on a sold out date and then manage to snag 2 spots, and on a later date find an additional 2. You can’t have 2 reservations each for 2 people, and unless there are then 4 slots available you can’t just replace the reservation. You can call in and they are able to do it over the phone, though. The problem would be if it were not during Disney phone hours, which would be likely, or if someone booked it while you were waiting on hold for a CM. It is an annoying byproduct of this being treated like a regular ADR. Just so you know, you can also call and have them drop some people from your reservation while leaving others alone. So not nearly as easy as doing it online, but you wouldn’t be stuck paying for 4.
Thx . Good to know.

Well, I'm probably crazy, but I booked this for our trip in June. We have Fantasyland EMM and then the next day Toy Story Land EMM. Anyone done one the day after the other? Are we going to be exhausted? I have to try to figure out when to watch HEA now. We were going to go Tuesday night but with an early day Tuesday and Wednesday, now I'm not sure. Ugh. We have a short trip (only 4 days). I really should know I can't cram everything in. Something has to give!
I just did both EMM back to back last week and it worked out well for us. However, my kids are little and still take mid-day naps. We did HEA dessert party the night that we did EMM at HS but HEA fireworks were at 8 so we weren't up super late. Plus we were staying at BLT so easy walk back after fireworks. I know the feeling of wanting to cram everything in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter