DHS Touring Plan

jemlover

Mouseketeer
I have been working on a touring plan for DHS for this June. One of the online touring plans indicates you should get there before rope drop then ride TOT & RNR then ride Toy Story Mania. I'm not sure about this plan because when we were there in December the lines for TSM were always long and the fastpasses were gone before noon. Does anyone else think it would be best to ride TSM first?

I think you should RUN to TSM, and get a fast pass. This is what my family did, then we got in line and rode it...the line wasnt very long...maybe 25 minutes??? then....when we got off the ride.....we got another fast pass for it. you can use your fastpasses anytime after your scheduled time, and our first one was for likr 10:15 am and then the second one we got was for around 6:30pm. so we did things that you didnt need a ast pass for, then 2 hrs later we got a fast pass for something else in the park. we usually get a fastpass for either ToT or RNR then wait in line for the other. this last trip, we went with another family. so there was 6 of us total (3 from my family, and 3 from theirs. there wass a boy who was 15 or so, thought girls were yucky still lol i was 20, but i still did things with him). well anyways, we got like 2 fast passes each for RNR, and then the parnts didnt want to go again, so we took their fastpasses, THEN the boy didnt want to go again, so I took his, and i went on in 6 times in a row!!!! it was just amazing!!! lol

anyways....back to what is going on lol, i think getting a fast pass for TSM is the best route, then make your way to see things that dont need a FP like the indy show, and GMR, and PLEASE dont skip OMD, a lot of people do because they dont want to watch a movie, but it makes me cry everytime i see that. that is the history of Disney, the reason we can go there and enjoy it so much. im geting goose bumps right now just thinking about it. i cannot think of anything else that would reqire you to have a FP....hope i helped in some way!!!

I would recommend going straight to TSM at rope drop! That is where the masses are headed. We rode the ride and were on within 5 min. We then got a fast pass for later. WE would have fast passed it right away but the lines for each fast pass machine were 10-15 people long and they were announcing at the door to TSM that they would not let people in the fast pass line in to catch up with their group. We then went to Tower of Terror and didn't have mroe than a 10 min. wait. NEver did make it to RnR,.

Thanks to both of you for your input. You just confirmed what I was already thinking. I agree with the poster who mentioned OMD. It's a great exhibit and I think it is often overlooked. The movie always gets me a little teary too. DH and I are traveling with our DS and DDIL and I'm going to make sure they see it. This is DDIL's first time to WDW and I'm excited about showing her everything. I think it's going to be a fun trip! We're getting together this weekend for some early planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter