• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DHS to Epcot

tink645

Mouseketeer
What is the best way to get from DHS to Epcot? Also, approximately how long does it take?

TIA

You can take the Friendship boat from the dock at the front of DHS -- it makes stops at the Swan/Dolphin, Boardwalk, and Epcot. It is a nice ride, though not exactly speedy. It could take anywhere from 20-45 minutes, depending on time of day.

The other option is to walk -- there is a pathway along the water, I believe it would take about 15 minutes if you were walking at a pretty good pace (I haven't done it myself). I do know that most (if not all) of the path is uncovered, so that 15 minutes may feel a lot longer under the beating sun. Probably a better bet in the morning or evening.

What is the best way to get from DHS to Epcot? Also, approximately how long does it take?

TIA

If you want to go to the Epcot front gates (Future World) take the Epcot bus from DHS.
Once boarded and underway, the trip takes about 12-15 minutes.

If you want to go to Epcot's World Showcase, take the Friendship from DHS to Epcot's International Gateway. (The Gateway enters WS between UK and France.)
Once boarded and underway, the boat trip takes about 25-30 minutes, including the 3 interim stops at the resorts along the way.

As was said, you can walk to Epcot's International Gateway.
At a normal pace, figure about 25-30 minutes. A speed-walker might make it in 15 minutes, but that's a very fast pace.

DHS-Epcot-C-All-081908.jpg

I just want to say nice job with the map!
I had no idea you could take a boat to Epcot from DHS. That map provided an excellent visual reference. We will be at DHS but have dinner reservations at Le Cellier. A boat ride sounds perfect and a nice break from walking.

I've done the walk from the BC to DHS and it's definitely more like 20 minutes if you are a fast walker. We walked in the morning so it wasn't so hot and uncomfortable, but it was still very sunny (not much shade along the way). And getting to the IG at Epcot would be at least another 5 minutes.

If it's hot or stormy, take the boat. It's not the fastest, but it is not all that slow and it's a lovely rest for tired feet!:goodvibes

I just want to say nice job with the map!
I had no idea you could take a boat to Epcot from DHS. That map provided an excellent visual reference. We will be at DHS but have dinner reservations at Le Cellier. A boat ride sounds perfect and a nice break from walking.

Thanks for the kind words about the map!

Since you're just going to Le Cellier,
here's a closer view without the Future World section of Epcot shown.

DHS-Epcot-IG_081908.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter