DHS -Star Wars-land Plan?

Actually came across yesterday and it's being discussed in the news round up thread. The permits were discovered by a poster on wdwmagic.com

I would also like to add that park journey is wrong in saying these are blue prints for Star Wars land. These plans are for a permit that was filed for a large retention pond across world drive. The majority of the yellow expansion space will be used for parking improvements or changes. There is also a good amount of road work that is found within the permit.

Last edited:
No no...often times there permits say almost nothing...but hide a lot more.

If you read about the "swampland" restructuring that they seem to be in s rush on...one of the things is listed in this very permit...and is the only detail of value:

The victory way/Osceola parkway interchange.

That is indeed a "big deal"...as it eliminates the silly "main entrance"...and the back entrance and frees up the south side of the park for either repurposing or expansion...behind star tours.

No no...often times there permits say almost nothing...but hide a lot more.

If you read about the "swampland" restructuring that they seem to be in s rush on...one of the things is listed in this very permit...and is the only detail of value:

The victory way/Osceola parkway interchange.

That is indeed a "big deal"...as it eliminates the silly "main entrance"...and the back entrance and frees up the south side of the park for either repurposing or expansion...behind star tours.
That's exactly what this permit does. It's for simple retention pond but it reveals road changes coming as well.

Actually came across yesterday and it's being discussed in the news round up thread. The permits were discovered by a poster on wdwmagic.com

I would also like to add that park journey is wrong in saying these are blue prints for Star Wars land. These plans are for a permit that was filed for a large retention pond across world drive. The majority of the yellow expansion space will be used for parking improvements or changes. There is also a good amount of road work that is found within the permit.

It really annoys me when sites run with stuff like this without doing their homework. I will have to post a response over there to correct their mistakes.

It really annoys me when sites run with stuff like this without doing their homework. I will have to post a response over there to correct their mistakes.
I agree it leads to a lot of misinformation and confusion.

But how can you be first to publish "news" if you don't make wild speculations based on limited information?!

But how can you be first to publish "news" if you don't make wild speculations based on limited information?!

I assume that all the time now on Disney fan sites...

I also blame this partly for Disney getting practically no criticism for doing a whole lot of nothing in Orlando for 10 years...why do something when hacks get you positive PR based on things they hope you'll do and report that you are doing?

Like fishing with dynamite.

It frustrates me that Disney likes to release statements about how they are going to do Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land but then don't so much as tell us if they are going to be expanding the parks or if they will be repurposing what's already in the park. Then people get hold of plans like this and go forth with wild speculation with very little to really go off of. Just tell us if the plan is to get rid of Muppets, LMA, Mama Melrose, etc. or if you are going to expand out.

It frustrates me that Disney likes to release statements about how they are going to do Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land but then don't so much as tell us if they are going to be expanding the parks or if they will be repurposing what's already in the park. Then people get hold of plans like this and go forth with wild speculation with very little to really go off of. Just tell us if the plan is to get rid of Muppets, LMA, Mama Melrose, etc. or if you are going to expand out.
Disney does that to save themselves from negativity. From what I have heard, LMA gone, Muppets safe for now, Mama melrose possibly gets rethemed.

Disney does that to save themselves from negativity. From what I have heard, LMA gone, Muppets safe for now, Mama melrose possibly gets rethemed.

...or to be complete noncommittal and let people whip themselves up, keep traveling, and keep spending while they squirrel their nuts in the tree for winter...

I'm not really sure why people would expect to get a detailed development schedule from Disney. You don't get it from any other company either. Nobody does business that way. Hell the company I work for doesn't give me that level of detail about their plans for the next quarter never mind 5 years!

Yes it's frustrating if you're a fan and you "need" to know, but it also a completely unreasonable expectation because No company is going to lock down their plans like that.

I'm not really sure why people would expect to get a detailed development schedule from Disney. You don't get it from any other company either. Nobody does business that way. Hell the company I work for doesn't give me that level of detail about their plans for the next quarter never mind 5 years!

Yes it's frustrating if you're a fan and you "need" to know, but it also a completely unreasonable expectation because No company is going to lock down their plans like that.

Little different with entertainment, isn't it?

I wouldn't show up at Samsung and say "what kinda computer are we rolling out in 2018?"

But...Samsung doesn't ask me to drop $10,000 before I enter the front gate...and they don't ask me to keep coming once a year until then...

No? Entertainment can't function without a constant flow of "coming attractions"...pun and no pun intended.

Little different with entertainment, isn't it?

I wouldn't show up at Samsung and say "what kinda computer are we rolling out in 2018?"

But...Samsung doesn't ask me to drop $10,000 before I enter the front gate...and they don't ask me to keep coming once a year until then...

No? Entertainment can't function without a constant flow of "coming attractions"...pun and no pun intended.

Announcing coming attractions is one thing, expecting them to announce the details behind it is entirely different. There's just no positive for them to posting a detailed construction schedule. All that would happen is people would first nit pick it to death then watch like a hawk and scream bloody murder at the slightest deviation from the plan.

...or to be complete noncommittal and let people whip themselves up, keep traveling, and keep spending while they squirrel their nuts in the tree for winter...

I was going to say ... turning One Man's Dream into a Star Wars dog-and-pony show seems particularly cynical.

"No, we can't tell you what kind of rides we're going to build or where they'll be built or when they'll be built but ... OHHHH LOOOK! SOME STAR WARS PROPS!!! Cool eh?"

But ... they're really over the barrel with how much they let DHS, Epcot and AK fall behind. The cynicism mostly occurred in the last 10 years. They don't have any choice now except to tease things out.

Fortunately for them, fans are willing to oblige them by keeping the excitement going over drainage blueprints, concept art, droid toys, special breakfasts, and so on.

Star Wars fans are completely unique in terms of their zany commitment to the franchise and their utter, complete happiness with practically anything new or promised. Lucky for Disney they're like that ...

I think that the devotion of opera fans to Wagner's Ring Cycle and the pilgrimage to Bayreuth are a near analogy. The secret sauce is to have a story arc ... however flimsy. Keep that in mind the next time you see a superhero franchise rebooted with a new actor-of-the-month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter