DHS Rope Drop-How Has TSMM Changed It?

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
I would estimate that before Toy Story Midway Mania opened,at Rope Drop,80% of Park Guests headed down Sunset Blvd. with 20% of Guests continuing up Hollywood Blvd.I have not been since TSMM opened and am curious how that distribution has changed at Rope Drop.:)

The day we went Toy Story Mania had a delayed opening so it really screwed up our plan to hit during EMHam, instead we headed to the RNR and TOT.

I would estimate that before Toy Story Midway Mania opened,at Rope Drop,80% of Park Guests headed down Sunset Blvd. with 20% of Guests continuing up Hollywood Blvd.I have not been since TSMM opened and am curious how that distribution has changed at Rope Drop.:)

From all reports, TSMM is now THE attraction to head-for at Rope Drop.

DHS-Gates2TSMM-BE_062108.jpg

we were close to the front of the crowd at rope drop. i have noticed that wait times for tower of terror and RNR are super long and TOT usually slows down after the rush, but since more kids want to go to toy story mania, that's pretty bad. we made our way up there fast at rope drop and walked on basically. when we got out to get a fastpass, it was already for 1:00.
we also got there after opening once and waited about 45 minutes.
but let me tell you...it's worth it!! one of my new favorite rides. up there with tower of terror and space mountain.

TSMM has really changed rope drop! It's a mad house heading toward the Pixar area now. My DH stopped to grab FPs while the rest of us waited near the ride's entrance for him. He got stuck behind someone who kept feeding tickets into the machine & couldn't understand why she was getting invalid FPs. Turns out she was trying to get 3 and 4 FPs per ticket! By the time he got out of the FP line, we had a 40 minute wait!

General consensus is either go at rope drop to get an FP which most likely will have a return time of at least 11am, OR, get in line to ride immediately. Otherwise- the lines hit 100-110 minutes and stay that way for the entire day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter