DHS PM EMH in November?

Avonlady1001

DIS Veteran
We're going down mid November, week between Vets day & Thanksgiving. Planning on going to DHS our first night during EMH....we've never done PM EMH there. Will we get things done? The plan is to see the Osbourne Lights at 6 (hoping most people will be on line for Fantasmic which is at 6:30), have dinner at 7, then try to do TSM, ToT, & RNRC & avoid rope drop & the mad dash this year...is this possible or am I kidding myself? Also want to hit up the Disney Junior dance party I just learned about!! :)

We've never gone in November (we're used to the FD September crowds...).

TIA! :lovestruc

If I read your dates correctly you will being doing DHS on either the 13th or 21st and extra magic hours begin at 8pm, correct? If so, I think your plan is very do-able. It shouldn't take a full hour to do Osborne Festival of Lights (you have more than enough time there) so you might want to move up your dinner reservation so you can get going on your other attractions right at 8pm. You should be able to hit all three plus the Dance party. It seems reasonable to me.

That's right! :) We'll be there the 13-20 & are planning on EMH the 13th. How long do you the lights usually take? I was worried it'd be so jammed it might take us an hour to make it over to the restaurant (either Sci-Fi or 50's PT).

I was reading another thread about this &, though only a few responded, they all pretty much said EMH at HS was a waste of time. Super long lines on everything...but they don't specify time of year. I'm glad someone thinks it's do-able. :thumbsup2 Thanks for responding!

Having only ever been in the parks in November; your plan sounds good to me. The only thing I might say is that the Osborne lights are really something and its very easy to kill a large amount of time just admiring the lights and taking in the atmosphere.

We're going down mid November, week between Vets day & Thanksgiving. Planning on going to DHS our first night during EMH....we've never done PM EMH there. Will we get things done? The plan is to see the Osbourne Lights at 6 (hoping most people will be on line for Fantasmic which is at 6:30), have dinner at 7, then try to do TSM, ToT, & RNRC & avoid rope drop & the mad dash this year...is this possible or am I kidding myself? Also want to hit up the Disney Junior dance party I just learned about!! :)

We've never gone in November (we're used to the FD September crowds...).

TIA! :lovestruc

We went in November the week of Vets Day and toured HS exactly as you are, the only difference, our EMH were not on a Fantasmic day. We arrived at HS around 6:00, looked at the lights, they are amazing, you may spend more time than you realize looking at them. ToT and RnRC were walk ons starting at 7:30-8:00. I'm not sure if the Dance party will be playing, you may need to check on that. We rode the Great Movie Ride as well. At about 10:00 we went to TSM, my son rode it 3 times in less than 45 minutes. I did not want to fight the RD crowds for TSM.

Your week should be a great week to go, we are actually considering going that week as well.

My family will be there the same week as well. I thought about going to HS on Nov. 13 for EMH, but I think it will be too crowded since Fantastmic is showing as well. I was going to go just so we could see the Osborne Lights and do a few rides. The dates for the Osborne Lights haven't been released for 2011 yet and they might not even be up until after Thanksgiving this year. So I think we'll skip the emh as HS and go on Monday instead. I've read that going to a park the day after they have emh is a good idea.

FYI: The Disney Vacation Countdown doodad has the lights listed as starting on the day after Thanksgiving. Officially the dates haven't been announced yet and the park hours change that tends to accompany the start of the lights happens on 11/10, so it is still anyone's guess whether they'll be lit before Thanksgiving this year.

We're planning on doing the Studios evening EMH the week before you, so I'm interested in the responses you get. Getting to rope drop with DH & DS is like pulling teeth so we're trying something new this time to get to TSM, and my girls want to check out the dance party.

Unless you have an ADR, I think I would try TSM BEFORE dinner as Fantasmic will still be showing. You never know, you may get two rides, one before eating and one after during EMH.

Biggest bug in the plan is that the F! crowd will empty into the park after the show.
7,000-8,500 additional guests, a large percentage being potential riders of the big 4 attractions (ToT, RnRC, Star Tours, TSM) all at once.
Although many of that group will be heading to the O-Lights, at least for awhile.

A PM EMH that begins earlier than, say, 11pm means that far more guests will decide to stay until the EMH ends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter