DHS & MK VPs Switch Parks

txvjc

DIS Veteran
According to the Orlando Sentinel MK VP Phil Holmes and DHS VP Dan Cockerell are switching places. I think this is an interesting switch for a few reasons.

I think it shows that they are really grooming Dan to move higher in the park food chain as this will be his third park to over see having been at Epcot before DHS (and I thought he has done a good job at both, not withstanding all the DHS closures but those came from on high and not as much to do with him but his influence on the expansion of F&W while at Epcot and SWW at DHS were good additions).

I haven't met Phil but I hear most CMs love him and respect his management style. On the surface some would think that being moved from MK to DHS as a demotion BUT we all know that huge changes are coming to DHS and it makes sense that they would want a VP who has experience of having 1/2 the park behind construction walls for 5+ years like the MK has been during the Fantasyland construction. Plus he has been at MK at 2001 so he may have been ready for a change.

Thoughts?

Yeah, MK can basically be put on cruise control for awhile, at least until the build up of the 50th Anniversary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter