DHS & Epcot Bag check tip

SantaClaus

Earning My Ears
Prob already submitted, but I noticed at both DHS and Epcot that there was a security guard standing around with no-one going thru their checkpoint.

At DHS, walk to front gate (or exit back of tram) & go along narrow sidewalk between bus area and the park. A family who parked next to us who took usual route thru bag check were a good 10 minutes after us thru security (I had to wait while DD5 went to washroom with tummy trouble and saw them walk by).

At Epcot, everyone crossed street in front of tram and turned right to go thru security. We turned left. It was a few more steps, but there was no-one else at the bag check! Just us and the security guard (and a few people who followed us).

Hope someone else finds these tips useful! Great way to avoid AND beat the crowds into the park in the morning!

Ditto. I don't quite understand where to go. We'll be getting off the bus as well. Maybe Robo will come along with his maps... :)

Prob already submitted, but I noticed at both DHS and Epcot that there was a security guard standing around with no-one going thru their checkpoint.

At DHS, walk to front gate (or exit back of tram) & go along narrow sidewalk between bus area and the park. A family who parked next to us who took usual route thru bag check were a good 10 minutes after us thru security (I had to wait while DD5 went to washroom with tummy trouble and saw them walk by).

At Epcot, everyone crossed street in front of tram and turned right to go thru security. We turned left. It was a few more steps, but there was no-one else at the bag check! Just us and the security guard (and a few people who followed us).

Hope someone else finds these tips useful! Great way to avoid AND beat the crowds into the park in the morning!

We were there a couple of weeks ago. On our 1st Epcot day we went to the left and went right through when there were long lines on the right. On the 2nd day though there was a huge line on the left, and only the one guard there, so then we went to the right which did go pretty quickly.

We did go through that side guard in DHS since we walked after parking the car. There was no one there, we went right through and the lines at the front were a mile long it seemed. Same thing though, there is only one guard, so if a crowd does come through it will take a while.

Schmeck said:
http://binged.it/YuNmVf

Where exactly is this special security area at DHS in the above photo?

If you look at the 1st of the last 4 resort bus stops and go right on the picture there is a small cover the bag search is there we went there most days.

In Epcot if you are getting off the bus there was a bag search security man near guest relations always alone you had to go through the gate that used to be exit only though.

If you look at the last 4 bus stops and go right on the picture there is a small cover the bag search is there we went there most days.

Which bus stops are you calling the "last 4"? The ones across from the tram loop, or the ones over on the far right, or are you talking about the little roof jutting out from the back, left side of the guest services building? That would be in the middle of the bus stops?

Schmeck said:
Which bus stops are you calling the "last 4"? The ones across from the tram loop, or the ones over on the far right, or are you talking about the little roof jutting out from the back, left side of the guest services building? That would be in the middle of the bus stops?

f61d55cff1aa40af54e23a72681ace3a_zps06c7e2d4.jpg

Schmeck said:
OK - that's what I thought, but your directions weren't clear, as that's not the end of the bus stops? Thanks for the clarification! :)

That's the last 4 bus stops that the resort buses pull up too

This the area where we were going through bag search at Epcot.

b584ef09a4aa7fca0fb2b8d178769b1a_zps800a89cd.jpg

I totally see the DHS one now. Thanks so much. Strange question though for you. If you are coming from the buses, is there an actual walkway to get to that bagcheck, instead of walking through the grass. I have a rule following 6 year old and I know he will be Mommy you can't go that way.

claryche said:
I totally see the DHS one now. Thanks so much. Strange question though for you. If you are coming from the buses, is there an actual walkway to get to that bagcheck, instead of walking through the grass. I have a rule following 6 year old and I know he will be Mommy you can't go that way.

Looks like a crosswalk just beyond the bus stop furthest from the entrance. That might work.

We too use those bag checks for the sheer lack of people! In most cases, we're the only ones in line. :thumbsup2 My grandma likes to stop for a cup of coffee at the stand right beyond the "unknown" Epcot bag check then sit and enjoy it before our day begins, and in those 15-20 minutes, we're surprised if we see 2 other parties entering from there.

I hope that too many people don't catch on to these "tips"!

Yeah there is a crossing just after all the bus stops.

Thanks for the info on the crosswalk. And to the OP, thanks for sharing. This will be our 8th trip in 7 years and I have never seen them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter