DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

My eyes are bad or they have a different definition of vertical then me. I see the foundation for what I would assume is the LGM ride and some wall forms in the upper left corner, but not much permanent rising up. Looking at the concept art for Toy Story land I expected Disney limited the need for new utility lines, which would help cut down on the construction time.

My eyes are bad or they have a different definition of vertical then me. I see the foundation for what I would assume is the LGM ride and some wall forms in the upper left corner, but not much permanent rising up. Looking at the concept art for Toy Story land I expected Disney limited the need for new utility lines, which would help cut down on the construction time.
I would believe the foundations and wall forms are what they considers vertical.

I would believe the foundations and wall forms are what they considers vertical.

In the construction world, to the best of my knowledge, foundations are not considered vertical. Wall forms, if they're attached to the foundation are considered vertical, only if they're actually vertical and not laying in a horizontal fassion.

In the construction world, to the best of my knowledge, foundations are not considered vertical. Wall forms, if they're attached to the foundation are considered vertical, only if they're actually vertical and not laying in a horizontal fassion.
Makes sense, the wall forms are attached to foundations so I imagine that is what people are considering vertical?

Two additional notices of commencement for exterior demo backstage at DHS. Both to be done by Hoar Construction:
This is more than likely for the last section of SOA near the writers stop, the "fronts" there were essentially the wall between on stage and back stage. There is also a handful of merchandise backtock sheds built under them and a cast break area for abc/sci-fi.

This is more than likely for the last section of SOA near the writers stop, the "fronts" there were essentially the wall between on stage and back stage. There is also a handful of merchandise backtock sheds built under them and a cast break area for abc/sci-fi.

365 is the Buzz and Woody M&G across from TSMM, and 555 is the Muppets 3D building. The permit is actually for "Exterior Demo and Modification". I have been hearing that there would be some changes to the Muppets building, but I am not sure what they are doing with the M&G. The last section of SOA is not being taken down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter