DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

These are indeed awesome photos. and although "new" to us, I wanted to point out these were taken in mid-September, so the images actually represent the progress about 6 weeks ago.

Despite what Orlando Parks News article said, I think these were take much later then that based on the state of the town hall building in that picture. Pictures of that building from 10/20 still show part of the roof and side walls on it.

Here is what appears to be the start of one of the show buildings for Star Wars land. The shape matches up with the work at Disneyland.

View attachment 203998

If they are placing foundations, how long should it be before Star Wars land at DHS is considered Vertical? Also I think it's strange that they're not wanting to open these two as close as possible on the east and west coast. Aren't we talking about the DL version opening approximately six months before the WDW version? Just seems strange to me.

If they are placing foundations, how long should it be before Star Wars land at DHS is considered Vertical? Also I think it's strange that they're not wanting to open these two as close as possible on the east and west coast. Aren't we talking about the DL version opening approximately six months before the WDW version? Just seems strange to me.
I think we are still a but away yet. They aren't really putting in foundations yet just excavating for those foundations. Disneyland is still ahead. maybe not 6 months ahead but still ahead.

Any rumors if there will be a Star Wars themed tunnel connecting Star Tours and Star Wars Land, bypassing Muppets Courtyard?

Any rumors if there will be a Star Wars themed tunnel connecting Star Tours and Star Wars Land, bypassing Muppets Courtyard?
It won't really be a tunnel but there will be a corridor of sorts that leads you to Star Wars. It won't necessarily be Star Wars themed either.

It won't really be a tunnel but there will be a corridor of sorts that leads you to Star Wars. It won't necessarily be Star Wars themed either.

Why wouldn't it be star wars themed? That seems dumb........and cheap.

Why wouldn't it be star wars themed? That seems dumb........and cheap.
Well they are leaving the one facade up and not changing it much according to Martin. I would imagine as you walk closer the colors/theming would become more star wars like but the corridor itself won't be all star wars.

Well they are leaving the one facade up and not changing it much according to Martin. I would imagine as you walk closer the colors/theming would become more star wars like but the corridor itself won't be all star wars.

I guess that makes sense to gradually fade into Star Wars and then back out so that it makes a nice transition.

Isn't it true though, that we should expect a Star Tours re-theme after SWLand opens? The original question was about how they were going to connect ST with SWLand, but I don't think ST will remain in its current form after the new land opens. Right?

Isn't it true though, that we should expect a Star Tours re-theme after SWLand opens? The original question was about how they were going to connect ST with SWLand, but I don't think ST will remain in its current form after the new land opens. Right?
That's still 3 years away so who knows if the star tours retheme will happen yet. I would imagine yes but it's too early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter