DH2B Gift/Surprise Ideas for Wedd

2BWEDDNDIS

Disney Bride
My DH2B has been so wonderful with all my craziness (plus much more to come), and so great about having the wedd at disney. When we go down for our wedding instead of actually getting him a gift I would like to DO something special for him, something sweet. Anyone have any ideas that would make a good surprise for a guy? lots more time to plan just wanted to start getting some ideas, thanks!!

I have a suggestion for a couples gift, what about a amssage for two? DH arraigned for a trip to a spa for my birthday (while in Hawaii) and turned around and made it a couples massage as I thought that he deserved one too. It was a wonderful expereice!

Other ideas:
Does he like to fish? There's private fishing excursions?

Well I have told my fiance that we will be in florida from april 20th to may 1st. But actually, our flight will be departing on may 2nd. My plan is for us to be leaving in the taxi on the way to the "airport" and im sure he will be all sad that the fun is ending, but actually I will be having the taxi take us to the Hard Rock Hotel by Universal studios. We went there once for our anniversary and he talks about it all the time, and LOVES islands of adventure (he's a huge comic book fan). He won't know which direction the taxi is driving in anyway, and I'm hoping we will pull up to the hotel and I will be like SURPRISE we get to have fun for one more day!

I'm hoping this works out, I know he has the whole week off from work so I'm not worried about that. I hope I can manage to keep it all a secret! Luckily I'm the one who always holds all the official documents, airplane tickets, etc, in my purse... He usually just asks me what is next on my itinerary lol. So anyway, that will be my gift to him if I can swing it! I hope he doesn't start to read this board
:teeth:

Mary626 said:
Well I have told my fiance that we will be in florida from april 20th to may 1st. But actually, our flight will be departing on may 2nd. My plan is for us to be leaving in the taxi on the way to the "airport" and im sure he will be all sad that the fun is ending, but actually I will be having the taxi take us to the Hard Rock Hotel by Universal studios. We went there once for our anniversary and he talks about it all the time, and LOVES islands of adventure (he's a huge comic book fan). He won't know which direction the taxi is driving in anyway, and I'm hoping we will pull up to the hotel and I will be like SURPRISE we get to have fun for one more day!

I'm hoping this works out, I know he has the whole week off from work so I'm not worried about that. I hope I can manage to keep it all a secret! Luckily I'm the one who always holds all the official documents, airplane tickets, etc, in my purse... He usually just asks me what is next on my itinerary lol. So anyway, that will be my gift to him if I can swing it! I hope he doesn't start to read this board

Wow! Fantastic surprise - let us know how he reacts - be strong you can pull it off :goodvibes

It's a race car driving experience. There is the Ride-Along program, where you ride along with a professional instructor for three laps and it's about 110.00. Rookie Experience gives you instruction and then you get to ride around the track for eight laps for 405.00. King Experience-class instructions and then a 8 lap session and 10 lap session for 800.00. Last there's the Experience of a Lifetime-three 10 lap sessions for about 1330.00. To get more info and first hand reports go to:
http://allearsnet.com/btp/petty.htm
This is where I got the info :)

rosiejo said:
Wow! Fantastic surprise - let us know how he reacts - be strong you can pull it off :goodvibes

Thanks! :earsgirl: I can't wait to surprise him with it! Just one of the many things I'm looking forward to.. Is it april yet?? :bounce:

Hmmm, interesting problem. Richard Petty Experience is supposed to be fantastic. I love the kidnapping idea for a day at US, but my DW wouldn't be able to pull that off with me; I always double check flight info.....

A couple of more ideas, Please don't take this the wrong way, but since he is a male "Sexual Favors" are always nice :teeth: ... It will be your wedding, so...

OK, How about the Chefs Table at Victoria and Albert's?

If you want something a little more of a suprize, try them at www.giftsofalifetime.com. That is their specialty...They do a great job.

Personally, if you could arrange the kidnap thing, I would try a 4 day Disney Cruise...

Mary626 said:
We went there once for our anniversary and he talks about it all the time, and LOVES islands of adventure (he's a huge comic book fan).

OK Mary, I could just kiss you! :sunny: :banana: :earboy2: This is exactly the kind of idea I was looking for! DH2B is also a huge comic book fan, and doesn't have any clue about about our trip. I have a free day on Thursday of our trip. (Going to the Christmas party that night.) Do you think 5 hours would be long enough at universal to see at least see some of IOA? He would love it, and of course I would keep it as a surprise also. I'll have to find a Universal board like this....

LittleBlackRaincloud said:
OK Mary, I could just kiss you! :sunny: :banana: :earboy2: This is exactly the kind of idea I was looking for! DH2B is also a huge comic book fan, and doesn't have any clue about about our trip. I have a free day on Thursday of our trip. (Going to the Christmas party that night.) Do you think 5 hours would be long enough at universal to see at least see some of IOA? He would love it, and of course I would keep it as a surprise also. I'll have to find a Universal board like this....

Glad I could help! :cool1: If you mean you will be at universal for 5 hours, that should be enough time to at least see the Superhero island part of islands of adventure and most of the other areas, maybe the whole park depending on crowd levels etc. When I went it was early december, and it was raining like cats and dogs, so we pretty much had the whole park to ourselves. I remember we stopped to watch this one street entertainment thing,, and so did one other couple, and the preformer said something like "hey look, everyone in the park is watching me", which was pretty much true LOL. Of course our soggy sloshy shoes and jeans slowed us down a bit, but we did almost everything in a half a day. I think your fiance will absolutely LOVE the spiderman ride and most everything in that area. We spend like 4 hours in the superhero island (mostly shopping and milling around) before I could convince my boyfriend to move into the other parts of the park. When we finished the circle, we went right back into superhero island and sstayed there for a while again LOL.

Feel free to PM me or anything if you have more questions!

Thanks Mary for the info! I might be PMng you with questions as I think of them. Right now my major concern with the plan is this...he hates to go upside down, and I hate coasters period. However, I will LOVE just visiting, the atmosphere, and think I will try spiderman (it's not that bad is it...for a chicken like me I mean!) among other rides. I will have to research it some. I would love to see Shrek also, and was thinking about trying to go over to US also and do a couple of things...just do the super heros at IOA. I really don't know what I'm in for though, and don't want to over plan. So, my questions for you are: What coasters have inversions which would prevent DH2B from riding them? Does dueling dragons go upside down? He loves speed and all that...just hates upside downness (Is that a word?!?!) Any tips you can offer would be appreciated! Thanks again!

Edited to add: I CAN devote the whole day Friday (Our last day) to this, but would prefer not to...what do you think? Doing this would compromise MGM time some, and cut AK out of the schedule completely! Is it worth a whole day for us in your opinion?

Thanks Mary for the info! I might be PMng you with questions as I think of them. Right now my major concern with the plan is this...he hates to go upside down, and I hate coasters period. However, I will LOVE just visiting, the atmosphere, and think I will try spiderman (it's not that bad is it...for a chicken like me I mean!) among other rides. I will have to research it some. I would love to see Shrek also, and was thinking about trying to go over to US also and do a couple of things...just do the super heros at IOA. I really don't know what I'm in for though, and don't want to over plan. So, my questions for you are: What coasters have inversions which would prevent DH2B from riding them? Does dueling dragons go upside down? He loves speed and all that...just hates upside downness (Is that a word?!?!) Any tips you can offer would be appreciated! Thanks again!

Edited to add: I CAN devote the whole day Friday (Our last day) to this, but would prefer not to...what do you think? Doing this would compromise MGM time some, and cut AK out of the schedule completely! Is it worth a whole day for us in your opinion?

You'll definitely LOVE the spiderman ride, it isn't a rollercoaster, it is really hard to explain, and I don't want to give any surprises away, so just trust me, it doesn't go upside down and you will love it! :D My fiance actually hates roller coasters and is afraid of heights, so don't worry you will still have fun!! I can't recall offhand which rides went upside down or not, it has been a few years. I think the Incredible Hulk ride and the Dueling dragons, but I would definitely ask on the Universal forum!

I think a half a day is plenty of time!! Remember to factor in travel time, I think I've read somewhere that is about 25 minutes from WDW to US, but I would double check that too! You can do everything in Islands of Adventures in a day - and you can definitely hit all the highlights in a half a day. It is MUCH smaller then any of the WDW parks! We did the whole trip on a weekend,, and we live in LA.. we took a 5.5 hour flight in on friday night.. slept.. woke up early saturday morning, did islands of adventure all day and a little bit of US, flew home sunday morning. I don't think we missed anything! But like I said, there were no lines anywhere. And it'll be enough to get a taste for it - and if he loves it you guys can always come back one day ;)

For the Universal Studios side - we didn't do too much there, just the Men in Black ride (think buzz lightyear space ranger spin..), Twister (if you have time for that, it is really cool,, but only if you get a good standing location.. any place off to the side just totally ruins the experience..), Jaws, king kong, and back to the future. Other then Twister, there wasn't anything there that we couldn't do at the Universal Studios here in california, so we spent all our time at Islands of Adventures. I can try to upload some of my pictures if you like?

Pictures would be great! I went ahead and cleared Friday off for it...if we get back early, then we'll do something fun at Disney afterward! I'm glad to know that there was enough to keep your interest without riding the coasters. Thanks for your help!

Spiderman is a really cool "thrill ride" it is done in 3-d. The basic plot (without giving too much away;)) is that you are in a news truck and you spot Spiderman. You are suddenly plopped into one of his adventures. The ride is really cool, Occasionally the audio track and video tracks skip and you can get really sick. Best new ride there.

Deuelling Dragons is a great coaster (or two coasters), and Bluto's Bilge Barge is much better than Kahli at AK.

If you want to do something else... stay the night on US property. Your room key becomes a fast-pass (US Equivalent)
Oh, Cat-in-the-hat in the kiddie section....good as tea-cups!!!

:jumping2:

Pictures would be great! I went ahead and cleared Friday off for it...if we get back early, then we'll do something fun at Disney afterward! I'm glad to know that there was enough to keep your interest without riding the coasters. Thanks for your help!

I uploaded some of my pics from my trip in 2001, when I went with a friend of mine..(the pics from that trip were much clearer then the ones of me and my fiance, those pics were all blurry from the torrential rain).. Anyway, here's the link

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mba573/album?.dir=/91bc&.src=ph

Thanks for the pics! It does look like a bunch of fun. I'm getting excited about it now! :banana: How do I keep this a secret though?!? It's going to be hard. I emailed Gifts of a lifetime to see if they have any ideas to go along with this. I was hoping they might have a neat way of surprising him, and giving him the tickets. The only problem with that is that I think you can only get the 1day/2park tickets at the gate. I'll have to think about how I'm going to do it. I know that I'm going to tell him that we are doing Animal Kingdom that day, and then I'm going to insist on driving. Hee Hee...he'll be so surprised, and I hope excited once we get there! Thanks again!

Thanks for the pics! It does look like a bunch of fun. I'm getting excited about it now! :banana: How do I keep this a secret though?!? It's going to be hard. I emailed Gifts of a lifetime to see if they have any ideas to go along with this. I was hoping they might have a neat way of surprising him, and giving him the tickets. The only problem with that is that I think you can only get the 1day/2park tickets at the gate. I'll have to think about how I'm going to do it. I know that I'm going to tell him that we are doing Animal Kingdom that day, and then I'm going to insist on driving. Hee Hee...he'll be so surprised, and I hope excited once we get there! Thanks again!

Awesome idea, especially if he's never been to the animal kingdom before and won't know if it's far away or not! Goodluck and let us know how it works out!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter