• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DH is home from Iraq (for a little bit)! Time to Celebrate at Disney! *ON OUR WAY!*

So I've been trying to figure out what to put in DH's 'Valentine's Day/Get Ready for Disney' care package....It's starting to warm up again over there so no chocolate, and I need to get it in the mail soon since I'll be spending the month of February at home in Michigan, I want to get it out in the mail soon!

Well today, I thought I'd give something a whirl and see how it turned out...AND......

IMG_1979.jpg

WAHOO!!! THEY TURNED OUT!!! :yay: DH is soooo spoiled! :upsidedow
I'm so impressed. How did you make them? Did you use a cooie cutter?

Oh my gosh, those turned out so well!! They're just as cute as the ones in the parks.:goodvibes Care to share your recipe?:rolleyes1

I love those!!! And, if I may ask also, how did you do those? I have a soldier who is over there right now and I would love to send him some of these!!

They were so easy to make!

I just used the recipe on the box, but used a little extra butter and marshmallows!

4 1/2 T Butter
12 oz (about 50 large) marshmallows
6 C rice krispies

Melt the butter in a large pan over low heat.
Add the marshmallows and stir frequently until completely melted.
Remove from heat and stir in rice krispies gently until well mixed.

That's it! :)

I have a Mickey cookies cutter that my mom picked up on our August trip so I just sprayed it with Crisco and filled it by hand on wax paper. I found that the better packed the cookie cutter was before I removed it the better each one held its shape. If you're going to use sprinkes, sprinkel them on before they cool off or they won't stick as well!

I was shocked at how well they came together! It was super easy! I was able to get nine out of one recipe so it left one for me to eat! :)

I think that's it, and I was so happy with how they turned out!:goodvibes

Those are sooooo stinkin' cute!! :thumbsup2 I think we'll have to make some leading up to our trip. Thanks for posting the idea! :goodvibes

Hello Everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days! Any of you that know the military, know what a Family Readiness Group, well you're looking at the new FRG leader! Eek! :crazy2: No, I really am glad to be taking it on, but it is a LOT of work! I've been scrambling to get everything situated before heading to Michigan for the month of February. My dad flies in tomorrow to drive home with Violet and me. I am SO excited to see everyone at home for awhile! It definitely is going to make the time fly by until DH gets home in April.

I also have to thank Wendy for the awesome goodies for DH! Se sent maps, napkins, coasters, and buttons to put in DH's care pacakge. I took photos, but don't have them uploaded yet. I'll put them up soon!

I've also decided to scratch the 60 day countdown in daily envelopes. I am going to send him a fact a day via email rather than in envelopes. I think he will be more apt to remember to read them in an email versus in envelopes!

Well it's time to finish packing! I'll load up photos of the care package soon! Thanks for sticking with me! :)

I'm so excited for you all! And, I knwo what the FRG is from Army Wives ;) I love that show! And I adopt soldiers who are serving overseas so I know a little bit from them too!

I am so excited that you trip is coming up and to see this package when you get it together. He is going to be so excited!

I honestly feel for you !! I've been an FRG leader twice and am now a co leader for our battalion FRG. If you need any help or advice please FEEL FREE to PM me if needed, I know how hard it can be. If you need a venting post I'm here for that, too !!

I hope you and Violet have a safe trip home and back. Oh and my girls and I made Mickey head treats this weekend ;)

Dad, Violet, and I made it safely to Michigan Friday night after 15 hours in the car. Violet was a trooper! She slept the entire drive and didn't fuss at all...not even once!

I promise I haven't forgotten about loading some photos! It's just been a whirlwind the past week between getting ready to come home, the drive, and finally getting up here!

I was wondering, have any of you ordered a cake at WDW? I'd really like to get one for DH and have it delivered to our room. I've read the Cake Thread so I get the gist of things, but just wondered if any of you had personal experience with it!

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! :goodvibes

Sorry it took me a little while to get these posted!

Here are the goodies from Wendy:

MeghanCamera1-09340.jpg

DH thought these were great! Thanks again, Wendy! :goodvibes

The finished product (I combined WDW and V-day):
MeghanCamera1-09344.jpg

Had to include the LGMH for good measure! :) It's not a over the top as some of my other care packages, but I don't think it's too bad!

And for a good laugh....A photo of Vi on the loooooong ride to Michigan! Clearly she was unphased at being in the car for 15 hours...:rotfl:
MeghanCamera1-09361.jpg

I still can't believe our trip is less than 70 days away. I never thought we'd get to this point! Part of me can't wait, and the other part of me definitely can. I know once DH gets home the time is just going to fly by before he leaves again!

OMG that picture of Violet is the funniest thing I've ever seen. How long did she ride like that?

The picture of your dog is too cute. She must like road trips or just be used to them. Just enjoy the most of your time with your husband while he is home! You will have a blast!

Awww Violet is so darn cute!:goodvibes And love the care package, what a great idea. DISers are the best!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter