DH hates dressing up! Typical attire for guys.

mamaof2

Mouseketeer
Help! My DH hates ties. We are going on the 3 nt wonder.
What is the typical attire for men? Are slacks and polos ok? Does it have to be white shirt and tie for L rest.? NKS :flower1:
THANKS

Welcome to the DIS and the DCL forums. I've moved this to the main cruise board where you'll get more replies.

On the 3 and 4 night cruises and on everything but formal nights on the 7 day your DH will be fine in dockers and polo shirts. That's what my DH wears and he's always fit in. If you are doing Palo I would tell him to pack a nice white shirt and tie.

My DH is the same, he figures he has to wear a tie everyday for work, he is NOT going to wear one for vacation! Khaki's and polos are fine. He even wore a button down long sleeve shirt, no tie for Palo and he fit in fine. :thumbsup2

I too was a little worried, because my DH did not want to wear a tie....so he didn't, not once. Not formal night, or palo.....and he was fine!!!!

There were so few people totally dressed up, he fit right in. There were even people in t-shirts and shorts....

Most people were nice casual, even formal night.

I wish I hadn't worried about this...and I totally wish I hadn't bought the boys dress shoes...they wore once!!!

Have fun

Yes, I would also agree....Khaki's and polos are fine.... I just hate to dress up.
I wore a nice shirt with a tie at Palo...I did see guys in there with jeans and a nice polo and they also looked fine....

I was worried on how to convince the man to get out of scrubs and get into a suit, never the less to use a tie. hewwww....down 1, 2 more to go..How to convince my jean wearing, shorts loving, daughters to get out of sandals and sneaker-and put on a nice dress. : :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Same here. I detest wearing ties, but I did bring a suit and tie since my DW went to a lot of trouble to book the trip and I was afraid it would be a problem if I showed up at dinner looking like a bum.

I shouldn't have worried about it. I saw guys in golf shirts and khakis every night - including formal night -- and no one gasped in horror at them. In fact, I walked by the windows at Palo's (it's easy to see inside) and saw lots of guys wearing neither ties nor jackets.

By the way, packing a suit and tie substantially increases my luggage -- which is not a good thing.

-Jeff

You see why I love this board... :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
I have avoided putting my dh through the extra misery of packages...not that I am in the clear to begin with. Every little bit helps... :rotfl2:

Slacks and polos are fine for dinner, in fact jeans and a nice shirt are fine for dinner. Shorts/tee great for breakfast and lunch.

If you are planning to eat in Palo for dinner your hubby would need dress pants and a collared dress shirt for dinner. No tie or jacket is required.

Actually..no tie or jacket is required at any time on the 3 night.

Go, relax and enjoy your cruise. Disney has the new relaxed dining dress codes, they just haven't updated their documents to say so yet. It is excellent, no more over packing.

Mamaof2, really, don't stress about this. Let you DD's relax and wear jeans and sneakers or sandals. The three day cruise is really casual. I dress very casually on the seven day and often wear jeans. I really don't like to dress up. But even worse...I absolutely hate packing dress clothes just to wear for a few hours. Packing light and dressing casual makes the trip so much more relaxing for me.

webray said:
Slacks and polos are fine for dinner, in fact jeans and a nice shirt are fine for dinner. Shorts/tee great for breakfast and lunch.

If you are planning to eat in Palo for dinner your hubby would need dress pants and a collared dress shirt for dinner. No tie or jacket is required.

Actually..no tie or jacket is required at any time on the 3 night.

Go, relax and enjoy your cruise. Disney has the new relaxed dining dress codes, they just haven't updated their documents to say so yet. It is excellent, no more over packing.
:cool1: :cool1:
NO MORE OVER PACKING--is music to my ears..... Thank you!!! DH would be relieved to read this..

ragdoll said:
Mamaof2, really, don't stress about this. Let you DD's relax and wear jeans and sneakers or sandals. The three day cruise is really casual. I dress very casually on the seven day and often wear jeans. I really don't like to dress up. But even worse...I absolutely hate packing dress clothes just to wear for a few hours. Packing light and dressing casual makes the trip so much more relaxing for me.
I think that I will take all the advise I can take. I just hate sticking out of the norm. However, I will now just lets my girls wear their skorts and sandals-that's meeting them 1/2 way-and let DH wear his polos and slacks.
Again, thank you. :smickey:

Yep, the Wonder is a lot more casual from what I've read here. My DH brought a suit though for formal nights on the Magic, but just one pair of khakis for the other nights and usually a polo shirt. Click on the pics below for what we wore. The dresses I wore, I got at after Christmas sales for under $20!! El Cheapo here!!

OK...

I'm going to be the odd ball replying.... as I pack TWO tuxes and a pirate costume for every member of our family. My tuxes are the formal black and the proper white dinner tux with the lapel in the same fabric as the body. AND I freely admit that fewer DCL patrons dress for formal and semi-formal nite compared to some other cruise lines... but we do so in part because my daughter badgers me to dress up for the dinners. It' not so bad and once you start up it sort of makes for really nice photo memories. And as for the pirate costumes ... pirate: we just go over the top with fun stuff like that. The girls have matching pirate costumes and mine is a converted deluxe Disney Jafar outfit minus the cobra staff and arabian hat ... and with pirate accessories it has a really over the top finished look to it. :thumbsup2

captaincrash, I'll help you and be an odd ball here too. I did the tux for formal night and we dressed up for pirate night. Glad we did since the other 3 couples at our table did likewise. We had a lot of fun with it.
Though I feel one should dress for the occasion, it is your vacation, so dress how you like. Within reason. :)

Tarabra said:
Yep, the Wonder is a lot more casual from what I've read here. My DH brought a suit though for formal nights on the Magic, but just one pair of khakis for the other nights and usually a polo shirt. Click on the pics below for what we wore. The dresses I wore, I got at after Christmas sales for under $20!! El Cheapo here!!

the beautiful pix. There is nothing wrong for buying sales...I am a pro :thumbsup2
I just bought DD's DKNY jeans for $10 at Macys' YAY...I love sales... :love:
Thanks for the info.

Thanks for sharing your fam. pix. I looks like you had a great vacation.
Also, thanks for the info. Just wish me the best with our 2nd fam. vacation.
I almost didn't survive our 1st fam. vacation. ;)

I thought I would pack for my ds 12 2 pair of khakis and 2 pair of jeans and he loves to wear nice button down shirts(leaves unbuttoned) with a white t-shirt underneath, and a few polo shirts. But for his feet I am not sure, :confused3 should I get docker type shoes, or can he wear a dressy sandal, that is pretty much enclosed, if you know what I mean?

the one thing I do know for sure, I am almost postive I will pack more that I need?!!
I always do........
Maybe some of my fellow disers can list what you brought for a 4 night cruise.. this being my first cruise I am coming to rely on these boards quite often for info. :surfweb:

my kids wore their dress shoes only on formal night, every other night they wore sandals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter