• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DH has Melanoma-please pray for him.

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Our heads are still reeling. We're headed to MD Anderson Cancer Center for the initial consultation on Thursday, Feb 13. The initial thoughts of the doctor here are that it might be stage 4, so surgery and lymph node biopsy at least. Because MD Anderson is 350 miles away, we're going up Wednesday nite to a hotel. Rant here-with 5 pages of hotels from the american cancer society, most had no availability, and those that did had extraordinarily high rates (like $200/night) C'mon-it's bad enough to have to deal with cancer but do you hotel owners have to make it worse by charging outrageous hotel rates? I spent almost 4 hours this morning before I found a decent price for one night in a hotel at the Medical Rate.

{{hugs}} to you and your family. I hope you get good news from the surgeon and oncologist. I had surgery for my breast cancer last year followed by radiation, but no lymph node biopsy. That was scary enough. Is there a specific reason your DH is going so far away for treatment?

You are both in my thoughts and prayers.. That is crazy about the $ of hotel rooms.:grouphug:

Praying for you! Remember, you're a Texas gal and Texas women are strong!
Be encouraged.
:)

Is there a specific reason your DH is going so far away for treatment?

Only because there's really nothing any closer. The area of Texas that we live in is sort of "at the end of the earth" in respect to health resources.

Only because there's really nothing any closer. The area of Texas that we live in is sort of "at the end of the earth" in respect to health resources.
Well, crap :badpc:. That makes things so much harder. {{hugs}}

Still in my thoughts Simba's Mom - both of you. :hug:

Thanks so much. He had the surgery a few days later, and got the good news on his birthday-the lymph nodes were clear! So all we have to do now is go back up for a surgical follow-up next week, then have check-ups every 4-6 months. For once, I'm glad the doctors around here were wrong, not stage 4.

That is fantastic news!!!!!!!! thank you so much for taking the time to update us... Hugs all around:goodvibes

Oh my gosh what a stress. I can't imagine what you guys are going thru. I pray things look better and the illness slows down. Much love :grouphug:

Thanks so much. He had the surgery a few days later, and got the good news on his birthday-the lymph nodes were clear! So all we have to do now is go back up for a surgical follow-up next week, then have check-ups every 4-6 months. For once, I'm glad the doctors around here were wrong, not stage 4.

Best news!! Thanks for the update.

Oh such great news, Simba's Mom. :thumbsup2 Very happy for both of you.

OP, so glad to find this thread and to offer congratulations from a fellow survivor. I too had Melanoma in 2001 with two surgeries and still go every 6 months for checkups. It is SO important to do that. Even though the doctors say once a year is enough, DW insists every 6 months so that has been our schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter