• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DFTW How do I make a complaint?

pollypineapple8

Mouseketeer
I got married 1 month ago at Disney Orlando and everything about it was a huge disappointment. Can anyone give me contact details where I can write a complaint.

Thanks

Start by reaching out to the consultant you worked with, and include as many facts as you can. Try not to make it too emotional, stick to the expectations you had and hat specifically didn't meet them. Good luck!

I got married 1 month ago at Disney Orlando and everything about it was a huge disappointment. Can anyone give me contact details where I can write a complaint.

Thanks

That is so sad to read--any tips or advice to avoid the disappointments you had?

My day was just 1 thing after another.

Firstly I did not get the full 1 hour photography I paid for. My Disney photographer left early. To make up for lost time I got my FIL to take us around the resort with my own camera. We were in the lobby of the Polynesian and were basically told to leave as another bride was arriving shortly and she would want "her moment" just like I had mine. Had I seen another bride coming I would have disappeared. Iam not that rude. Had I gotten my full photography package I would not have felt the need to take my own pics. Now I receive my email link to photos and there are 48 photos. FORTY EIGHT!!! Iam paying $500 for a CD of 48 photos! Iam furious!

There was an incident at 1900 park fare when we had dinner. My mum walked in human poo on the carpet in the restaurant. The staff cleared it away like it was nothing. But our appetite was ruined and we left.

The icing on the cake was that evening when we returned to our room and our in-room celebration never came. A week later and many emails and phone calls Disney finally send a gift to us on International drive, personalised towels, a bottle of bubbly non alco drink, a signed photo of mickey and minnie. And a lousy $50 refund! $50 dollars!!!

Unbelievable!

I suppose only the Wishes Brides get the red carpet treatment eh?

My day was just 1 thing after another.
Firstly I did not get the full 1 hour photography I paid for. My Disney photographer left early. To make up for lost time I got my FIL to take us around the resort with my own camera. We were in the lobby of the Polynesian and were basically told to leave as another bride was arriving shortly and she would want "her moment" just like I had mine. Had I seen another bride coming I would have disappeared. Iam not that rude. Had I gotten my full photography package I would not have felt the need to take my own pics. Now I receive my email link to photos and there are 48 photos. FORTY EIGHT!!! Iam paying $500 for a CD of 48 photos! Iam furious!
There was an incident at 1900 park fare when we had dinner. My mum walked in human poo on the carpet in the restaurant. The staff cleared it away like it was nothing. But our appetite was ruined and we left.
The icing on the cake was that evening when we returned to our room and our in-room celebration never came. A week later and many emails and phone calls Disney finally send a gift to us on International drive, personalised towels, a bottle of bubbly non alco drink, a signed photo of mickey and minnie. And a lousy $50 refund! $50 dollars!!!
Unbelievable!
I suppose only the Wishes Brides get the red carpet treatment eh?

I'm sorry you experienced all of these negative occurrences during your wedding trip!
But I can say as a 100% completely satisfied Escape bride, it's not only Wishes brides that get the full treatment. And I can also assure you, I have read a number of horror stories from Wishes brides.

As far as the photos go, I would start with DPS. Do you have a contact there you worked with at all? If not, call their main number, ask for a manager, work your way up, that is not right AT ALL. You should have received your full hour of photography and should be getting more than 48 photos!!!

Did you get the name of the CM that asked/told you to move at the Poly? That would help when loging a complaint, but that would not be through DFTW.
Same thing goes with the gross incident at 1900 Park Fare....it's not a DFTW issue. It's disgusting, but I'm not sure what else could have been done, maybe a comped meal? You would have had to have brought it up to the restaurant manager at the time I think.

The not getting your in-room celebration is also not good, and unacceptable. What is included in the in-room celebration besides what you received?

Unfortunately, since they sent you something, I think the $50 refund is for the late/missed delivery of those items, but not any of the misfortune or dissatisfaction from your wedding experience.

Let us know the outcome and what they tell you! :grouphug:

I was a memories bride and opted out of Disney photography was sort of bummed about that. I guess now I'm glad I opted out. Right after, I had wondered when the survey would be emailed, because I did want to say good things about the on site coordinator... And was surprised to not get any sort of email about the event...

I did a catered event (non DFTW) at Epcot and got an email survey the next day... And another from the manager the day after that! I'd think they'd want the feedback.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a die hard disney lover and am already depressed that I have no next vacation planned... But i wish I could have given some sort of feedback.

The incident at 1900 park fare was addressed to the manager by the man who had to lift it off the floor with a napkin. Her face was pure horror. But not once did she offer us an apology or explanation. We paid our bill and left.

The photography - I emailed them and they got back to me with a bunch of excuses. Apparently as a memories bride 48 photos was more than I should have got. (EXCUSE ME)! They think I should be grateful? Bottom line is, Iam not paying $500 for 48 photos. They say that the brides who get 1000s of photos are those who pay $1000; but still when you work that out those brides are only paying $1 per photo. Why am I paying $10 per photo. They have offered to touch up my pics more. At the end of the day Iam still not paying $500 for 48 photos. Its not worth the money.

The person who told us to leave the lobby was my actual wedding planner. She just happened to be walking by us and approched us. I was still in shock a week later.

I'm completely floored by the whole photography aspect. That's what I personally care about the most... Even more than the video. I think most brides would agree. You display your photos forever!

Extra retouching wouldn't do a damn thing to make me feel better unless I had a giant grotesque tumor and this "retouching" would permanently remove it from my body.

I am so pissed for you.

I mean I get that they can't go back in time and take more pics. And honestly that $500 for rights to images is why I went elsewhere... Got 3 hours for $400 with all images. And I know Disney isn't about to refund the costs.... But you'd think they could offer you a photography session in the future...
Or something!!!! I'm so sorry. That's awful. I hope that the 48 that you DID get were good... Honestly I'd think that they'd go OVER the time... Not under.

UPDATE - Disney Photography have agreed to cancel the disc and refund the $500, but thats it. A refund and a lousy apology. Nothing more to make up for the full hour I never got. Not happy at all.

And if anybody knows where I can address a letter of complaint and who to I would be very grateful.

How early did he leave? 10 minutes? 15 Minutes? 30 minutes?

As far as the other things go, that isn't DFTW..it would be guest services. Unfortunately, if you had complained while still on property, you probably would have gotten more of a result.

As a cruise VR bride who only paid $1500 for her wedding...exceptional treatment isn't limited to big budget brides..I felt like a princess the entire process!

UPDATE - Disney Photography have agreed to cancel the disc and refund the $500, but thats it. A refund and a lousy apology. Nothing more to make up for the full hour I never got. Not happy at all. And if anybody knows where I can address a letter of complaint and who to I would be very grateful.

My Magic Kingdom photos were out of focus. You got more than I did, both financially and in an actual apology. Disney doesn't seem to care after the fact if things have gone wrong.

Really??? This whole thing shocks me. Awful. Are you talking about the insanely expensive MK photo session that I didn't have time to schedule?

If you don't feel like your being compensated enough then keep contacting people. I'm serious. If photography won't help you keep calling them back, demand to speak to someone else. Or call the general guest relations hotline. If it was truly that bad I would exhaust all options. And I'm really sorry your day was awful. I would be furious too, especially with the photography.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter