Developer's Deal vs. Magical Beginnings promotion

Tiger926

DIS Veteran
We just purchased our first DVC from Disney in May while on vacation for the first time with our baby. We utilized Magical Beginnings - kept points, took $5.00 discount = $90.00 per point for 175 points ($875.00 discount), paid on CC, therefore no Disney financing.

I just got a new computer and was offline for 5 days (major DIS withdrawals!), and as I was perusing through old posts, I saw mention of the new promo. Some of the posts were confusing, and I can't find anything on Disney's website, so I'm wondering:

1. How does this new promo compare to the Magical Beginnings promo that we received 2 months ago?

2. Anyone done the math? Which one is better financially on a per point cost basis?

3. Is it available for add-ons?

4. How does one assign a cost value to the free vacation that Disney is offering?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, Tiger:earsgirl:

by jan. 2005 they will offer what they have in the past same as the promo "comp disney vaction". you buy your points if you keep 04 points then the rate at the time you will pay, if you give back the points then you get either 15 or 10 dollars off per point.

the promo "comp disney vacation"is buy 2005 points and disney will match the amount of points you bought with 2004 points that have to be used by the end of this year, your 2005 points you can not use until 2005.

Originally posted by wdwstar
by jan. 2005 they will offer what they have in the past same as the promo "comp disney vaction". you buy your points if you keep 04 points then the rate at the time you will pay, if you give back the points then you get either 15 or 10 dollars off per point.

the promo "comp disney vacation"is buy 2005 points and disney will match the amount of points you bought with 2004 points that have to be used by the end of this year, your 2005 points you can not use until 2005.

Not sure I understand what you wrote, but here goes...

If you give up your 1st years points DVC will deduct $10/pt off the purchase price...

If you keep your 1st years points then DVC will give you more points to be used by the end of December...

Did I get it?

Is that only for SSR points? I just bought OKW thru Disney for $84 per point, and kept this year's points.

Originally posted by Cruelladeville
Is that only for SSR points? I just bought OKW thru Disney for $84 per point, and kept this year's points.

Did you get any discounts or was $84 the discounted price?

We got a $5/pt discount to keep our points, then I went out and rented those points for anywhere between $9-11/pt.

i believe the promo is only for SSR.

the promo that disney is giving you a free vacation for buying points at SSR.

buy, lets say 150 points the point that you are buying are 2005 and cannot be used until 2005.

what they are giving you is : 150 2004 points to use now until dec. 31 2004.

the old promo was buy 150 points and you get last years points to use now or bank or sell the last year points back and get $10 a point back which disney uses towards your down payment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter