• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Devastated we might have to cancel Disney

So the flights are out for next may for 25th to 8th good prices too . I've been watching them the last week and the day after they are released they jump up in price. So for may school holiday I think 1600/1700 is quite good for 4 flights. But DH not sure yet on what to do. Argh !!!

Update.

We've changed our flights to May. Paid an extra £430 in total. Still good for half term I think.
Need to see if I can amend my car parking and hotel at Manchester. Not banking on it though! And I got a good deal for the parking. The hotel was only £34.

Also I have gatorland tickets that probably can't be changed but I'll give it a try. car hire was only booked with a deposit so I should be able to salvage that.

I have no hotel yet so that's an issue!!

Had a solicitor out to take down details of our case so will see what they think.

Something to look forward to now and all the ADR planning again. I will be cancelling my October ones so someone will get BOG and 'Ohana!!

X

Glad you got sorted . I think you have done the right thing! I have really felt like the pressure is off now we are not counting down to the August dates. At my clinic last week I would have been really stressed out when I found out I had another 7 week minimum with the cage.

I'm even starting to feel October is not going to be far enough away for me .hopefully your dp will be in perfect health and have full mobility by may.

Hope all goes well for you. Will you be able to walk or will you hire a wheelchair? How is your son?

Were still stuck for a hotal. BC is not available for the first week so I think we're going to do 9 nights at Contemporary with ddp and 5 BC room only. It's costing about £1000 more so I'll have to make DH work twice as hard. Lol.

Hope all goes well for you. Will you be able to walk or will you hire a wheelchair? How is your son?

Were still stuck for a hotal. BC is not available for the first week so I think we're going to do 9 nights at Contemporary with ddp and 5 BC room only. It's costing about £1000 more so I'll have to make DH work twice as hard. Lol.

I am hoping I will be ok with just a walking stick , if I find I struggle on longer park days I can just hire a wheelchair.

My son has clinic next week and hopefully take his cast off, then I have a X-ray the week after.

We have nothing booked for our new October dates once we get there!!we did some family voting and all the kids want to go to the Florida keys instead of theme parks,so we might have 2 week relaxing then come up to orlando and do mnsshp.

Is your dh still in the non weight bearing casts, how is he doing?has he had any appointments since the op

I am hoping I will be ok with just a walking stick , if I find I struggle on longer park days I can just hire a wheelchair.

My son has clinic next week and hopefully take his cast off, then I have a X-ray the week after.

We have nothing booked for our new October dates once we get there!!we did some family voting and all the kids want to go to the Florida keys instead of theme parks,so we might have 2 week relaxing then come up to orlando and do mnsshp.

Is your dh still in the non weight bearing casts, how is he doing?has he had any appointments since the op

Your trip sounds great. I would love to do the keys. We had a day trip planned to Clearwater but that's as far as we get! Don't think we could go and not do Disney!

I've changed the hotel and doing 12 nights at the contemporary and will book 2 nights for the beach club. I really wanted the BC again and was set on 9 and 5 but it worked out only £30 more to stay on at the contemporary for the extra 3 nights and we get the free dining as apposed to paying out of pocket for our meals at the BC. So I put my financial head on and saved a bit of money! But now the kids are moaning that the pool is not that good at the contemporary. Blinkin kids!!

DH is still no weight bearing and has his first appointment on Monday. Will see what they say. Fingers crossed it's good news!!

Good luck for your son. And you!
X

I hate not doin the full on site Disney , but we are family of 5 the onsite Disney hotels cost a bomb in the larger units and we all love avatar so had decided it was going to be less Disney this trip then do a big blow out onsite trip once avatar land is complete.

Hoping some resort character meals,Disney springs and mnsshp will give us enough magic

I'm glad that you both are able to at least have a countdown @Nicnic @bex7583 After reading about what's happened to both your families I'm having extreme anxiety when the kids are playing in the garden, sliding down a slide into a pool :sad2: Then hubby breaks it to me he's working on a roof in September and I'm having heart pulpitations :furious:

My husband is self employed and I cannot begin to imagine what it must be like to have an accident like that, let alone having to reschedule your holiday and dealing with the kids upset etc.

Wishing a speedy recovery to you all :)

I'm glad that you both are able to at least have a countdown @Nicnic @bex7583 After reading about what's happened to both your families I'm having extreme anxiety when the kids are playing in the garden, sliding down a slide into a pool :sad2: Then hubby breaks it to me he's working on a roof in September and I'm having heart pulpitations :furious:

My husband is self employed and I cannot begin to imagine what it must be like to have an accident like that, let alone having to reschedule your holiday and dealing with the kids upset etc.

Wishing a speedy recovery to you all :)

Thank you.
DH has has both casts taken off and a special boot put on the really bad foot. He's pleased bourn that but still 10 weeks non weight bearing!! He can at least concentrate on moving his feet so they don't seize up.
We're still undecided on the claim if we should go ahead or not. It's such a difficult decision as the money from the claim would be very nice but I don't want him to jeopardise his work availability going forward.

Oh that's great news the casts are off, are both legs non weight bearing still? Will he not just be able to get a job for another firm if you go ahead with the claim?

We have really bumped up dh self employed insurances since my accident , my wage is a bit of a loss for us but if it had been the other way round we would have been stuffed. Also added income protection insurance for his work.

I seem to be really struggling with the hot weather, not like me at all. The metal frame gets hot, my leg is itchy, banging headache and can't have a decent shower so really glad we didn't press ahead with the August dates.

@Tash87 i am a nervous wreck with the kids playing out!

Oh that's great news the casts are off, are both legs non weight bearing still? Will he not just be able to get a job for another firm if you go ahead with the claim?

We have really bumped up dh self employed insurances since my accident , my wage is a bit of a loss for us but if it had been the other way round we would have been stuffed. Also added income protection insurance for his work.

I seem to be really struggling with the hot weather, not like me at all. The metal frame gets hot, my leg is itchy, banging headache and can't have a decent shower so really glad we didn't press ahead with the August dates.

@Tash87 i am a nervous wreck with the kids playing out!

Yes both for now and the other definitely for the 10 weeks. They won't give him any crutches. Maybe when he's been back in 4 weeks will see.
I looked for insurance to cover is job but no cover for self employed. I will get the payment protection to cover the bills!!

He's really pleased to get them off and he did complain about the sweating and itching too. I hope you feel better soon. X

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter