"Detroit has never sounded so sexy!" A mother/daughter February 2012 NEW TR LINK

Yayayya!! New TR's! I seriously just searched through the PTR board to find yours to read, and then noticed the trip had happened, and then saw the link to here! Yay!

Gah! I love arrival day, so much magic! I have to say, it was after reading one of your TRs that I thought maybe I should actually check out TrenD and really give it some time to look around, and it's now one of my favorite stores to get clothes at!

I'm excited to read more!!

I'm here! Can't wait to read all about your trip. Off to a great start so far. :)

Nice update!!! Your pictures are so good. What photography books did you read before you went?

I got one that was writeen specifically for our camera and then photography for dummies and one other one.

We don't seem to get to spend nearly enough time at DTD (on either side). It seems like whenever we go, DH is cranky, hot and tired. I will definitely spend more time in September :thumbsup2

You could always go in the morning and get breakfast at WPE :thumbsup2

I love Goofy's - we also haven't been in there in awhile. The store is a little dangerous with a 4 year old that would like for the major food groups to be Gummy Bears, M&Ms, Jelly Beans and Lollipops. :sad2:

Hope you are all safe after the stores last night.

Aw too bad you haven't been there in a while but I am sure it is hectic for you since everything would look good to a 4 year old :cutie:

Thank you! We are luckily it was pretty far from us so we only got hit the the thunderstorm portion.

Oh, DH and I love love love Parks & Rec. One of our favorite shows to watch together!

I've never been to Raglan Road, but I'm thinking about trying it for our upcoming trip...

And I'm pretty sure I left a puddle of drool on the floor of Goofy's Candy Co. the last time I was there!

It is such a good show! I am so excited to meet all the rest of the people running for mayor soon!

You should! It is very good!

:laughing: I can't blame you!

Great updates! Looking forward to more!

Thank you!

Yayayya!! New TR's! I seriously just searched through the PTR board to find yours to read, and then noticed the trip had happened, and then saw the link to here! Yay!

Aw thank you for joining us! I am still trying to cach up on everyone's TRs but school has been crazy since we got back :headache:

Gah! I love arrival day, so much magic! I have to say, it was after reading one of your TRs that I thought maybe I should actually check out TrenD and really give it some time to look around, and it's now one of my favorite stores to get clothes at!

I'm excited to read more!!

It is amazing! I have decided I like going to DTD on the first night because you get to soak in the magic of being there and then going to a park the next day starts the excitment and magic all over again!

I am glad you like TrenD! There is just so much there that you don't see in the parks! Plus the Disney stuff doesn't look babyish so I like being able to wear it and not look like I am 12 :laughing:

Whoa! Two posts up. I've fallen behind... we'll just have to fix that won't we? :)

Our adventure began on Feb 23. Our flight wasn't until 11:30 but of course we were up super early! I mean REALLY we were going to DISNEYWORLD :yay:

I was just a kid the first time we went... that was about 125 years ago... I could not get to sleep! Way too excited. Finally, I thought to myself that if there was any hope of getting some sleep, I'd have to convince myself that I wasn't going and it was all just a dream. It worked. Too well. I didn't know why my DMom was waking me up so early and... did you know that you can get pretty hot in Florida when you wear long pants with long underwear underneath?

Yup.

If you've been with us before you know Caitlin is a fitness junkie and since she was up so early she hit the gym at 7am :rolleyes:

So not surprised. :laughing:

(I think part of the issue was that a major snowstorm had been predicted for the next morning and everyone was trying to get out of town before it hit)

Did it?

We ended up in line behind a very unique looking woman. Her hair was various shades of pink and purple and a section was even cheetah printed! Her clothes continued the color scheme and animal print theme. We entertained ourselves for a while discussing what her career might be. Afterall, how many professions allow cheetah print hair? :lmao:

Former Mother Superior.

As we headed to our gate we saw this plane out the window and Caitlin let out a shreik!

She let out a large green ogre? Oh, 'shreik'. Sorry, nevermind.

People looked at her like she was crazy and had never seen a plane before :rotfl:

It's times like that, that make you feel proud to be a parent don't you think? I usually point to my better half and say, "That's your kid." :laughing:

Before we knew it it was time to board and we had the smoothest flight ever!! If only coming home had been so easy.....but I am getting ahead of myself.

I'm not sure if I should say "Yay! Smooth flight!" or "Oh, oh."

We arrived in MCO and quickly made our way down to the Magical Express area. Doesn't it feel like the magic is starting when you head down that red carpet?!

::yes::

They assigned us room 1701. I had requested building 14 so we could get a rehabed room.

That's got to be the most requested building at POR. We thought there might be too much foot traffic there so picked Magnolia Terrace instead. Really liked it too.

The CM made it seem like the room was super close we decided we'd take our bags ourselves. Our "bags" were 2 giant tote bags, 2 carryon suitcases and a camera backpack. This was a huge mistake. The bags were all over loaded and heavy and it was 82 degrees and when we got lost trying to find our room we were not feeling the magic :rolleyes1

:headache: Nice. And while 17 is closer than most bayou buildings, it's actually farther than some of the Mansions.

I had ordered Caitlin a surprise that was supposed to be in the room when we arrived. Instead I was the one that was surprised when it wasn't there. I tried not to worry about it and figured it would be delivered when our checked bag was. We then freshened up and headed for the POR boat landing. We were going to do a bit of shopping before our dinner adr.

Here's another :headache: for that. I wonder what the surprise was/is?

How about a tour of POR? Hang on, here we go.....

Thanks for all the wonderful shots of POR. Brings back some wonderful memories! :)

We arrived just as the boat was taking off so we had to wait around 15 minutes for the next.

Ah. But 15 minutes in WDW is an easy 15 minutes isn't it?

As we waited more people arrived and I realized Caitlin was the only young person there. Heck I looked young compared to the other guests!

Well of course you looked young compared to the other guests... You are young! Sheesh.

For some reason during our stay there the majority of guests were senior citizens travelling with other couples without any kids or grandkids.

Boy, that must've been one quiet resort.

And isn't this pool cool?!

POFQ pool is nice to look at but not so great to swim at.

I'll end here and let Caitlin tell you all about our fun at Downtown Disney...thanks for reading

Thanks for posting! :goodvibes

We were finally in Downtown Disney somewhere I had been dreaming about shopping since we started planning this trip :laughing:

You? Shopping? Get out!

Our previous readers will know I am a huge fan of the Crush store and TrenD

::yes::

with a Raglan Road reservation so far off we decided it was time for a snack :thumbsup2 So where do you go in DTD for some sugary Mickey shaped items?

Oh, man. Those pictures! And me watching what I eat. A co-worker brought in cinnamon buns for everybody this morning. I've been staring at this darn thing for the last 7 hours. And then I see this! :faint:

I have a hard time looking at these pictures and not wanting everything in them :laughing:

Me too!!

I also squealed when I saw this window :lovestruc

Shrieks and now squeals. Note to self, don't watch the following movies when Caitlin's around:

Mary Poppins
March of the Penguins
50 First Dates
Mr. Popper's Penguins
Madagascar

There were men working at this store so it was a bit odd because they just sort of stood there with an aura of awkwardness about them :laughing:

Well. Yeah. That's what we do. :rolleyes1

I ended up treating myself to a cute black sundress :thumbsup2

Do we see it, later?

This would be my first time trying a Disney beverage so I decided to LIVE IT UP and get a whiskey flight :cool2:

"And then I don't remember anything after that. My mom told me that we were banned from Raglan Road from now on."

Heaven on Earth - baby back ribs in a Guinness and honey glaze $14

Wow! Those ribs look really good!

After having my thirst sufficiently quenched and our tummies full we headed out to burn the money in our wallets!

You go girls!

Coming up!
We act like trees
We spend money
We may actually get to a park at some point :laughing:

Spend money - You're in Disney. That's a given.
Go to a park - You're in Disney. That's a given.
Act like trees - You're in Disney... umm... what?

Thanks for the update ladies! :goodvibes

I'm here! Can't wait to read all about your trip. Off to a great start so far. :)
Welcome!!!!

You? Shopping? Get out!

I know so out of character for me :laughing:

Oh, man. Those pictures! And me watching what I eat. A co-worker brought in cinnamon buns for everybody this morning. I've been staring at this darn thing for the last 7 hours. And then I see this! :faint:Me too!!

Aw I am sorry! While these look good I found a great snack the next day and actually have one sitting in my fridge waiting to be eaten :rolleyes1

Shrieks and now squeals. Note to self, don't watch the following movies when Caitlin's around:

Mary Poppins You're right about this one
March of the Penguins I have actually never seen it since I heard some penguins die and I don't think I could handle that
50 First Dates Wasn't a huge fan
Mr. Popper's Penguins Loved this!
Madagascar Such a good movie!
You forgot some though
Madagascar 2
Happy Feet
Happy Feet 2 which is by far the worse out of all of them because all of the baby penguins dancing are too cute for words!

Well. Yeah. That's what we do. :rolleyes1

Ah see I forgot!

Do we see it, later?

Surprisingly no because I ended up buying two more dresses and ended up wearing one of those instead :laughing:

"And then I don't remember anything after that. My mom told me that we were banned from Raglan Road from now on."

:laughing: My mom and I both luaghed out loud reading that! This was probably the easiest time I had drinking but there were two places we could have gotten banned from :laughing:

Wow! Those ribs look really good!

They are!

You go girls!

:thumbsup2

Spend money - You're in Disney. That's a given.
Go to a park - You're in Disney. That's a given.
Act like trees - You're in Disney... umm... what?

You will just have to wait and see but I am sure you will have comments for the pictures I post of it :laughing:

Thanks for the update ladies! :goodvibes

Thank you for reading and posting!

" I am a huge whiskey fan! Why did you wince?"

Probably because I have never had a good whiskey and the thought of drinking a cheap whiskey straight up scares me. Perhaps I need to expand my palate! I guess I should try a whiskey smooth enough that I don't need anything to chase it.

" I am a huge whiskey fan! Why did you wince?"

Probably because I have never had a good whiskey and the thought of drinking a cheap whiskey straight up scares me. Perhaps I need to expand my palate! I guess I should try a whiskey smooth enough that I don't need anything to chase it.

They weren't bad but if you are looking for a good whiskey I suggest Buffalo Trace it has hints of vanilla in it :goodvibes

Great update! No picture of the little black sundress:confused3 I'm sure it's adorable!

Love Raglan Road...you were at the same table my BFF and I dined at when we had our girl's trip in 2005! It was such a great night!

That lego was a little on the pricey side isn't it! Can't wait to hear what other purchases you girls made:goodvibes

Great update! No picture of the little black sundress:confused3 I'm sure it's adorable!

Love Raglan Road...you were at the same table my BFF and I dined at when we had our girl's trip in 2005! It was such a great night!

That lego was a little on the pricey side isn't it! Can't wait to hear what other purchases you girls made:goodvibes

Thank you!

I took a pretty bad picture of it that night in the hotel but the first time I wear it I will take a pic and post it :thumbsup2

Aw that's so cool! Raglan Road is so nice and relaxed I love it!

It was! All of that lego stuff is pretty expensive though :headache:

We went home with a ton of souvies :thumbsup2

YAY! Time for shopping in DTD! :-) "Treat yo self" lol I've never seen the show, but that just sounds hilarious based on the little meme you snuck into this update :laughing:

:thumbsup2 for going to Goofy's! Always the best place to go when you're in need of something sweet and Disney ;) I feel like too awful of a DISer that everytime I've stepped through those doors I've held back from buying anything. Urrrggghhh... hopefully next time! :-) The cookie looks really nice even though Vanilla Chocolate sounds strange, I definitely could handle that. May have to put it on my last of "to-try"s.

:thumbsup2 to Tren-D! Such a cool store. And I love that display, Mary Poppins Penguins <3 And I think it's awesome that they put Miss Edna Mode into the store, she is just FABULOUS (I would've said awesome, but it just doesn't work in this sentence) *wink, wink* LOL @ the guys working at TrenD. I don't think I would survive too long either, even though it is a unique DISNEY store (emphasis on Disney).

Wow, gotta give you huge props for going into World of Disney and not buying ANYTHING! I swear that my wallet has tried to evade me while in that store or escape. In some ways, it is only natural impulse, in others... not so much, more of a way to severely dent my money supply. But $80 does seem ridiculous enough to totally bypass the place :/

:thumbsup2 to Raglan Road! I've always wanted to try that place out. That's so cool the Irish Dancers were teaching the kids how to Irish Step. I seriously will never understand how they do all that so easily and without getting tired. :confused3 Another thumbs up to getting VIP seating, couch in restaurant=VERY comfortable! Mmmmm... the food looks delicious, especially that Fish & Chips, but you really can't go wrong with something like that, your mom has good taste, though the ribs look nice too. And I love your pics of the restaurant as a whole, absolutely beautiful!

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Finally got started reading your TR. Very excited to see that you and your Mom's favorite meals were Via Napoli and Kona. I have ADR's for both! Love the pic of your Mom behind the plant and also the penguin plane - how cute!

YAY! Time for shopping in DTD! :-) "Treat yo self" lol I've never seen the show, but that just sounds hilarious based on the little meme you snuck into this update :laughing:

It is such a good show you need to watch it!

:thumbsup2 for going to Goofy's! Always the best place to go when you're in need of something sweet and Disney ;) I feel like too awful of a DISer that everytime I've stepped through those doors I've held back from buying anything. Urrrggghhh... hopefully next time! :-) The cookie looks really nice even though Vanilla Chocolate sounds strange, I definitely could handle that. May have to put it on my last of "to-try"s.

You definitely need to go to Goofy's! I enjoy the make your own treats more than the cookie we had though :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 to Tren-D! Such a cool store. And I love that display, Mary Poppins Penguins <3 And I think it's awesome that they put Miss Edna Mode into the store, she is just FABULOUS (I would've said awesome, but it just doesn't work in this sentence) *wink, wink* LOL @ the guys working at TrenD. I don't think I would survive too long either, even though it is a unique DISNEY store (emphasis on Disney).

There is so much to look at in that store! Who doesn't love Mary Poppins and Mr Penguin :thumbsup2 I love that too! You don't usually see her so it is nice to have her somewhere. Yeah I think they just felt strange with the mainly female clientele :laughing:

Wow, gotta give you huge props for going into World of Disney and not buying ANYTHING! I swear that my wallet has tried to evade me while in that store or escape. In some ways, it is only natural impulse, in others... not so much, more of a way to severely dent my money supply. But $80 does seem ridiculous enough to totally bypass the place :/

We usually buy something at World of Disney but nothing really spoke to us this time :confused3

:thumbsup2 to Raglan Road! I've always wanted to try that place out. That's so cool the Irish Dancers were teaching the kids how to Irish Step. I seriously will never understand how they do all that so easily and without getting tired. :confused3 Another thumbs up to getting VIP seating, couch in restaurant=VERY comfortable! Mmmmm... the food looks delicious, especially that Fish & Chips, but you really can't go wrong with something like that, your mom has good taste, though the ribs look nice too. And I love your pics of the restaurant as a whole, absolutely beautiful!

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

You need to! It was very cute the kids seemed to be having a great time! That seating area was great although we missed the dancers show :headache: All the food was great!

Finally got started reading your TR. Very excited to see that you and your Mom's favorite meals were Via Napoli and Kona. I have ADR's for both! Love the pic of your Mom behind the plant and also the penguin plane - how cute!

Both restaurants were amazing! Thank you!

I'm very sadly late ladies, but I'm here now.

Yay on arrival and first day! Great choice eating at Raglan Road. Going with a Whiskey Flight?! Whoooeeee girlie! I am a Guinness fan myself, but I know it's not for everyone. :lmao: Oh, and Irish Car Bombs. :laughing:

Very nice pictures Caitlin. That's so cool that you're getting into photography.

I'm very sadly late ladies, but I'm here now.

Yay on arrival and first day! Great choice eating at Raglan Road. Going with a Whiskey Flight?! Whoooeeee girlie! I am a Guinness fan myself, but I know it's not for everyone. :lmao: Oh, and Irish Car Bombs. :laughing:

Very nice pictures Caitlin. That's so cool that you're getting into photography.

Glad to see you here! :hug:

Yep :thumbsup2 I am a huge fan of whiskey :laughing: Guinness is good too! I really wanted to try and Irish Car Bomb on St. Patty's but never got a chance to :sad2:

Thank you! I really want our Disney pictures to look and feel real so I am trying everything I can :laughing:

Hi Dawn & Caitlin! I am so glad I found your TR today :) I love your photos of the resort, and will have to check in later to finish reading your first day & your surprise for Caitlin.

LOVE the penguin plane. so cute!!!

Just got caught up on your first two updates. :thumbsup2

that penguin plane was too cute. I would have loved to ride on that and I am pretty sure I would have squealed in excitement too.

I've never stayed at the AB section of POR so it was cool to see the photos. I am partial to the mansion side myself, but that may be because I like to pretend that I am walking around in real mansions.

Whiskey flight? good lord. I am on the floor just thinking of it. How is someone so itty bitty able to handle that alcohol? I recall a time I had just some wine at lunch with a friend and we followed it with shopping - or maybe drunken shopping. I just remember being drunk in a dressing room. I can't even imagine if I had one whiskey shot, let alone three! You go, girl.

Count me in as someone else who wants to see a pic of the sundress you got.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter