detroit area hotel with air shuttle and parking

lakehead92

DIS Veteran
any great suggestions for a clean and reasonable hotel in the metro airport area of detroit that will allow us to park for 9 days and then shuttle us to and from the airport for an early morning flight. if it has a pool that would be great too, then we can check in earlier and the kids vacation can start then.we will be cross the border at windsor, the day before in order to not have to get caught up at customs on the day of our flight.

There is a US Park right on Middlebelt Rd.(there are a couple of those places in that area) and they will shuttle you to the airport. You can go to any hotel/motel you like then, drive to the US Park and they can take you to what ever terminal you need. There isn't a hotel/motel around Detroit Metro Airport that will let you park your car in there lot for 9 days.They will tow your car. If your interested I can get you the number on the way to work tomorrow. Hope this Helps

I would stay away from anything on the Middlebelt side parking and hotels. I also would stay around 275 & Ford Road area because the hotels will be cheaper, it's a nicer area and not all the noise from the airport.

Parking I would park at Airlines Parking on Merriman Road. I've always parked there and never had a problem. If you print the online coupon it's $55 a week. http://www.airlinesparking.com/pages/directions.html

Cindy

Try www.parksleepfly.com. We're going to WDW in Feb., and this will be our 4th or 5th time staying at the Howard Johnson. The hotel itself is pretty basic (no pool or arcade area), but it's a clean place to lay our heads for one night. The breakfast is good (waffles, fruit, bagels, juices, etc...), the shuttle works out just great, and the rooms are clean. We get the room for one night, the shuttle, and 7 days of parking for $70.00.

We only did something like that years ago, but I know some of the airport hotels offer deals on prenight stays. Try checking the airports website they may have links to hotels that offer the park/stay option.

I would check out QwikPark on Merriman. They have a deal with a hotel there, I think it's the La Quinta, and LOTS AND LOTS of pilots and airline attendants stay there.

The lot is open 24 hours, and a shuttle pretty much follows you to your car and helps you load your luggage. No shlepping the stuff around to a stop.

i'm looking for a hotel that has free parking for at least a week.
I figure the hotel the night before would cost less than parking for 9 days that we need at the airport.

Try www.parksleepfly.com. We're going to WDW in Feb., and this will be our 4th or 5th time staying at the Howard Johnson. The hotel itself is pretty basic (no pool or arcade area), but it's a clean place to lay our heads for one night. The breakfast is good (waffles, fruit, bagels, juices, etc...), the shuttle works out just great, and the rooms are clean. We get the room for one night, the shuttle, and 7 days of parking for $70.00.

We stayed there too. No bells or whistles but it gets the job done. We parked for 10 days and up to 7 is included in your price and then anything over that is $6 a day extra.

We looked at the Holiday Inn also and that has a pool and also looked pretty nice. It was a little bit more expensive than the HoJo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter