Details on Polynesian Villas purchase?

Spark

Mouseketeer
Has anyone heard more details on buying Polynesian Villas?
I am most interested in the following:
Price now versus price in a month when it goes on sale to public?
What use years will receive what points (i.e. 2014 + 2015 points)?
Thanks to anyone who has been able to reach their guides today...

With a resort opening date of 4/1/2015, the phase 1 units would have an occupancy date of 4/1/2015. Anyone that purchases PVB points would not be able to use them for a stay at any resort prior to 4/1/2015. Anyone that purchases PVB and the month of 4/2015 falls within their 2014 UY, they would get those points in their 2014 UY. Still wouldn't be able to use them prior to 4/1/2015.

I too read the report (a comment on DVC News) of getting 2014 points with a June use year, and I think it makes sense. A stay at the Poly in April or May 2015 would fall in their 2014 use year, wouldn't it?

I too read the report (a comment on DVC News) of getting 2014 points with a June use year, and I think it makes sense. A stay at the Poly in April or May 2015 would fall in their 2014 use year, wouldn't it?

Yep.

Just off the phone with Agent...$160 a point, August UY, and you get points when you add on AND points in Aug 2015.

My Guide confirmed that a Poly add-on purchase on my September UY contract would get 2014 points.

when you put it that way... :)

Price increases Feb 9th when it goes to public by $5

PVB owner can book feb 11th

New member can book Feb 18th

Non owner can book feb 25th

June or later use yr gets 2015 pts.

Fixed week in high season is slight less pts.

My question:
If you buy with a June UY, can not make a reseravtion until sometime in Feb, then you MUST use those 2014 points before the end of May since it will be past the banking deadline?
Is DVC giving you the option of banking those 2014 points into 2015 UY, when you buy-into PVB?

My question:
If you buy with a June UY, can not make a reseravtion until sometime in Feb, then you MUST use those 2014 points before the end of May since it will be past the banking deadline?
Is DVC giving you the option of banking those 2014 points into 2015 UY, when you buy-into PVB?

When we bought Aulani before it opened, we had the same question (June UY and we bought in May before the opening that Fall).

They told us we could bank the points.

My question:

from what i understand, any time you buy directly, disney gives you the option of banking current UY pts even if it is past the normal banking deadline. (as a one time thing right when you buy.)

Thank you for the dates regarding booking.

. . .

Fixed week in high season is slight less pts.

I haven't seen any pricing on fixed weeks except for this comment. And I don't know what it means. :confused3 Are they charging less points for one season for a fixed week than if you just use points? Then are they charging more points for fixed weeks all other weeks--like 10% more like they did for Aulani and VGF?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter