destination wedding who pays?

39CINDERELLA

Waiting to dance at the Ball with my Prince
dd wants her wedding in Hawaii. who pays for her wedding party and few guest to come? she will have reception at home at a later date. TIAprincess:

The wedding party and guests themselves?

We're not paying for anyone to travel besides our own family.

Generally, guests and members of the wedding party are expected to pay for themselves (which is why you sometimes hear griping about being invited to a destination wedding). Sometimes the couple can obtain discounts from the resort on guest rooms, though.

However, if you have the means, of course it would be wonderful to cover their travel expenses. :goodvibes

My DF and I went to a wedding in Maui last Summer, and he was a groosmen. They didn't pay for any of our expenses, but we were happy to go- as it was a vaction in itself for us. lol. As the above poster said though, if you have the means to do it, thats an amazing gesture.

Paying for the wedding party and guests is a very grand gesture. Like Carrie said, if you have the means, that's awesome. Otherwise, I don't think people assume the trip will be paid for. I think your daughter doing welcome bags in the rooms and maybe a gift card to the hotel as the favor is a great way to show you care they are there and would like to help in an affordable way.

Typically guests pay their own way to attend a destination wedding. Sometimes the bride/groom and/or their family pick up one or two nights at the hotel for the wedding party if they have the means. When we got married in Jamaica everyone paid their own way. However, I made sure that the bridal party did not have to pay for anything additional that they typically would have to pay for if they were in a traditional wedding. My Mom helped me pay for their dresses. I bought them their jewelry and paid for their hair appointments at the resort salon. I told them they could wear whatever shoes they chose to. I also bought them thank you gifts including monogrammed beach totes and Coach wristlets. I gave them these gifts at brunch I planned for them prior to the trip. DH did something similar for the guys by giving them their Timmy Bahama shirts and Reef flip flops then just having them wear light khakis.

I also made out of town bags for all the guests, hosted a private welcome beach party, and gave favors at the wedding reception as way of showing my gratitude. We had 60 guests attend:love:

The guests should pay for their travel and accommodations as well as any meals/excursions not hosted by the wedding group.

thank you all very much! :) luckily we have some time (2014) at least.princess:

I'm doing a Cruise wedding and we have decided to pay for the cabins of our wedding party in full (that includes spouses & kids) They will cover their own attire and plane tickets. Guest will have to pay for themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter