Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation, a Diamond Level Experience! - Completed!

franandaj said:
We went to the Charter Lounge and it was no where near as nice as the Sorcerer/Premiere Lounge. We had ceramic coffee cups, they had paper, and the coffee was empty. Later they brought us paper so we could take them togo. We also had these really cool furnishings, and the Charter Lounge just has regular tables.

I thought it was a little better than the first year, at least they had rooms for people to queue up in, granted they were ice boxes! But that first year, the lines were just snaking around everywhere and doubling back on themselves. I do think it would be nice to pass out wristbands or something starting at a certain time, but then people would line up for the wristbands too! :rotfl:

Thanks for refreshing my memory of the lounges during the Expo last year.

Last years Expo was way better than the first one in 2009 where there were a lot of problems. I did remember the first Expo back in 2009 wherever there were long lines outside the presentation rooms where it was difficult to walks through. At least the side rooms were nice where we waited for the presentations. We'll just wait and see if they are going to try that wristband technique for next years Expo since it will save us a lot of time than being in the side queue for a presentation.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Congrats Alison! Nice getting those perks. I'm soooo looking forward to living vicariously.

Alison, I learned a long time ago that my time was worth the price for a reserved ticket, I know it seems like a lot, but your time is f\worth something also.

the lounge and additional benefits sounds like a nice perk.

Congrats and I am looking forward to all that I learn from your trips.

Oh wow! Definitely a lot of cool perks! :cool1::yay: Love the massage part and am pretty sure you'll be partaking in that :thumbsup2

Wow, just saw the link for the new TR, you have a lot going on. Hope you have a great time, and can't wait for pictures!

Alison I am here and so looking forward to your trip report, pictures and descriptions. Your 2011 report was SO informative I felt like I had attended. You are awesome at sharing your thoughts and experiences. :thumbsup2

Ann

Finally made it back to read. Everything sounds fabulous. I think you're already there having fun :)

I'm in!! So glad you posted the link. :goodvibes

Glad to have you. I hope you and your family (or at least DH) can make an Expo or other event sometime, I know you would love it!

Thanks for refreshing my memory of the lounges during the Expo last year.

Last years Expo was way better than the first one in 2009 where there were a lot of problems. I did remember the first Expo back in 2009 wherever there were long lines outside the presentation rooms where it was difficult to walks through. At least the side rooms were nice where we waited for the presentations. We'll just wait and see if they are going to try that wristband technique for next years Expo since it will save us a lot of time than being in the side queue for a presentation.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I remember the 2009 one when the queues were overlapping in the hallway and the CMs had no idea what to do. They have clearly learned that we are exuberant fans, and hence why they can charge the exorbitant amounts for the packages and we still pay it!

So very excited to read about your trip! Have a wonderful time!

Thanks, so far Day 1 has been awesome, but it will take me some time to write it all out, it's so jam packed!

Thanks for the link - Your trip and the events sound fab !
Will be waiting to hear more...

First small update coming up next!

Congrats Alison! Nice getting those perks. I'm soooo looking forward to living vicariously.

It will be so awesome. Now I just need to score the hotel on points for the four nights!

Alison, I learned a long time ago that my time was worth the price for a reserved ticket, I know it seems like a lot, but your time is f\worth something also.

the lounge and additional benefits sounds like a nice perk.

Congrats and I am looking forward to all that I learn from your trips.

Luckily Fran's DF worked his A** off and left her at least something so that we can afford some of these finer things. We just need to get her healthy enough to enjoy it. She is taking pain pills to thwart the pain and No Doz to counteract the pain pills, as a result she feels icky. While I make/eat food on the breaks, she lies down in bed hoping to get some relief. I wish she didn't feel so bad. Thank god for germ killers! :rotfl2:

Oh wow! Definitely a lot of cool perks! :cool1::yay: Love the massage part and am pretty sure you'll be partaking in that :thumbsup2

You know even last time, they had that listed and my package didn't include it, but we could have paid for it and I couldn't find them! :headache:

Better late than never...I'm in!

Gald you're here! :goodvibes

Wow, just saw the link for the new TR, you have a lot going on. Hope you have a great time, and can't wait for pictures!

Good to have you, we're so far having a great time! :)

Finally made it back to read. Everything sounds fabulous. I think you're already there having fun :)

I think you'll like it! ;)

Hope it is cooler weather.

It's really cool in the ball room! :thumbsup2

I know that would do that too...

If I can find them I will! :rotfl2:

Hi Everyone! :wave2:

So we arrived safe and sound. Most of this TR will happen once we get home because every day is JAM PACKED. I haven’t been online today at all (well at almost 7PM and I have to rush back to see Dick Van Dyke). We didn’t get the 10AM start like we wanted, but we were on the road just after 12 noon and arrived at the hotel by 1PM (lots of going back before we even got a couple blocks away and a drive thru stop for 1st meal of the day, call it lunch/breakfast chicken McNuggets for me and a Filet of Fish for her! :lmao:)

So we arrive at the hotel and oddly enough our room was ready!!!! Never in all my years of DVC have we arrived before 4PM and had a room ready! So we went up to the room, called Bell Services and I put all the frozen goods into the freezer, got the cooler unpacked and we headed over to D23 check in. Diamond level check in started at 1PM and it was quarter to 2PM. Laura recognized us immediately (I tell you this woman is on the ball), either that or we were the only diamond level guests both riding in scooters! :rotfl2:

We signed in and they gave us our credentials.

DSCN6334.jpg

Then we got in line for the main event today (for Fran) shopping! Here is the D23 store:

DSCN6319.jpg

DSCN6320.jpg

DSCN6321.jpg

We picked out these books:

DSCN6322.jpg

DSCN6323.jpg

And these bags are made from the posters of the last Expo, so they are made of heavy canvas and really durable. As us Dooney fans know, placement is key and we picked Chip and Pumba!

DSCN6324.jpg

DSCN6325.jpg

After this we decided to head back to the room and let Fran rest a little before our dinner reservation. We are lucky enough to have some friends in high places that even though we are staying on DVC points, we were able to get access to the Concierge Lounge for this stay. We stopped in there for a snack since dinner was still a few hours away and we were still hungry after our “drive thru” experience! Fran’s plate:

DSCN6326.jpg

And mine

DSCN6327.jpg

Since we left the room so abruptly, I decided to take some pictures of our view. It’s fairly awesome! The only better thing would be on one of the higher floors, but this is our first time in probably over a year of having a Paradise Pier view, so I’m thrilled! We won’t be here to watch WoC, so I didn’t make any requests.

DSCN6328.jpg

DSCN6329.jpg

DSCN6330.jpg

DSCN6331.jpg

DSCN6332.jpg

And our swag, the last one is something I bought, but all the others were included in our diamond package. Running back to see Dick Van Dyke!

DSCN6335.jpg

DSCN6336.jpg

DSCN6337.jpg

DSCN6338.jpg

DSCN6339.jpg

Alison! That is so awesome to have the room ready. And you have a fantastic friend/fairy godmother to arrange things for you. Good for you. After the tough times you've had lately, you so deserve it!

Great pictures of the D23 store and merchandise. That is a very nice lanyard with your name on it. Glad to hear that you got to check-in early to your room. Have fun tomorrow.

Ah so nice of you to get me some strawberries!:rotfl2:

Enjoy D23 and your PP view.:thumbsup2

Nice pictures! Nice bags. How does dick van dyke look these days! Enjoy the evening!

Alison! That is so awesome to have the room ready. And you have a fantastic friend/fairy godmother to arrange things for you. Good for you. After the tough times you've hd lately, you so deserve it!

Great pictures of the D23 store and merchandise. That is a very nice lanyard with your name on it. Glad to hear that you got to check-in early to your room. Have fun tomorrow.

Ah so nice of you to get me some strawberries!:rotfl2:

Enjoy D23 and your PP view.:thumbsup2

Thanks for all your well wishes, Ican baRELY type this I am so tired. I will check in Tuesday after all this is over. . it is awesome!@

Rest and enjoy. We're not going anywhere and there is lots of time for lengthy updates later. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter