Dessert Question

disqueen2

Mouseketeer
I know this is a crazy question, but I'm hoping someone here can help me. We are going to WDW and are on the DDP. Could anyone recommend a WDW restaurant that has really good Banana's Foster and/or Creme Brulee? I have all of our ADRs for our Christmas trip, but my husband mentioned last night that since we are on the DDP, that I should try to get my two favorite desserts while we are there. Of course I ran to the computer and did a search for the two, but most of the reviews I have read talk about how they were "good, but have had better at WDW." Could someone give me an idea of where I can get really good Banana's Foster or Creme Brulee? I'm willing to try to switch our ADRs (if the food is also good). Thanks for any help!

Le cellier has maple creme brulee that is probably my 2nd only to the creme brulee you can get at the patissiere in France, and the only reason I like that one better is for the price. You will get a great meal at Le Cellier though!! Also, if you order the french menu at chefs de france, the creme brulee that comes with it is pretty good too. Wolfgang Puck express also has a tasty creme brulee, and I think the main puck restaurant has a trio! The creme at the Brown Derby was pretty good too; they used to have a strawberry flavored one that I thought was kinda gross, but they have vanilla now, and it was pretty tasty, like, lick the dish clean tasty!! The DH and I are big fans of "le creme" so we try to have it where we find it. The new creme at seasons was just OK, imo.
I am not a banana fan, so I can't help on that one!

disqueen2 said:
I know this is a crazy question, but I'm hoping someone here can help me. We are going to WDW and are on the DDP. Could anyone recommend a WDW restaurant that has really good Banana's Foster and/or Creme Brulee? I have all of our ADRs for our Christmas trip, but my husband mentioned last night that since we are on the DDP, that I should try to get my two favorite desserts while we are there. Of course I ran to the computer and did a search for the two, but most of the reviews I have read talk about how they were "good, but have had better at WDW." Could someone give me an idea of where I can get really good Banana's Foster or Creme Brulee? I'm willing to try to switch our ADRs (if the food is also good). Thanks for any help!

...O'Hana's recently changed their dessert from fresh pineapple with caramel dipping sauce to banana bread with vanilla ice cream and bananas foster drizzle.....it was TO DIE FOR!!!!! [I coulda made a meal outta THAT!!!!]

kimmar067 said:
...O'Hana's recently changed their dessert from fresh pineapple with caramel dipping sauce to banana bread with vanilla ice cream and bananas foster drizzle.....it was TO DIE FOR!!!!! [I coulda made a meal outta THAT!!!!]

I'm trying that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I don't want to die yet. Is passing out acceptable? Thanks.

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

The Flying Fish Cafe at the Boardwalk has an excellent bananas creme brulee. It is basically creme brulee with a top coating of caramelized bananas and is absolutely delicious!!!! The restaurant has excellent food (potato wrapped red snapper is the signature dish and VERY tasty) and the decor is whimsical yet elegant. They have a drink there called the Bayberry Martini that I could drink until I passed out!!!! I couldn't believe how good it was. I really think you would love this restaurant and then it's always nice to walk around the Boardwalk at night afterward browsing the shops and entertainment not to mention Illuminations later.

I ate Creme Brulee 4 times on our last trip. IMHO the best was at Kona. The rest of the meal was great too.

DH and I absolutely LOVED the bananas foster at 'Ohana which is just amazing. Wow!

I don't remember Bananas Foster on the menu at Ohana! I'll definitely have to check that out next time.

My favorite Creme Brulee was at Jiko - it's pistachio with a chocolate bottom. So good it should be illegal! :thumbsup2

I have to second the Ohana banana dish - 'Ohana bread pudding a la mode with Bananas Foster Sauce. It was just amazing. I only wish that I had saved more room.....

Thank you to everyone for the recommendations. I'm glad to hear O'hana's has bananas foster. We are staying at the Poly and have ADRs there, so I know what I will be ordering. Also, we are going to Kona's and LeCellier, so I can try the creme brulee there also. Now my taste buds are going crazy just thinking about it.

I had a lovely Baily's Irish Creme Brulee at Rose and Crown during our last trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter