Dessert Party ?'s

Arich01

Mouseketeer
Hi! So we've been able to add an Illuminations Dessert Party to our wedding day, yay! :cool1: I was wondering if anyone could share what menu items you had if you've done a dessert party (or have it booked) and maybe pricing? I understand that you don't have to stick with the exact menus that Disney gives you, is that correct? Thanks for the help! :goodvibes

Right, you can customize it any way you like. We didn't know that for our wedding, so we stuck with their cheapest menu of cookies and brownies and were pretty underwhelmed, except for the chocolate peanut butter marshmallow squares (which became one of my all-time favorite Disney desserts!). Of the multiple dessert parties I've been to since then, I've found the best menu items are re-creations of treats found in the various theme parks, like Norway's school bread or carrot cake cookies from the Writer's Stop in DCA. And you can't go wrong with Mickey premium ice cream bars!

Right, you can customize it any way you like. We didn't know that for our wedding, so we stuck with their cheapest menu of cookies and brownies and were pretty underwhelmed, except for the chocolate peanut butter marshmallow squares (which became one of my all-time favorite Disney desserts!). Of the multiple dessert parties I've been to since then, I've found the best menu items are re-creations of treats found in the various theme parks, like Norway's school bread or carrot cake cookies from the Writer's Stop in DCA. And you can't go wrong with Mickey premium ice cream bars!

They wouldn't do the Mickey bars BOC for me, but we're having:

Chocolate marshmallow peanut butter squares
Fancy French Macarons in assorted flavors
Warm apple crumble with warm vanilla sauce
Norway school bread
Sticky toffee pudding (which you can be I'll be dumping more warm vanilla sauce on)
And individual mini-pies in various flavors, including peach, blueberry, strawberry rhubarb and coconut custard)

I THINK that's it. I can't wait to eat all of it!!

We had our wedding last month. At the dessert party we served cake, novelty ice creams, and cheesecake bites. We really wanted to do a Groom's cake and this was the best option for us. The cake was amazing! It looked like Scrooge McDuck's top hat and a moneybag. It was German chocolate and was delicious. We also served a selection of ice creams which included Mickey Premium bars, Mickey ice cream sandwiches, and fruit bars. We included some sugar-free fruit bars because my in-laws are diabetic. The cheesecake bites were also primarily for my in-laws. We served both sugar-free and regular cheesecake. There was so much food it was ridiculous! We were begging people to take leftovers with them. As for beverages, we served BOC soft drinks, iced tea and water.

We did not have any problems getting our requests. If anything, the biggest problem we had was figuring out what sugar-free options were feasible. They kind of asked us to figure it out rather than giving us a selection of things they can make sugar-free.

I'm sorry there are no pictures but we haven't received them yet! I'll try to post some in a few weeks.

My dessert party is in August in Epcot, Italy Isola,

Here is our menu at $35 per person:

Ice Cream Sundae Bar - Vanilla and Chocolate Ice cream, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, strawberry sauce oreo crumbs, sprinkles , cherries, whipped cream, peanuts and jimmies.

Mickey Waffles served with Strawberry Compote , maple syrup & whipped cream

Assorted fresh seasonal fruie with yogurt mango dip

Carrot Cake Cookies ( DHS inspired)

Fruit Punch, coffee & tea.

Without the carrot cake cookies it is $32 pp

I just asked my planner how much it would cost to add chicken to the mickey waffles. ;)

I second the marshmallow squares-they were the best dessert I've ever had in WDW!! We went with a modified version of the Marceline Dessert Buffet....
-Marshmallow squares
-Tie dyed cupcakes
-Assorted cookies
-Chocolate eclairs
-Triple chocolate trifle

We paid $24 per guest.

Thanks for sharing your menus with me! I definitely have to have the chocolate peanut butter crispy treats- regular rice krispy treats are my fave ;) Keep the ideas coming, I really enjoy the ideas. Also, if anyone has a link to other DP menus that would be great! I seem to remember a big thread regarding this before but can't locate it.

We are doing a small Fantasmic! dessert party. I wanted to keep the cost down as close to the minimum as possible, and requested fun basic desserts instead of anything fancy ;)

Here is what we're having:

Rice Crispy Bon Bons

Fairy Dusted Tie-Dye Cupcakes

Bags of Airy Cotton Candy

Lemonade, Coffees and Tea

$15++ per Guest based on 1 hour ($19.33 after tax and service)

Our Dessert Party for my son and his fiancé's wedding is this Friday night, June 13th! Boy, did I agonize over the menu--everything sounded so good!! We're having 73 people and the cost is $35.00 pp. Hope this helps!!

SUNDAE BAR: Vanilla and Chocolate Ice Cream served with Root Beer and Coke.
Toppings--Hot Fudge Sauce, Chocolate Syrup ( Mac's request), Caramel Sauce, Strawberry Sauce, Oreo Crumbs, Candy Pieces, Whipped Cream, Cherries, Nuts, and Jimmies.
Sponge Cake Cubes, Chocolate Fudge Brownie Bites, Banana and Strawberry Bites for Banana Splits and Strawberry Shortcakes

COOKIES: Mickey Chocolate Chip Cookies with Chocolate Dipped Ears
Minnie Sugar/Shortbread Cookies with Red Icing Dipped Ears
No sugar added Lemon Cookies
Chocolate-Peanut Butter-Marshmallow Bars/Squares

POPCORN BAR: Salted Caramel
Parmesan Buttered Popcorn

BEVERAGES: Fruit Punch, Coffees, Teas (included in menu price)
Soft Drinks, Unsweetened Iced Tea, Bottled Water and Milk (Billed on Consumption)

We are doing a small Fantasmic! dessert party. I wanted to keep the cost down as close to the minimum as possible, and requested fun basic desserts instead of anything fancy ;)

Here is what we're having:

Rice Crispy Bon Bons

Fairy Dusted Tie-Dye Cupcakes

Bags of Airy Cotton Candy

Lemonade, Coffees and Tea

$15++ per Guest based on 1 hour ($19.33 after tax and service)

Wow, that is really affordable! :cool1:

Our Dessert Party for my son and his fiancé's wedding is this Friday night, June 13th! Boy, did I agonize over the menu--everything sounded so good!! We're having 73 people and the cost is $35.00 pp. Hope this helps!!

SUNDAE BAR: Vanilla and Chocolate Ice Cream served with Root Beer and Coke.
Toppings--Hot Fudge Sauce, Chocolate Syrup ( Mac's request), Caramel Sauce, Strawberry Sauce, Oreo Crumbs, Candy Pieces, Whipped Cream, Cherries, Nuts, and Jimmies.
Sponge Cake Cubes, Chocolate Fudge Brownie Bites, Banana and Strawberry Bites for Banana Splits and Strawberry Shortcakes

COOKIES: Mickey Chocolate Chip Cookies with Chocolate Dipped Ears
Minnie Sugar/Shortbread Cookies with Red Icing Dipped Ears
No sugar added Lemon Cookies
Chocolate-Peanut Butter-Marshmallow Bars/Squares

POPCORN BAR: Salted Caramel
Parmesan Buttered Popcorn

BEVERAGES: Fruit Punch, Coffees, Teas (included in menu price)
Soft Drinks, Unsweetened Iced Tea, Bottled Water and Milk (Billed on Consumption)

Paula~ I'll be at Disney on the 13th!!! I'll wave if I see ya :thumbsup2 I love the popcorn idea, I've been toying with that but didn't know they did different flavors! I LOVE the plain buttered "Disney Popcorn" popcorn::

My dessert party is in August in Epcot, Italy Isola,

Here is our menu at $35 per person:

Ice Cream Sundae Bar - Vanilla and Chocolate Ice cream, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, strawberry sauce oreo crumbs, sprinkles , cherries, whipped cream, peanuts and jimmies.

Mickey Waffles served with Strawberry Compote , maple syrup & whipped cream

Assorted fresh seasonal fruie with yogurt mango dip

Carrot Cake Cookies ( DHS inspired)

Fruit Punch, coffee & tea.

Without the carrot cake cookies it is $32 pp

I just asked my planner how much it would cost to add chicken to the mickey waffles. ;)

OMG MICKEY WAFFLES!!!! Never thought of that!

Is there a list of all the choices for dessert party somewhere?

When I said I was having a dessert party, they sent me sample menus, however I'm not having anything from the sample menus except Mickey rice crispy treats (forgot to mention those above). They'll really make whatever desserts your heart desires- or, if you say desserts you like, they'll come up with something for them. I said my mom liked pie, so it was their idea to make the mini pies in tons of different flavors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter