Dessert Party Questions

KaLyn

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I have a question...

We've done Wishes one time just my husband and myself. This time we will have a double stroller with us and a three year old that can't sit still and wait for the life of her (the 6 year old is perfectly fine). And my husband hates large crowds like what forms on Main Street while waiting for the fireworks to start. I'm thinking the dessert party would be prefect for us!

Perks for us would be the low crowds, away from the masses of people on Main Street, my DD could walk around a little without me feeling like ages going to get lost, we can easily leave the party an head to the 2nd electrical parade that night and of course the desserts (duh!) and the view (ohhhh, that view!) Does anyone else think this is a good option for us? Is the price worth it? Or am I thinking about it completely wrong where it's more of an adult thing? I guess I should ask too if kids that age are even allowed.

Little ones are definitely allowed in. The tickets are approx $25 per adult & $14-ish for the kids (age 3-9). I really enjoyed doing it, but I'm not sure if I would do it again. I enjoyed the desserts, and really loved the view. When I did it in February of this year they assigned tables based on when you bought your tickets--if they still do that AND you're able to buy tickets as early as they come available then you'll have a view from the front and you'll be able to sit and relax in relatively uncrowded space. Some people who had tables in the back ended up moving forward to see better, but because our table was right on the railing that didn't impact us.

If spending almost $80 on the tickets won't break your bank then it's a neat experience. You won't get $80 in desserts, but you'll get some tasty sweets & fruit. (I believe they had coffee & lemonade to drink) I have been frustrated by getting crowded during fireworks shows in the past, and I appreciated getting a chance to relax and watch the show for a while.

If $80 is too much then I'd recommend watching the MK fireworks from the Polynesian beach one night. They pipe the music over, the kids can run around, and then you're just a boat ride or monorail ride away from the MK or TTC to get back to your hotel.

Thanks for your thoughts! This will be our girls first trip (and likely last trip for at least the next 5 but possibly 10 years) so we're trying to do as much as we can this trip to make it as magical as we can. Next time we go, they will probably be teenagers! I think the price works out decently considering how our family would benefit compared to standing with 1,000s of others, all cramped together.

Yes! It is so worth doing for the reasons you listed. We have done it twice now with 2 or 3 kids and always a double stroller. Not having to park yourself on a curb for an hour while trying to entertain squirmy kids is worth a lot in my mind! Plus, the tables are reserved for each specific party so there's no need to even show up right when the party starts. You could come 10-15 minutes late and still have plenty of food and time before it starts. And now there's the pre-fireworks light show on the castle which helps to entertain the kiddos. Also, it's just really nice to have an actual chair to sit on and watch the show after a long day on your feet in the parks. But, the tickets are not cheap so it's definitely not "worth it" for everyone. If you budget allows, then for sure go for it this trip!

We just returned from our Disney adventure today. We did the dessert party on Wednesday night and loved it. The desserts were good and plentiful but the real compensation is not fighting for the curb on Main Street. It was so relaxing. People do move to the rail when the show begins and depending upon where you are seated you might have to in order to see the fireworks but even then it was much less hassle and stress then the Main Street crowd. Tinker Bell flies right over you, which was an added bonus for our daughter. There were plenty of little ones there. We ate a late lunch at BOG and the desserts were our dinner that night! Who doesn't love dessert for dinner!

I have an ADR for this in November. Curious as to how long this typically lasts - an hour or so?
Thank you!

I have an ADR for this in November. Curious as to how long this typically lasts - an hour or so?
Thank you!

From what I've read, you are allowed in an hour before the fireworks start and it's over when the fireworks end, so 90ish minutes tops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter