• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dessert Parties return to the Magic Kingdom & also California Grill

Still not seeing any EPCOT Dessert Parties for Dec dates I have access too.... must not have loaded them yet. Hopefully now that the big Oct 1 Celebration is behind them, they can get on with this. (Tapping my foot...)

Still not seeing any EPCOT Dessert Parties for Dec dates I have access too.... must not have loaded them yet. Hopefully now that the big Oct 1 Celebration is behind them, they can get on with this. (Tapping my foot...)

It seems like they would have announced a Harmonious dessert party when they announced them for MK...for the 50th and kick off of the new show! So far all I've seen are the FW dining packages at SRT and R&C.

It seems like they would have announced a Harmonious dessert party when they announced them for MK...for the 50th and kick off of the new show! So far all I've seen are the FW dining packages at SRT and R&C.
And neither of them are open for Dec dates yet.... I'm well within my 60+10 days.... should have been able to book these. Friend is hoping also for a Frozen party but that's not even on the lists of Enchanted Extras.... sigh. Not real speedy with these...

And neither of them are open for Dec dates yet.... I'm well within my 60+10 days.... should have been able to book these. Friend is hoping also for a Frozen party but that's not even on the lists of Enchanted Extras.... sigh. Not real speedy with these...

Agree...I read a rumor it's a staffing issue, but who knows? I feel like it's got to be such an easy money maker for them I can't believe they wouldn't have an option at Epcot already running! Fingers crossed for our trips!

Same. It's frustrating.

If I remember correctly the Frozen Dessert party was contracted out and not by Disney like the Magic Kingdom one. Hopefully they're working out the details soon!

The beer and wine election looked underwhelming (cheap). Bud light and blue moon were the only beers. Look, this isn’t an open bar I get it, but imo Disney should put a little effort in for $100. I’d rather have one good glass of wine than 2 from a $11 bottle.

I did see this and I’m underwhelmed with the dessert selection. I’m considering canceling our 10/11 reservation. I mainly booked it due to COVID and wanting to have a bit of space, but it’s a high price to pay. We did a SW dessert party in 2017 and it was amazing.

We have 4 boys (two Disney adults, a 5 year old, and a 2 year old). I don’t think they will like much of that selection. I was hoping for a cake pop or rice krispy treat for them. After dropping $455 on a dessert party, I will probably end up buying them ice cream after it.

I feel same, those desserts look very underwhelming. Seems like three are different versions of pudding in a cup. and a plate of cheese ? I hope they at least throw in some cookies or a cupcake .I agree with others, sadly I may be cancelling my reservations.

I see we no longer choose where we can sit. I will be unhappy beans if I pay that much to be stuck far under the roof.

We have always been directed to assigned tables. First time we did this was March 2015 and they seated us. The plus then was when the fireworks started everyone got up and stood at the rail so it wasn't as big an issue.

Subsequently I asked how they are assigned and was told in order of booking. The assigned seating and staying seated is why we have only booked Terrace viewing now.

We have always been directed to assigned tables. First time we did this was March 2015 and they seated us. The plus then was when the fireworks started everyone got up and stood at the rail so it wasn't as big an issue.

Subsequently I asked how they are assigned and was told in order of booking. The assigned seating and staying seated is why we have only booked Terrace viewing now.
Good to know! Hopefully we'll get a good table.
We're disappointed by the food selection this time, but I think we're going to just be grateful to be out of the crowds at this point. Roll with the punches this trip.

Good to know! Hopefully we'll get a good table.
We're disappointed by the food selection this time, but I think we're going to just be grateful to be out of the crowds at this point. Roll with the punches this trip.

Last time we went the food was less than we expected - especially for the price. 😒

Def follow others reviews on where the tables are for the seated viewing. It would be disappointing to have to view from your table if the view is obstructed by the roof.

I feel same, those desserts look very underwhelming. Seems like three are different versions of pudding in a cup. and a plate of cheese ? I hope they at least throw in some cookies or a cupcake .I agree with others, sadly I may be cancelling my reservations.
Same. I know it's a dessert party, but they used to have a few more savory options. Cheese and crackers is pretty lame. They also got rid of the ice cream bar and the cupcake (or was it cookies?) decorating station. At this point I'm TBD on our November reservation. I'd like to hear some reviews from those who don't get the "ideal" seats along the railing too.

I was shocked there wasn't any more savory snacks ! While I hadn't needed a full meal, I was hoping for something that allowed me to eat a late lunch - and use the snacks as a light dinner. But this is SO much sugar without enough balance (yes, I know it's a dessert party - but past dessert parties had several savory choices)

(For comparisons - here's Disney Food Blog's 2020 Review of HEA Party VS Disney Food Blog's Review of Enchantment After Party)

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it seems as if none of the food needs to be kept warm in this version of the dessert party which probably means less equipment and maybe even fewer staff. I have the party twice on my next trip, but this is definitely making me think of dropping one of those.

Last edited:
I was shocked there wasn't any more savory snacks ! While I hadn't needed a full meal, I was hoping for something that allowed me to eat a late lunch - and use the snacks as a light dinner. But this is SO much sugar without enough balance (yes, I know it's a dessert party - but past dessert parties had several savory choices)

(For comparisons - here's Disney Food Blog's 2020 Review of HEA Party VS Disney Food Blog's Review of Enchantment After Party)

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it seems as if none of the food needs to be kept warm in this version of the dessert party which probably means less equipment and maybe even fewer staff. I have the party twice on my next trip, but this is definitely making me think of dropping one of those.
Agreed! Especially about the savory and warmed options. I had two parties (Seats and Treats) as well and dropped it down to one 😞 I figured for the price of this and my anticipated Celebration at the Top, we could almost pay for Discovery Cove for the day (Dolphin Swim version) so that's what I've reserved instead. Better value for our money imo.

Agreed! Especially about the savory and warmed options. I had two parties (Seats and Treats) as well and dropped it down to one 😞 I figured for the price of this and my anticipated Celebration at the Top, we could almost pay for Discovery Cove for the day (Dolphin Swim version) so that's what I've reserved instead. Better value for our money imo.

I haven't yet cancelled one of my dessert parties - but I know it's best to cancel at least one. Even though it's just me for a big portion of this trip. If it had included at least a couple more savory items (and the Ooey-Gooey Toffee Cake) I would keep both.

I posted this in the other dessert party thread.

I attended the Treats and Seats party last Saturday. Check in was listed as 7:00. We arrived at 6:45. There were already a few people seated. The CM who seated us walked around like he was trying to decide where to put us. He chose a table behind another party. There was still a table right up against the railing, so I asked if we could have that one. He said ok and moved us. So, the seating wasn’t preselected that night. It never hurts to ask nicely!

We enjoyed the food and drinks, but I do wish they had the egg rolls and ooey gooey toffee cake like in the before. My only real complaint is that they didn’t pipe in the music and announcer. We had several tables of loud kids around us, and I have no idea what the announcer said.

Overall, it was expensive but I think it was worth the splurge for us. My friend could not have stood in the crowds or waited for the show after staking out a good place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter