Dessert only!

JanMary

Earning My Ears
Hi

This should maybe be posted in Dinning forum but wanted some fellow brits reactions first.

If we are park hopping or having a relaxing day away from the parks and just go to a park for the evening after having eaten our main meal - is it possible to go to a table service restaurant just for dessert? Would this be frowned upon or discouraged? Presumably you cant make a reservation for this?

Finally - where do you get the best desserts in each of the parks?

Thanks

Not sure if you can but you be totally nuts to do this :) Your best bet is to use your dinning plan for a couple of 2 point table services and when you want desert only hit beaches and cream at the Beach Club resort next to Epcot. Or go to Chargrill (wrong spelling) in downtown Disney for a good desert.

Unfortunately we aren't doing the dinning plan. We are staying off-site in a villa. We are going mid January for 2 weeks.

I think you could do this. I think I remember reading something about it. You wouldn't be able to make ressies and probably couldn't get in at peak times, but it is worth going up to the podium and asking :)

Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club and Ghirardelli's at DTD you can pop in for dessert at anytime. For park or resort restaurants....well I have had some lovely desserts it would be hard to choose. Some of the Creme Brulee's are yum :)

Good luck chosing, have a peak at the menus Menu's.

I have read in lots of places you can do this, but I must admit I have never tried this myself :)

It would`nt hurt to ask! If that fails you can get great cakes at the Fountain View Cafe in Epcot plus the counter service in France (can`t spell patisserie!), oh and the bakery in Norway.
I would love to try the chocolate wave dessert at the Coral Reef restaurant.

check out www.allearsnet.com
you can look at the menus at all disney restaurants-in the parks,resort hotels and downtown disney. You will be able to find your favorite. wonderland cafe(downtown disney-westside) has tons of cheesecake choices,Ghiradellis at downtown disney has lots of great desserts and Rainforest cafe-if you want to sit down and have some atmosphere-while you eat ,also raglan road has a great bread pudding dessert and great entertainment. ENJOY
I think it is fine to just go for dessert if it is late at night since most restaurants are not busy then

From what I've read this is quite common in the US to go to a restaurant just for a dessert, or even eat dinner at one restaurant and then move on to have dessert at another.

Whether a restaurant in Disney would welcome you doing this I guess would depend on how busy they are - I'm sure they would rather give a table to someone spending money on a full meal than someone just eating a dessert :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter