Dessert only???

tink1953

Tink rocks!!!!!!!
Is there a table service place that you can just get dessert ?? I don't care for some of the menu items, especially at Be our Guest

Th dessert menu at BOG is the same at lunch, I believ. Maybe there is something at lunch you would like?

As long as it isn't a buffet, you should be allowed to order whatever you want. I don't believe there are any rules saying you have to order an entree.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

It's so cool that we CAN just have dessert at BOG -I agree that the dinner menu just seems too "heavy" and since we're trying to maximize the short amount of time it looks like dessert and possibly a few appetizers will probably do best. Has any one ever had trouble with cast members getting frustrated that you've ordered only dessert?

If I were in it solely for the dessert I would book the Tomorrowland terrace dessert party!!! Holy moley!!!

I hadn't heard of that but sounds interesting- the thing is, it's not in Belle's ballroom, which is the real draw, don't you think?

Servers should not be "frustrated" or display rude behavior to a guest if they do not order an entree. If this happens, it is not standard procedure.

If you just want dessert and to see the ballroom, I'd go with lunch at BOG. The dessert menu is the same at lunch as it is at dinner. Plus when you are done with your dessert you can look in all the other rooms, that would be more awkward to do at dinner. And you get to see the talking suits of armor.

If you're going for dinner with others who are planning on ordering meals or appetizers and all you want is a cupcake, then go ahead and just order the cupcake. If a server gave me crap about that I'd probably want to say something to the manager. If your entire party is only going to order desserts, the desserts are small and you won't get to spend much time in the ballroom. I'd recommend lunch for that.

Thanks for the replys...I didn't think about doing appetizers thats a good idea too..

I asked because we went into a small resturant next to our hotel in NYC, sat down, server came over to take our order, no problem...then a manager came over and asked us to leave, said we couldn't just order dessert...boy were we mad...the nerve, it wasn't even busy there were plenty of tables available...I had never heard of such a thing..

As all of the PP have indicated, there should be no problem just ordering a dessert at a TS venue. The servers should be fine with that. Just remember, whether you order a full meal or just the dessert, you'll still want to consider making an ADR. Most TS places are not equip to handle "to go orders" regardless of the amount of food ordered. You might be able to get a walk-up seating, but if you know for sure you want to eat somewhere (even if it's just for dessert), I'd still make an ADR to be sure I get a table.

I'm starting to think we might just do apps & desserts only, too. The food pics I've seen so far just don't look that good to me... :sad: But, I MUST go!!!!!

Just going to BoG for dessert would be a waist(lol) of time. They serve cupcakes. I mean I enjoyed my triple chocolate cupcake both times I had it. But it is a cupcake and not a huge one either. There are soooooo many other places that have truly yummy desserts! BTW we loved both lunch and dinner at BoG. Steak sandwich at lunch and steaks for dinner. DDIL enjoyed the ratatouille too!

Ro Z said:
Just going to BoG for dessert would be a waist(lol) of time. They serve cupcakes. I mean I enjoyed my triple chocolate cupcake both times I had it. But it is a cupcake and not a huge one either. There are soooooo many other places that have truly yummy desserts! BTW we loved both lunch and dinner at BoG. Steak sandwich at lunch and steaks for dinner. DDIL enjoyed the ratatouille too!

Was the steak fatty? My food snob family only likes filets. I'm afraid they'd hate it. :sad:

I don't think the cupcakes look good either. I just want to go there. :goodvibes:

if we do an appetizer/ dessert type meal- we always (given decent service) tip a higher % to help the server make up for the loss of revenue. My wife and I both had hospitality jobs when we were young and are sensitive to this-

Was the steak fatty? My food snob family only likes filets. I'm afraid they'd hate it. :sad:

I don't think the cupcakes look good either. I just want to go there. :goodvibes:

DS27. Won't touch a piece of meat with any fat. He went from chix fingers around age 12 right to filets! Most of the time he will order chicken if filet isn't offered. He wastes more food. No roast beef because there is no 'crust' for lack of a better word. Doesn't like the edges of a boneless pork chop. Well you get the idea! ( wow I didn't realise how strange he is. Lololo) Anyway....he really enjoyed his steak. It was cooked just the way he ordered it. And not fatty.

I have an ADR for BOG at 8:30 in the evening for dessert....I didn't want to waste 30-45 minutes navigating a line at lunch to see the restaurant. I am not eating at dinner time so hopefully no one is angry with us --and I planned it this way

Ro Z said:
DS27. Won't touch a piece of meat with any fat. He went from chix fingers around age 12 right to filets! Most of the time he will order chicken if filet isn't offered. He wastes more food. No roast beef because there is no 'crust' for lack of a better word. Doesn't like the edges of a boneless pork chop. Well you get the idea! ( wow I didn't realise how strange he is. Lololo) Anyway....he really enjoyed his steak. It was cooked just the way he ordered it. And not fatty.

Thanks! I go back and forth on this one... I think I'm just going to make them try it. :)

I have an ADR for BOG at 8:30 in the evening for dessert....I didn't want to waste 30-45 minutes navigating a line at lunch to see the restaurant. I am not eating at dinner time so hopefully no one is angry with us --and I planned it this way

That was my idea - why wait in line if you can have an ADR later in the eve? My only hope is that this isn't going to be seen as cheating the system, because a lot of time we eat a big lunch and just want a little dessert later anyway.

Our dinner there was wonderful!!!!
I highly recommend the shrimp and scallops! It was amazing!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter