Dessert Inn or Tropicana Inn

We stayed in a C-2 suite at DI&S back in Jan/Feb. There were six of us. We liked having three different sleeping area. My grandson took the entry room and slept on the sleeper sofa. The kids took the back room and the middle room was the snoring room. It worked out great! When we need that much room we'll stay there again.

Our next trip is for a smaller group and have booked the Tropicana. My granddaughter likes the looks of the pool from their website. We'll be there 7 nights and I'm sure there will be time for the pool this trip.

Both locations are very near the entry crosswalk. Which is a big plus at the end of the day.

I've read reviews on the Tropicana and I feel it will be as nice and clean as we found the DI&S.

Geemo

I have stayed at both and would pick the Tropicana hands down over the DI&S!!!

We've stayed at the Tropicana 2 years running and are planning our next summer trip there as well. The pool is wonderful, it is saltwater. We love how close it is and it does have a small gift shop as well as a small (but spendy) grocery store.

When I looked the rooms seemed comparable, both have 2 queen beds, mini fridge, close to park. The Tropicana will not offer breakfast after Jan 1, 2014. While the desert in does. Price wise the desert inn ends up being cheaper by about $260.00 for our stay. I have not seen anything on Tropicana regarding a resort fee, $75 Does not seem right? Can anyone else comment on this? Desert inn is $4.00. In reality its a room to sleep in, I care that it is clean and close to the park, i will have a 4 year old along.

I'll be checking into Tropicana on the 27th and have not heard anything about the $75 a day resort fee, I do not think that is true. I booked directly through Disney on a good neighbor package.

The desert inn has king sized beds in every room, a full sized fridge, champagne on ice, truffles waiting for you on the antique mantle, while the tropicanna has ubiquitous twin sized beds, no fridges, gray stained carpets, weird smelling drapes, and they charge 13.50 per night for wifi and $20 per day for parking. also there is a $75 per day resort fee. Have you thought about the grand Californian? Very affordable and really close to the parks. Hope this helps.

I believe they call this sarcasm. No, there is not a $75 resort fee. Disregard this post, someone's just having fun with you:thumbsup2

The desert inn has king sized beds in every room, a full sized fridge, champagne on ice, truffles waiting for you on the antique mantle, while the tropicanna has ubiquitous twin sized beds, no fridges, gray stained carpets, weird smelling drapes, and they charge 13.50 per night for wifi and $20 per day for parking. also there is a $75 per day resort fee. Have you thought about the grand Californian? Very affordable and really close to the parks. Hope this helps.

Not true!!! I just stayed there! I did not pay anything for parking and no resort fee. I can't comment on internet because I just use my phone on it's 4g, not wifi. There is no way there is a $75 resort fee!!!

Also, the rooms were very nice! They were at least full beds, if not queens, no way were they twins! Everything was fresh and clean! We loved our stay at the Tropicana!!

We stayed at the DI&S a few years ago and the Tropicana in June of this year. The rooms at Tropicana felt like maybe they had been updated more recently, the DI&S rooms were a little more run down. Not falling apart or anything, just kind of worn. Both had minimal breakfast options. We didn't use the pool at either place but Tropicana's is outdoors while DI&S is indoor. They're both about the same distance from the crosswalk although DI&S might be a few feet closer. I don't remember any resort fees at Tropicana but there was a parking charge. Can't remember how much because we didn't have a car with us. Wifi was free at both hotels for our stays. The signal was much, much better at Tropicana but that could be based on room location. Both had a mini-fridge and microwave. The DI&S room we stayed in had a small living room type area, which was nice for unwinding in front of the TV at night while the kids sleep.

We would stay at either of these hotels again. Which one would depend on how much room we needed. If it's just my wife and I, we'd probably go with Tropicana (king bed room was perfect for the two of us). If the kids are with us again, probably DI&S for the extra space. I don't think a budget traveler with realistic expectations can really go wrong at either location.

We usually stay at the Tropicana and like it because the rates are reasonable, the place is clean, and the location is great! Easy walking distance to the main gates. What more could you ask for? Happy hotel hunting!

We are staying at the Tropicana next week! We were originally going to stay at the Motel 6 Maingate but my mom decided she wanted to stay within walking distance.

We stayed at the Tropicana the last two trips, no frills but everything was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was OK, pool was nice. Will be staying there again next trip this Oct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter