• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dessert ideas at the parks

chisafam

Earning My Ears
Traveling in September to WDW. Looking for ideas for a fun dessert/special meal ideas. We're doing lunch at Cinderella's, and can afford to do one other special meal/dessert. Other than the fireworks dessert buffet, what other options are there? Anything at the other parks worth considering? (For a point of reference, we like the dessert buffet idea, so something similar would be helpful.). Character meals are not necessary, and we've got two girls 7 and 11. Thank you!

If you're not looking for character meals, then CRT is probably not worth it. The food definitely isn't stellar and the price is pretty high. I'd go to BOG instead. Food is better, you get to see more of the castle than at CRT, and the atmosphere is way cooler/more interesting. It can be super tough to get a reservation there but if you can, I think it's worth it. Do the dinner, not lunch though.

Biergarten in Epcot was a lot of fun for our family. Gorgeous and authentic inside, good food for buffet food (the pear dessert was one of my faves of the trip!), and entertainment with a dance floor. Our daughter is younger than your kids (5), but she had a blast.

If you're looking for a splurge on price kind of experience, Hoop Dee Doo Revue was a lot of fun and people seem to recommend it constantly. The show is a lot of fun for all ages and the comfort food is good. I still think it's pricey for what it is, but then, it's Disney. :rolleyes: It's a lot easier to swallow these on the DP. ;)

If you're looking for a really good dinner that combines fireworks, dining at Rose & Crown Pub in Epcot is a great choice. It was my favorite meal of our trip (bear in mind we didn't do any signature restaurants), and our 7:20 reservation worked out perfectly for getting an outside table that was front row for Illuminations. It's also not nearly as expensive as CRT

I'm not aware of any other dessert themed special experiences.

I agree CRT is NOT WORTH IT. If you want your daughters to experience one character meal do Askershus Royal Storybook meal for breakfast. It is much cheaper; better food and character interaction and more princesses than CRT.

My other meal would DEFINITELY be at Sanaa. Very good food with view of animals. Go before it gets dark out and try to get a window table. If you go for dinner my suggestion would be to get an early ADR like around 5PM.

If character meals for your daughters are not necessary than besides Sanaa I would go to Via Napoli (only good pizza on Disney property). Or if you can afford a signature go to Cali Grill or Narcoossee's (vanilla almond cheesecake desert YUMMY) so you can watch fire works while eating.

I disagree with the others & think CRT is better than PSB @ Akershus. To me, it's definitely worth it at least once. We see PSB as no more than a character meal with princesses. CRT is a dining experience where we all can feel like a princess.

For a special dessert experience, you could share the kitchen sink at Beaches & Cream @ Beach Club. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...he-kitchen-sink-dessert-at-walt-disney-world/ It's very reasonable for a special family treat. That may leave some money for another treat later. To get there from Epcot, take the Boardwalk exit in World Showcase. Beach Club is on the right.

For that other treat I mentioned ;), the Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian would be great with your DDs & it's very reasonable also. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/garden-view-tea-room/ You can order as much or as little as you like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter