Despicable Me on Disney Channel?

Mickey'sApprentice

Shamelessly demand, it works bette
How is Despicable Me on Disney channel? Did Disney buy the rights from Universal or Dreamworks? Makes me wonder if we'll be able to buy minions in WDW soon.

I was just about to ask the same question! (watching it now on Disney Channel)...

It also aired on ABC and ABC Family. Disney has some syndication rights from Universal, and Despicable Me happens to be one of them.

I assume NBC-Universal owns TV rights since they own the film/home market distribution rights. NBC and Univeral merged of course, same company.

Disney must've bought the rights to air it. The most surprising part is that Disney would essentially promote the popularity of a rivals money making franchise machine but I guess Disney said the heck with, it'll be just as popular if we DONT air it so might as well join 'em and boost ratings.

NBC-Universal could've been interested in selling because it's a win for them getting the exposure perhaps and they don't have a "family" channel do they?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter