Desperately Seeking Comfortable Sandals

Tybalt

Mouseketeer
While counting down the days (60) until my husband and I :hug: leave for our Disney World anniversary trip, I realized :idea: that it's time I found a pair of comfortable sandals to wear around the parks.

Every year, I wait until the last minute, and every year my feet :worship: lament my tendency to procrastinate. I have purchased many "comfortable" sandals in the past, and even though I have recently decided that price is no obstacle when it comes to finding comfortable sandals (gym shoes are just not for me), I still have not found "the ones." :thumbsup2

So, my feet and I are hoping :woohoo: for some help in solving our comfort conundrum. Does anyone have any great suggestions for comfortable brands or styles of shoes to wear around Disney for a week? :confused3

I look forward :cheer2: to hearing from you. :surfweb:

~Tybalt princess: :wizard:

I have 2 pair that I love :) my basic reef flip flops(I forget the style name right now but I will look it up in the am and repost)

And I love my crocs that look like cute little flats :) these are actually my work shoes so I wear them standing for 8+ hours a day and my feet never hurt :)

I also like my under armour sandals, more sporty so they don't look as "cute" but they are comfy :)

These are not the prettiest things in the world they are comfortable: Pirate Sandals (you might know them by another name that begins with a "T" (.)(.)-though it's not spelled the same I don't want to actually spell it in case of kiddies)

ORIGINAL%20BLUE%20DETAIL.jpg

There has been TONS of threads about the perfect shoes for Disney and it all comes down to personal preference, although there are the main faves. All you have to do is search for "shoes" in this thread and you'll come up with tons of results with people discussing just this!

Hope your feet stay happy no matter what you go with!

What I did was take the suggestions I've read on here and then went to a store with lots of the sandals and tried them for myself.

I LOVED my Teva Pretty Rugged leather sandals. They were/are SO comfortable with no breaking in time at all. Unfortunately, about a year later, I got Plantar Fasciitis, which means I now absolutely NEED arch support so the Teva Pretty Rugged sandals were no longer a good option for me. :(

So then I needed to do new sandal/flip flop research on the best ones for my condition.

I ended up getting THESEflip flops, yes, flip flops, and they are SO comfy with great arch support. They are called "Orthaheel Women's Tide Thong Sandals" but they are flip flops. They are a bit pricey but they are so worth it as they are the most comfortable flip flops I've ever owned. :thumbsup2

Just as an FYI, my foot doctor told me the Crocs are the worst shoes to wear with this condition. Now arch or heel support at all.

Now, if you are prone to hot spots/blisters as well as the aches and pains, I'd recommend bringing some antipersperant or some Bodyglide or Blistershield and put some on each morning before you put your shoes on. It will help prevent the hot spots/blisters.

Also, have a change of shoes so you aren't wearing the same shoes every single day.

Motrin and soaking your feet each night and peppermint cream all help keep you feet happy when you are at Disney for a week. :thumbsup2

Good luck!!

saok you feet in epsalt and Johnson foot soap.Don't soak your feet in both of them at the same time.Soak your feet in one of them one night than the other the next night.

Crocs Patricia are super comfy and I have 54-year-old feet so I NEED comfort! I wear them to the water parks too because they can get wet. I've even worn them to the office!

My favorite sandals are Birkenstocks and Chacos. I don't do flip flops and have somewhat wide feet, although not wide enough to need a wide.

Hands down- ECCO:worship::worship:.
They run about $130 but it's the best $$$ I ever spent!

I also wore the Crocs "Patricia" our entire visit last year. My feet never got tired and we went from daylight to dark. They will be going with me again this year! YAY :cool1:

I had been wearing my regular tennis shoes up until last year and my feet killed me. Last year I bought a pair of Sketcher tone ups fit flops and was going to switch up every other day wearing my tennis shoes 1 day and the fit flops the next day. When we went to Disney last year day 1 I wore my Sketcher tone up fit flops and never once did my feet hurt, day 2 I wore my tennis shoes and couldn't get back to the resort fast enough that night. Needless to say I stayed in my Sketcher tone up fit flops the rest of our days. They are still very comfortable and I have bought another pair in a different color this year and may buy another before we go in Sept. They are around $40-$50 but very well worth it.

I am pretty pathetic when it comes to shoes; if there is a way to screw up my feet I will find it! I have been through a lot of Disney walking shoes over the years. I know which ones will give me blisters, make my feet stinky and/or make my arches ache. But everyone's foot is different and what brand works for me may not work for you. (For me it is Merrell BTW)

The best advice I can give you is go out and buy something tomorrow or the next day and start wearing them Every Single Day until you leave for your trip. Don't be stupid shoes girl (I own that title dangit) and think "these are so cute, I want them all sparkly and pretty for my trip so I will save them". That is like the kiss of death for your feet!

Get 'em now, start wearing 'em now. Break those bad boys in so you will have comfortable shoes that your feet will appreciate.

I am a flip flop diva and live in them year around. Up until a couple of years ago I would have recommended Teva Mush. I go to WDW several times a year and lived in my Teva Mush. I have over 20 pairs of them.:rotfl:

However, a couple of years ago I developed plantar fascitis and could no longer wear my beloved Teva Mush for long periods. I hate tennis shoes, so was determined to find some comfortable flip flops with good arch support. After spending hundreds of dollars I found a few. In order, my favorites are Olu'Kai Ohanas, Sketcher Tone Ups, Orthoheels Wave or Orthaheel Tide, Fit Flops, or Montrail Molokini's. None of them are cheap, but sooooo worth the price for their comfort.

Like someone else said though, be sure to change your shoes out at least once a day. I usually wear my Olu'Kai Ohanas in the morning and switch to the Tone Ups for the evenings, then the next day switch that order. Rub your feet with Body Glide in the mornings, apply sunscreen, flex your feet and wriggle your ankles several times a day, soak your feet at night and apply lotion looking for any hot spots that may be developing. If you find a hot spot during the day immediatly apply mole skin. I also take Mobic 15mg for my plantar fasciitis every morning. Since my feet have a tendency to swell in the Florida humidty and heat, I also always have my doctor write me a prescription for Lasix to take only as needed. If they swell, they hurt, so Lasix takes care of that.

My feet are picky. I wear custom orthotics when I wear tennis shoes--and usually prefer to wear a good running shoe at WDW but in the summer months, those aren't always the most comfortable. I have tried several different brands of shoes for WDW...

I have a couple pairs of Keens but they hit me wrong on the ankle--so I can't wear them all day. (But I wish I could because I like the styles with the covered toes--extra protection when walking in the WDW crowds!)

I have a pair of Teva Mush flip flops. Usually I don't like flip flops at all--but these are awesome. However for WDW, I need more support for my feet for walking all day.

My FAVE sandals for all day are my eccos! They are expensive (as a PP said, $130) but they are really worth it. Here's a link to them http://www.zappos.com/search/brand/54/filter/zc1/%22Shoes%22/zc2/%22Sandals%22/txAttrFacet_Occasion/%22Athletic%22/sort/recentSales/desc/

Happy shoe hunting!

Thanks for the sharing the info on the shoes and plantar fasciitis , the only thing my doc told me was to buy the braces you sleep in. Having a better shoe for the summer is exciting. I have already googled and plan to hit up my nearest Sears asap!

Thanks for the sharing the info on the shoes and plantar fasciitis , the only thing my doc told me was to buy the braces you sleep in. Having a better shoe for the summer is exciting. I have already googled and plan to hit up my nearest Sears asap!

:goodvibes

Most comfortable flip flop I've ever owned since having plantar fasciitis:

Orthaheel Tide

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter