Desperately need help planning a Seaworld trip at Christmas!

Jenny-momof3

DIS Veteran
Never been to Seaworld but really want to go for a few days at Christmas! I'm having a terrible time finding much info. Really hoping some of you can help me!

We're looking at adding in a few days at Seaworld prior to checking in at Disney. Would be there Dec. 26-27 or Dec. 27-28.

Want to stay at an onsite resort...looks like Reniassance is the only one that sleeps 5. Mainly wanting to stay onsite for free parking and the Quick Queue! I've read that Quick Queue is first come first serve. I'm worried that they'll all be gone for the day at our resort when we arrive...thus kind of wasting our money by staying onsite if I have to buy it in addition.

If I book a package I can get the all you can eat dining for free. But is it only for 1 day? I can't find anywhere if it's for the length of your stay or only one day. And are the tickets good for 1 day only as well?

Any info you can give me to get this booked would be great!

Hi!

So we will also be staying at renissaince for two days before our wilderness lodge vacay. We will be there Nov 25 and 26.

Quick Que- No idea about the 1stcome 1st serve. We probably won't even try for it since its for bigger rides and we have a 4 year old whose even scared of winnie the pooh!

the stay and eat free all day only applies to one of the days if I remember correctly. I asked the lady at Renissaince and I am 90% sure she said we get the park tickets for two days but can only eat free one of the days.

Park info- it stinks b/c SW doesn't give out schedule info way in advance like WDW does. I keep looking for the schedule for the Sunday we will be there and they are only giving info out up until September. I remember calling back in June and asking about info for the Christmas shows and the lady pretty much laughed and said that info won't be around until the fall. I guess it may be because most of their shows have to do with live animals and you never know whats going to happen up until the last minute? my guess at least.

I do know that the time you are going there will definitely be the christmas shows going on. I heard recently that the christmas shows are in the earlier portion of the day and end at 4pm. Don't quote me though, since I just heard it on disboards one time.

Ive heard great things about renissaince and even if you don't get the QQ, I feel it's still an awesome place to stay and you can't beat the convenience.

Have fun and good luck planning. If you find any information out, let me know!

btw- We went to SW last year at the end of September and I was able to go on manta and kracken over and over again since I was just by myself and there was barely any line for those that were going in couples. I suggest your older kids just go individually if theres a wait and you can't get the QQ.

Have fun!!

We are booked onsite at SeaWorld for Christmas (December 23rd - 30th) so maybe I can help.

We are at the Residence Inn SeaWorld in one bedroom suite. They should sleep 5 with no problem, as there are two queen beds in the bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the living room. Rates include a complimentary buffet breakfast daily. It might be an option for you as well as the Rennaissance. Both properties include the same onsite benefits (free Quick Queue, free transportation to the parks, etc.).

Quick Queue availability is first come, first served. I doubt we will get ours on arrival day either, but you never know. Hope springs eternal, and Christmas is the season for miracles :) . We have other alternate activities planned for our arrival day in the event that we don't want to brave the crowds at the parks without the QQ passes.

The "eat free" package gives you free all day dining for each person for ONE park day at SeaWorld. It also gives you one day SW tickets. If you add Aquatica to your package (I think for an extra $25 pp or something similar) it upgrades your tickets to length of stay for both parks AND gives you the free all-day dining at Aquatica for ONE day. An excellent value :thumbsup2 .

Santa's Fireside Feast and Dine with Shamu are both open for reservations for the Christmas season if you are interested in booking either event.

Let me know if you have any other questions that I might be able to help with!

Like Gina mentioned, the Springhill Suites at Seaworld has a room with two beds and a sofa. We loved the modern room. The toilet is also separate from the shower so with multiple people, you get more privacy. There is a divider desk area between the sofa area and the beds.
There is complimentary breakfast available. We usually send my hubby down early to get the QQ tickets. You shouldn't have a problem. Also, ask for a stuffed Shamu for the kids when you register. Both my kids received one but you have to ask. The neighbor hotel, Fairfield Inn, gives out dolphins.
I have heard the Renaissance is older. I noticed more convention people staying there and it is more expensive.
And yes, the dining will be for one day. The Voyagers BBQ is your best deal.
We also liked the Fireside feast w Santa. Do this on your non free dining day. At Christmas, they have an amazing Polar Express experience. We loved it! The Santa and sleigh look just like the movie.
You can grab a map when you enter and plan your day according to the show times. Online should have times of the major shows to give you reference.

*edited to change hotel name...it was at Springhill not Residence. Sorry!

I do know that the time you are going there will definitely be the christmas shows going on. I heard recently that the christmas shows are in the earlier portion of the day and end at 4pm. Don't quote me though, since I just heard it on disboards one time.

It's actually the opposite. The Christmas shows usually start around 6pm. All the Christmas shows take place at night. The normal shows are during the day.

It's actually the opposite. The Christmas shows usually start around 6pm. All the Christmas shows take place at night. The normal shows are during the day.

Oh thank you for telling me that! Maybe I got it wrong and the thread I read it on said that the Christmas shows start later. So glad to hear that.

As far as the free stuffed shame and dolphin, does renaissance give those too at check in?

We are staying at the Springhill suites. We have 2 queen beds, and a sleeper sofa. It's classified as an on site hotel. My grandmother stayed their last year, and was very impressed on how clean it was.

I edited my post to give the correct hotel name. Hubby looked online and the two connected that we have stayed at we're Fairfield and Springhill. They both have shuttle buses and are just round the corner from Seaworld. The Springhill is the one with larger, more modern rooms. It has the nice sofa and split bathroom.
Hubby did look at the Residence Inn and they do not offer shuttle service so I have no idea what amenities they offer. Sorry!

And folks, the stuffed animals are small, a little bigger than a beanie baby. Nothing to make or break where you're staying. They do have a little kid check in book the kids can sign. The Springhill had a beautifully decorated lobby for Christmas.

Thanks for all the info so far! Just one day of free dining isn't all that appealing. But we crunched some numbers tonight and realized that 2 day passes are going to run us approx. $400. We could buy annual passes for around $600. We've never set foot in Seaworld...but have 3 more Disney trips planned in the next year ( annual passholders there as well). So I know we would easily to be able to go a few more times! :thumbsup2

So here's my next question....if we book an onsite package, can we upgrade those tickets to annual passes? We're thinking of booking just one night, get free dining for one day, quick queue will hopefully be available, then upgrade the tickets. This would definitely give me the most bang for my buck!

Also, when I put in my dates, Reniassance comes in cheaper than the rest. Maybe because I have a larger party and it being Christmas week. :confused3 I'm not too particular where we stay for that night as long as I can get the Quick Queue as we'll just be going there to sleep.

Im not sure if you can upgrade, but of you have an AP you can get some really nice discounts on onsite and partner hotels.

Thanks for all the info so far! Just one day of free dining isn't all that appealing. But we crunched some numbers tonight and realized that 2 day passes are going to run us approx. $400. We could buy annual passes for around $600. We've never set foot in Seaworld...but have 3 more Disney trips planned in the next year ( annual passholders there as well). So I know we would easily to be able to go a few more times! :thumbsup2

So here's my next question....if we book an onsite package, can we upgrade those tickets to annual passes? We're thinking of booking just one night, get free dining for one day, quick queue will hopefully be available, then upgrade the tickets. This would definitely give me the most bang for my buck!

Also, when I put in my dates, Reniassance comes in cheaper than the rest. Maybe because I have a larger party and it being Christmas week. :confused3 I'm not too particular where we stay for that night as long as I can get the Quick Queue as we'll just be going there to sleep.

If you have a few trips planned look at the Super Grover pass through sesameplace.com. You could buy it today and it would be good through Dec. 31, 2013 for about $212 for adults and cheaper for kids. On Black Friday it has been 25% off ($157) the last few years and the sale runs through March 1.
It includes Sea World Orlando, San Antonio, and San Diego; Busch Gardens Tampa and Williamsburg, and all related waterparks except Discovery Cove. It includes Sesame Place in Pennsylvania but many on here buy it for the Florida parks. It has preferred parking, preferred seating at shows, and ride again priviliges as well as 10% off food and merchandise.
You can buy it online and print out a voucher to present at whatever park you go to first.
We have really enjoyed it this year and it offers more parks for less money than an annual pass.

We had a package deal last year and upgraded to a year's pass that evening before we left. I forgot how much extra we paid but it was worth it because we have gone a lot since then and our kids love it. They want to be dolphin trainers when they grow up!
Our pass expires in Oct and we will renew when we go then.

Hi,
I'm sure you already know this but I just managed to get a really terrific deal at the Renaissance using my AAA card. $132/night during spring break in late march. AAA also has good offers on entrance tickets.

Whenever I go to Orlando I never get beyond WDW. This time I decided to do SeaWorld, Gatorland and Legoland with my 8yr old DD and no WDW at all. We will have just come off the Fantasy after a 7 night cruise and so I figure we will have had our Disney fix :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter