Desperate now!

pinkee18

Earning My Ears
I had previously created a thread because we are going up on February 11-13. I made reservations two months back and after talking to Disney, they were canceled due to an error that said my account was closed. I have searched dates like you guys have told me and it always comes blank! We are scheduuled to leave in a couple of days. Is anyone here going to cancel any dates?? I owuld take ANY type of site!!! I have called with the same results :( Thanks!

pixiedust: for you

Keep trying today is 5 days out if anyone needs to cancel they have to do it today.

The fort is not full now so you really shouldn't have a problem getting a site. Even over this past weekend there were still alot of empty sites. You might try calling the FW front desk (407-824-2837) and explain your problem and they could probably hook you up with a reservation. Hope this helps.

Try emailing customer service. I did that when I had a problem and someone called me back and the problem with my reservations was fixed. Do you have the confirmation number they gave you?

I got it!!! Thanks for the pixie dust and for all your help! Problem is that I only got 1 day pffft. Think I can stay the night and extend another day? ;)

Try to extend the dates out past the departure date then change/cancel them! We have a large party attending Thur - Sun! Per the computer be adding some days- the sites "BECAME OPEN????????" Just keep trying!! Good Luck! Also, complain to customer service and they should speak to a SUPERVISOR - to explain the problem!

I got it!!! Thanks for the pixie dust and for all your help! Problem is that I only got 1 day pffft. Think I can stay the night and extend another day? ;)

I would think that would be a definite possibility. When you check-in ask about getting another day.

If you had a confirmed reservation number and had paid one night deposit, which is what a confirmed ressie means, I would be on the phone with Disney customer service demanding to know how they could close my account. If they made a mistake, they need to rectify the error, not leaving you to scramble for dates. Am I missing something here? Good luck, I hope it works out for you!

I searched just now at 12:55 PM the way I told you to search before and it shows a Premium site is available. You can NOT search for just the couple nights you want. You MUST put in that you are arriving on 2/11 and checking out on 2/18. Try calling and give them those dates and see what happens. You will only have to put down the cost of 1 night as a deposit. Then call tomorrow and cancel all the nights you don't want. Good luck.

I searched just now at 12:55 PM the way I told you to search before and it shows a Premium site is available. You can NOT search for just the couple nights you want. You MUST put in that you are arriving on 2/11 and checking out on 2/18. Try calling and give them those dates and see what happens. You will only have to put down the cost of 1 night as a deposit. Then call tomorrow and cancel all the nights you don't want. Good luck.

stpetedisneydad is absolutely correct. Thats pretty much the way ressies have to be made.

Thats just GREAT,No wonder I can never get a ressie when I need it.Just think of all the people who call up and get NOTHING AVAILABLE because of some who overbook just to get a few dates and cancel the rest before they arrive.Don't you think this is taken advantage of the system.

Don't you think this is taken advantage of the system.

Problem is that is how the system is set up.. Even when you call to get a "couple days" the CM will tell you nothing is available. Ask for a week and those dates are open...:confused3

,No wonder I can never get .Don't you think this is taken advantage of the system.

No.

Like mnsprk said, the way the system is set up, you have to do that to get ressies. As long as you cancel the days you don't need so someone else can have them.

YOU can't get your ressies because of the way the system is set up,, NOT because of the way people have to reserve to get their dates.

Thats just GREAT,No wonder I can never get a ressie when I need it.Just think of all the people who call up and get NOTHING AVAILABLE because of some who overbook just to get a few dates and cancel the rest before they arrive.Don't you think this is taken advantage of the system.

Taking advantage of the system? Not when it is the only way the system works. Disney created the reservations system to work a certain way, a way which obviously does not meet the needs of a good portion of their customers. I don't think it affects a majority of their customers, but still a good portion. It makes a sort of logical sense - Disney World is a vacation destination, and in this case the word vacation means "a week or more". In order to get that shorter stay you may desire, you may have to book more days than what you originally wanted, then cancel the extra days a bit later. You get the days you want, Disney gets your money, everyone goes away happy.

Now, the one's I think are taking advantage are the ones who book a week or more at the Fort with absolutely no intention of setting up on a campsite. They stay at some cheap place off site, but because they rented a site at the campground, they get all the advantages of staying on the property, i.e. Extra Magic Hours, free parking, etc. Disney does nothing about it, because Disney got paid - what do they care whether the person doing the paying actually uses the site or not?

Taking advantage of the system? Not when it is the only way the system works. Disney created the reservations system to work a certain way, a way which obviously does not meet the needs of a good portion of their customers. I don't think it affects a majority of their customers, but still a good portion. It makes a sort of logical sense - Disney World is a vacation destination, and in this case the word vacation means "a week or more". In order to get that shorter stay you may desire, you may have to book more days than what you originally wanted, then cancel the extra days a bit later. You get the days you want, Disney gets your money, everyone goes away happy.

I agree and most cancel within a couple of days of the original ressie so no harm no foul for the most part

Now, the one's I think are taking advantage are the ones who book a week or more at the Fort with absolutely no intention of setting up on a campsite. They stay at some cheap place off site, but because they rented a site at the campground, they get all the advantages of staying on the property, i.e. Extra Magic Hours, free parking, etc. Disney does nothing about it, because Disney got paid - what do they care whether the person doing the paying actually uses the site or not?

I disagree with this ... while I don't like it that is their right to reserve the site and use it however they see fit within the rules and consideration of other fellow campers even if they are not camping there. They could use the site just to park their vehicle and then go to the parks using Disney transportation or even to hold a family BBQ at for one day out of their reserved dates.

edited to fix the second bold formatting

Larry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter